The One by JustinsGurl83


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 18

Justin squinted in the sunlight as he exited the studio. As his eyes were adjusting to the brightness of the sun, he felt a hand grasp his arm and turn him around. “Justin, wow - I haven’t seen you in forever! How have you been?”

“Britney, hi…” He pulled his sunglasses from resting on his head to resting on his nose. He stood awkwardly and dug his hand into his pocket, fingering his keys.

“You seem uncomfortable… I’m sorry. I thought you’d be over me by now.”

“I, am…” He cleared his throat and spoke quietly. “I am over you.”

“Okay, great. So you can still have a little fun with me and not feel guilty. I hear you’re dating Jen. You wouldn’t want to break her heart, but hanging out with someone you have no feelings for is harmless, right?”

“Right… I guess,” he said uncomfortably, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

“Okay, so maybe we can hang out sometime? You know, have a little fun?”

“Sure, Brit. Nice seeing you again, but I’ve got to go.” He pulled his car keys out of his pocket and turned toward his car.

“Yeah, I’ll just give you a call a little later this week,” she called after him.



“Hey, Jen?” he called, letting himself into her apartment. “You home?”

“Hey Jus,” she said, appearing foyer with a frying pan in one hand and a rag in the other. “I was just doing dishes and I didn’t hear you knock.” He followed her into the kitchen, where she set the frying pan on the counter.

“Well, it looks like you’re moving along nicely with the packing. You almost done?”

“Almost,” she assured him. “Basically, I packed everything that I won’t need for my last week in this apartment.”

Justin sat down at the island in the center of her kitchen and swiveled back and forth in the chair. “I ran into Britney in the parking lot a the studio today.” He left his statement hanging for her to pick up, and she did.

“Oh yeah? What’d she say?”

“She suggested that we could maybe hang out later on this week.”

She looked away from the sudsy water and raised her eyebrows at him. “And?”

Justin looked at her blankly. “And…? And what? Did you think I said ‘okay’?”

“Just checking,” she said, turning back to the porcelain sink



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki