Heaven's Soldier by Laurencoz


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Four




I’ve never once thought compare a beautiful girl to a duck, but that’s the picture I get in my mind every time I see Kelly waddling around with her belly.

Jenn & I were so happy for Kells when we found out about the baby 7mos ago, but it was a little bittersweet too. I’ll be the first one to admit I was jealous.

Getting pregnant when your husband’s in Iraq has its pros and cons. When I get pregnant, of course I want J to be there for me.

Even if it’s just so he can hold my hair back while I’m puking. But now that he’s in a dangerous area 24/7, I can’t help but worry that if something happened to him, I’d really have nothing. If we had a baby, at least I’d have a small piece of him to live on after he’s gone.



Okay, enough with the depressing subjects…my friend is having a BABY!! I’m definitely excited.

So, Kelly had been so tiny for the first 6 months of her pregnancy, that she had herself convinced that she would never have to buy “belly clothes,” as she called maternity clothes.

But this month rolled around…and so did Kelly’s belly. Needless to say, we decided to go shopping. We’re at the mall, and I’m so busy watching Kelly waddle ahead of me, hence the duck schpeel, that I’m only half listening to Jenn.



“So Abi? Do you think it’s a good idea?”

“Definitely, great idea.” I said. I have no idea what she’s talking about…hope it’s not a bad idea.

“What’s a good idea?” Kelly asked. Thank you, Kells.

“Church on Sunday,” Jenn answered. Whew, not a bad idea.

“You really think my penguin azz is gonna fit in a church pew?” She asked, laughing. Hmmm. Penguin. Didn’t think of that, but now that she mentioned it…

“Kelly, you know they have real chairs,” Jenn said, picking out a maternity dress, questioningly.

Kelly shook her head at the dress. “I guess church would be okay. We need to go pray for our boys anyway, right?”

I decided to speak up. “Amen.”




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki