Heaven's Soldier by Laurencoz


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N:I decided to delete the chapter before this because it stunk:) Post reviews! -Lauren


“Hey Toad, you got a girl?” Justin asked as he got dressed and ready for bed. Toad’s real name was Timothy Road, from Kansas, and he was a little younger than Justin. He started every sentence with “Yep”. They had done most of their training together, so Justin was glad he was one of the three guys who shared his room. All four of them had become like brothers the last few months, always looking out for each other. But Toad was like his clone.

“Yep, I’ve been living with Kelly, for about a year now. She’s my world. See?” Toad held out a picture of a girl with short blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

“That’s awesome, Toad,” Justin said, handing the picture back.

“Yep. But we didn‘t get married or anything, like you J,” Toad said hitting his arm.

Justin brushed him off. “What about you Jaxon? You got someone waitin’ back home for you?”

Jaxon was 23, from South Carolina. Whenever he had free time, he was always wearing headphones. He thought R&B brought him back home and was relaxing. Somehow he always managed to still hear everyone else talking to him, though. He just leaned over to his drawer and pulled out a stack of pictures. He handed them to Justin and smiled, “Fo‘ sho‘.”

Justin laughed, as he looked through the stack of about 15 pictures. Each one was a picture of Jaxon with his arm around a girl, a different girl in every picture. “Yep, big pimpin, Jax,” Toad said, looking over Justin’s shoulder.

Just then, the door opened and in walked Collin. He was from New Orleans and he always managed to get everyone in a good mood. He liked to party, and say “bastard” a lot. “What up, you fools?”

“We’re about to go to bed,” Justin said, putting his uniform away.

“You bastards like to sleep in the freezing cold, or somethin?” Collin said.

“Somethin’ like that. We got the grip of sweatshirts out here, though,” Justin said throwing a hoodie at him.

Collin took his hoodie and some clothes to sleep in and headed for the bathroom. Toad went to turn out the light. “Night y’all,”

Justin crawled under his blankets. He honestly dreaded night time in Iraq. He didn’t want to admit it, but he was a little afraid of what someone could do to him and his boys while they were sleeping and in another country. It was a constant battle he fought every night just to get to sleep. He was always laying there for hours thinking of home and of Abigail until sleep finally came. It was times like these when memories would suddenly turn in to dreams.

The snow fell softly all around them, and some landed on her blonde hair. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close as they walked down the street together. She picked up a handful of snowflakes in her gloved hand and gently mashed it together.

“I love the snow,” Abigail said.

“Yeah,” He said dreamily.

“I wish it would snow all the time, even when it’s warm.”

“I know something better,” Justin said, stopping in front of her. They always played this game. Whenever one of them wanted a hug, they’d just add those words into their conversation, as a hint.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled as he hugged her. “You’re right. This is better.”

They pulled apart and Justin gazed at her. With the wind swirling the snow around them, he felt like he was in a snow globe. She always made him feel like this, like nothing could go wrong. He was safe as long as he was looking in her eyes.

“Race you to my house!” Abigail turned and ran far ahead of him.

“No fair, Abi! That was such a head start!”

He started after her, but the street ahead of him turned dark. The last thing he could see was her striped scarf disappearing ahead of him into the darkness.

“Abi!” He screamed, running through the darkness.

Suddenly there was a blast, like a bomb had gone off. “Abigail!”

Justin woke up covered in sweat. He sat up and wiped the drops off of his face. He stood up and went into the bathroom. He turned on the light switch and tried splashing some water on his face. He glanced into the mirror to see that his eyes were bloodshot, with dark circles underneath. What was this place doing to him?




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki