Heaven's Soldier by Laurencoz


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +




To See Pics of the Characters, Click Here!


Chapter Two

Abigail:

So I‘m going a little crazy, running around my bedroom trying to find my cell phone. I hear it ringing but I can‘t seem to find the damn thing.

I sort through my huge pile of laundry and is it there? Nope.

I rush over to my bed throw my pillows around, trying to put an end to the incessant jingle.

Finally I spot a glow coming out of my purse on the other side of the room. I make a dive for it. “Ow! …hello?”

“Hey Abi…are you okay?” A familiar voice said from the other end of the line.

I wince, holding my poor bruised toe, “Fine. What‘s up?”

“Do you have plans for tonight?” The voice said. “Me and Kel are getting a little depressed and need a girl’s night.”

After Justin had left, I moved into the military neighborhood just a few weeks ago and met Jenn and Kelly, whose men are fighting too. Jenn lives next door and is married to a soldier named Luke who has been in Iraq for eight months. Kelly lives across the street from us. She told me that her boyfriend, “Toad”, is actually one of Justin’s roommates. After hearing how similar he is to J, meaning crazy and obnoxious, I know he’s doing alright over there.

These girl’s are my lifeline. I’m not completely lonely and depressed. I mean, Justin’s mom, Lynn comes to visit every once in awhile, but I’d go insane without someone nearby who understands what I’m going through. It’s not easy letting your man go to war.

“You two can come over here and we’ll rent movies or something.”

“Sounds good, I’ll call Kelly.”

“Wait! Jenn?”

“Yep?”

“Bring chocolate. Lots of chocolate.”

I could hear her laugh before she hung up the phone. I hope she didn’t think I was kidding.

If I’m depressed, I need my baby. If J’s not here, I need my chocolate.




“You want any M&Ms?” I said, passing the bag to Kelly.

“Nope, I don’t feel very good,” she said, pushing them back at me.

“You sick?” Jenn said, grabbing a handful of popcorn.

We had rented three chick flicks and decided to have a junk food fest. Popcorn, Cookies, Candy, and Chips were all over my living room floor.

“It must have been something I ate earlier.”

I paused the movie. “Kelly, weren’t you sick last night? …maybe you should take a test,”

“No way. Before Toad left we used protection every time. That couldn’t be it. Maybe I just had some kind of food poisoning,” she said leaning back onto her pillow.

“If you think so. Me and Jenn will be happy to finish all of the junk food without you,” I said switching the M&Ms for a bag of Doritos.

“Have you talked to Justin lately?” Jenn said, through a mouthful of popcorn.

“Geez woman, close your mouth. I don‘t need to see all that,” I said smiling at her.

“Just answer my question!” She said, opening her mouth even wider to piss me off.

“Nope. He called me a lot last week, but the calls are getting farther apart now that he’s getting used to it over there.”

“I’m sorry, Abi.” She said, taking a drink.

I half smiled, “It’s alright. It’s not like I miss him or anything,”

Kelly smacked my arm, “Riiight. We believe you.”




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki