Heaven's Soldier by Laurencoz


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 3




Four guys in uniform walked through an abandoned town. The buildings that had once been home to Iraqis, were now in shambles. Justin thought to himself that normally it would have been a pretty eerie place to be. But since he was with his three buddies, the quiet place was a nice break from the chaos they were used to.

Toad‘s voice echoed through the dusty street. “All right, stop.”

“Collaborate and listen.” Justin finished.

“Ice is back with my brand new invention,” Toad said, dancing with his gun.

“Somethin’ grabs a hold of me tightly…oh my gawd, it’s Jaxon!” Justin yelled, as Jax grabbed the back of his neck.

“Guys, we’re supposed to be seriously checking this place out,” he said, shushing them.

“Yep, we’ve been checking it out all day. Nothings here y‘all,” Toad said. “Let’s head back.”

“Bastards. Now, I can’t get Vanilla Ice out of my head,” Collin said, shoving Justin.

“Will it ever stop? Yo, I don’t know,” Justin said, booty bumping Collin.

“Ice ice baby,” Toad said, doing the moonwalk through the dirt.

Collin and Jaxon looked at each other and shook their heads.

“Yo man, let’s get out of here,” Toad said, laughing.

“Word to yo’ motha!” Justin said, putting his fist to his chest.




The four guys had finally arrived back after sundown. They were unloading the truck when they heard Sgt. Fogarty’s voice ring out in the darkness.

“Road!”

Toad stood up straight, “Yes, sir.”

“You have a phone call.”

“A phone call, sir?”

The sergeant pointed him in the right direction and he disappeared through a door. Justin wiped his forehead and hauled more supplies out of the truck.

Two hours later, he reported all they had seen to the sergeant and was able to head back to his room. As he stepped into the room, he saw Jaxon lying down with his headphones on, like always. Collin was already passed out in his bed, and Toad wasn’t back yet. He pulled his uniform off and took a shower. His days were getting to be extremely long and he was starting to count down the months until he could see Abigail again. He dried off and pulled some pajamas on. He stepped out of the bathroom into the pitch black and crawled into bed, hoping to dream of his wife.

Just as he got settled and began to close his eyes he heard the sound of their door slam. All three guys moaned as the light was flipped on. “Guys, guess what?!”

“Toad, you bastard! Turn the light off!” Collin said, throwing a boot at him.

Toad dodged the boot and started dancing around the room. He was smiling from ear to ear.

“Toad, for real, we were sleepin,” Jaxon said, taking his earphones out. “What is wrong with you?”

Toad stopped dancing and smiled at the three. “Yep. I‘m gonna be a dad!”

“A dad?” Justin said. “Was that what your phone call was about?”

“Yep. It was Kelly, J. She’s pregnant!” He said, never losing the smiled on his face.

“We all know you’re a lucky bastard, Toad. Now turn off the light.”

Toad laughed and flipped the light off. He bounced into the bed next to Justin‘s. “Can you believe it, J?” He whispered. “A little me is gonna be running around the house.”

Justin smiled and whispered back. “You’ll make a good dad, Toad.”





© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki