The One by JustinsGurl83


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 22

He flipped open his cell phone. “Hello?”

“Justin, it’s mom,” she said in a distressed tone.

“What’s wrong?” Justin furrowed his eyebrows in concern. Very rarely did he hear his mother upset. She had always tried to put on a happy front, and this turnaround worried him. She still hadn’t answered him. “…Mom?” His voice cracked.

“I was sure you’d already know,” she said finally with a southern twang.

“Well, I… I don’t.” He swallowed hard and he looked around blankly. His friends were staring at him in concern, but he ignored it.

“Honey, Jen got hit by a car a few hours ago.” She waited just a moment before quickly continuing. “I don’t know anything as of yet, so I don’t want you panicking. I’m sure she’s going to be fine. She was taken up to the hospital and Jen’s parents and I are on our way there now.”

There was a strange silence before Justin finally spoke up. “Wow.” His heart pounded in his chest. The guys were still looking at him in wonder and he put his head down. He put his forehead in his hand and closed his eyes. “I’m so scared right now.”

“I know, honey,” she consoled him. “I think it would be best if I called you when I knew more.”

“I guess,” he said.

“Hang in there, Justin.”



“Hi, I’m Dr. Amanda Ross,” she said, shaking Jen’s father’s hand. “Although Jennifer has been admitted to the trauma center, which is generally for severely injured patients, she is going to be fine. We did have to do surgery on her left knee as well as various areas of her abdomen. She’s going to have pins in her knee for a few months, but they’ll be taken out. She’ll be on crutches for the first few weeks, but it shouldn’t be too long before she’s off of them.” She went on to explain the severity of the accident and the injuries involved. Two of her bottom ribs had been damaged in the collision, one of them puncturing her spleen. At that particular time, they were operating on her spleen, putting dissolvable stitches in to hold it together. To her luck, a transplant wasn’t necessary. “I know this is a lot to take in, but try to bare with me. She's also suffering a mild concussion and a broken nose. Those are nothing to be concerned about. They're extremely common in collisions and very easily treated. So, aside from those and some scrapes and bruises, I’d say she’s doing pretty well. Compared to what could have been, I’d say she’s quite luckily.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki