Change of Mind by Leeann


Number of reviews: 5
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


After laying there thinking about her future for a few minutes, Rebecca decided she was hungry. She went to the same little coffee shop she ate at last night and ordered the same meal. She sat there watching the barista make it and didn't hear the door open. She was interrupted when she heard a voice behind her.

"Hello again." the voice said.

"Oh hey, Lance isn't it?" Rebecca said turning to the voice.

"Yeah, and you're Rebecca. How'd the interview go?" Lance asked putting his stuff on the counter.

"It went really well, I was very pleased with the way it went. I'm not sure if I'm going to get the job or not, but I did the best I could." Rebecca answered, the professionalism in her taking over.

"I just came from work myself and we just hired a new girl. Our boss was really impressed with her so he barely interviewed the next few people and he hired her. Good luck on your job." Lance smiled.

"Thanks, hold on my phone is ringing." Rebecca said turning her attention to the cellphone. "Hello, Rebecca Valdez here."

"Miss Valdez? This is Johnny Wright, I know I told you it wouldn't be til tomorrow until we know, but I was so impressed with you that I decided hands down to give you the job, and the guys agreed with me." Johnny said.

"Are you serious? That's so awesome. Thank you very much sir." Rebecca said her voice growing louder.

"Can you stop by later today about three this afternoon so we can have you sign the contract?" Johnny asked.

"Yes sir, no problem. I'll see you then." Rebecca smiled then hung up her phone and turned to Lance.

"I got the job." she said excited.

"Congratulations. Where will you be working?" Lance asked.

"Please don't laugh at me or anything, but I'm going to be Nsync's new tour manager. They're doing a reunion tour, and they needed a tour manager and I applied, and I got the job." Rebecca said excited yet reluctant because all the guys she'd ever met dissed her because she liked Nsync.

Lance just smiled and chuckled. "I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other then." He said taking off his sunglasses.

Rebecca immediatly recognized him and felt embarassed. "I'm sorry, I had no idea. I feel so embarassed."

"Theres nothing to be embarassed about, you didn't know it was me, which is good because then I know my disguise works." Lance smiled winking at her.

"Yeah, thats true. So are you excited to get back on tour?" Rebecca asked.

"Excited and nervous. What if nobody likes us any more. What if we go out there and flop. I know it's just stupid to think, but not all of us have been touring since we left. JC and Justin have but I haven't." Lance shrugged, letting out some of the feelings he had about the upcoming tour.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure you have a lot of fans out there who still love you." Rebecca smiled and encouraged him.

"Yeah." Lance nodded. "So what are you doing today?"

"I have no idea, I have to meet Johnny at three, but until then I have no idea." Rebecca shrugged.

"Well if you wanted to come watch us rehearse you can. Can't guarantee it'll be any fun, but you'll be able to meet the others and stuff." Lance suggested.

"Sounds better than sittin around my hotel room." Rebecca agreed.

"Well alright, lets go. I'm supposed to be there," Lance checked his watch and grimaced, "Five minutes ago."

Rebecca paid for her meal then grabbed the rest of her drink and followed Lance out the door.

"You'll have to pardon the mess, I don't usually have passengers." Lance said as he cleared a few things out of the front seat of his car.

"That's alright." Rebecca assured him.

"So what kind of music do you wanna listen to? I really don't think you'd appreciate this." Lance said taking out the Garth Brooks.

"What do you have?" Rebecca asked buckling up.

"Let's see, I have Britney, Christina, Mariah, Hilary Duff, Good Charlotte, and --"

"Good Charlotte." Rebecca said before he could finish listing them.

"Yes ma'am Good Charlotte it is." Lance said putting in his CD.

"Turn it to Motivation Proclamation please. I love that song." Rebecca said as she looked out the window.

"Sure. It's a good song." Lance obliged and turned it to Motivation Proclamation and before long Rebecca was singing a long to it.

"You really do have a pretty voice." Lance smiled at her.

Rebecca didn't realize that she was singing loud enough to be heard until he said that. After hearing him, she stopped and clamed up. Nobody was supposed to hear her sing, especially not a world renowned pop star.

"Don't be embarassed." Lance chuckled.

"Shut up."

The rest of the short trip was made in silence. Rebecca was thinking about her life and how it seemed her dreams were finally coming true. For as long as she could remember she'd dreamed of being involved in music somehow and going on tour. Now, her dreams were coming true right in front of her eyes. She hopped out of the vehicle and followed Lance and practically skipped beside him.

"A little excited Beck?" Lance laughed.

"How'd you know that was my nickname?" Rebecca asked him.

"You're belt buckle says so." Lance said pointing to her belt.

"Oh, thats right."

They went into the building it would be really easy for Rebecca to go sign her contract as the rehearsal was in one of the WEG studios. This tour wasn't going to be as big as their previous ones were. They'd be normal shows rather than stadium shows, they were practicing for shows as small as clubs. They plan was to build back up small then get bigger.

"So this is it." Lance said leading her into a dance studio.

Rebecca looked around her expecting somethin fancy but was surprised to find it was basically an empty room with a big mirror in the front and people lounging around.

"Hey guys, this is Rebecca, she's our new tour manager." Lance said introducing her.

"Hey Rebecca nice to meet you." JC said shaking her hand.

"You too, JC right?" she shook his hand firmly.

"Right." he nodded.

"Hey, I'm Justin." Justin said shaking her hand.

"Rebecca."

"I'm Chris, and I like that shirt." Chris said referring to her "FCUK" shirt.

"Thanks," Rebecca nodded.

"You weren't wearing that to your interview this morning were you?" Joey asked meeting her next.

"Do I look stupid? No, I changed after the interview." Rebecca retorted.

"Right, just thought I'd check. Joey by the way." he added.

"Yeah."

"So who else have you been on tour with?" JC asked breaking the akward silence.

"No one, I'm going to be just coming out of college, when I join you."

"So you're telling me that Johnny hired someone right out of college to run the most anticipated tour of the summer?" JC asked dumbfounded.

"Yes, JC he did. But believe me, I know what I'm doing." Rebecca assured him. "So, who's choreographing this?"

"We are," Justin said as he practiced a move.

"You guys haven't danced together in what three years, and you're doing your own moves? Isn't that a little risky?" Rebecca asked sitting on the floor against one of the mirrorless walls.

"We have a lot to prove on this tour, and be damned if we're going to do it any other way than our own. Every other tour has been controled, well not this time. This time we have the say in everything. " Lance answered, the business man in him coming out strong.

"That makes sense." Rebecca nodded.

"Come on guys, we need to get to work." Justin said getting everyones attention.

Rebecca watched as they all danced in unison to some of they're old songs, using some of the same moves, but also changing it up a bit making it more unique, more them. She couldn't believe how well they moved together, especially after all these years they'd been apart. She could see that they'd all changed since the time they'd been apart, each in their own way.

Justin she saw was an even better dancer than he had been when they'd took they're break. He had more of a raw edge about him, Rebecca couldn't help but think that made the package better, and added to his appeal.

Chris, it seemed, had grown up. It didn't seem he was the clown that he'd been all those years, or at least how he appeared while doing interviews and being on talk shows and things like that.

Rebecca smiled when she saw that Joey had really filled into his relativly new role as husband and fulltime father. He had a beautiful glow about him, that she knew only could be attributed to his greatest happiness.

JC was more dedicated than ever. He sang along with the CD while he danced, and put his whole heart and soul into what he was doing.

Then there was Lance, Rebecca couldn't seem to keep her eyes off him. He was definatly NOT the same scrawny boy he'd been when they left. Oh no, he had turned into a very handsome man. He had filled out completely, she thought if he wanted to he could take on he rest of Nysnc and win singlehandedly.

Realizing where her mind was taking her, Rebecca turned her attention to the group as a whole. They danced beautifully together, almost as if they'd never seperated to begin with.

The rest of the afternoon went by pretty quickly, now Rebecca found herself in Johnny's office, preparing to sign the contract that would ensure her a position for the next six months.

Johnny handed her a pen, and waited patiently for her to read over the papers, and smiled when she signed.

"Let me be the first to welcome you to the team Rebecca, its great to have you here." Johnny said shaking her hand.

"Thank you, Johnny, for everything." Rebecca said smiling and returned his handshake.

"You know Rebecca, forgive me if I'm being to forward, but I feel by the end of this six months, you're going to be dating one of our boys. You're a very attractive person, not just physical, but I can tell you have an amazing personality, and it'll be great to get to know you while you're working here."

Rebecca had no idea what to say, all she could do was feel the red in her face and shrug her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you." Johnny chuckled.

Rebecca turned to leave, before she heard Johnny stop her.

"Wait, Rebecca, I forgot to tell you, give us a copy of your plain ticket and hotel room receipts and you'll be reimbursed."

"Thank you sir." Rebecca nodded and smiled.

Rebecca left the building and went back to the hotel and packed her bag for her flight out, after she'd gotten the job, she called the airport and had them change the time. She couldn't afford to miss any more classes, so she just decided to leave. What she didn't know, was that the guys were disappointed and almost hurt when she didn't say goodbye before she left.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki