The One by JustinsGurl83


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 29

Jen watched from the bed with sad eyes as he packed his suitcase. He was getting ready to leave for Europe on his Justified tour early tomorrow morning. Justin could feel her stare, and turned to her. “What’s the matter?”

“Nothing,” she said quietly, and turned to face the other way.

Justin walked quietly to the bed and laid down next to her, her back facing him. He placed his arm over her middle and pulled her close to him. “What’s the matter, babe?” he whispered in her ear.

She shivered at the feel of his lips against her skin. She turned to face him and his eyebrows creased in worry. Tears had made trails down her cheeks and more were forming in her watery eyes. “I don’t want you to leave.”

“Oh, hun, I don’t want to leave you, either,” he said softly. “But I won’t be gone long. Just six weeks. That’s not so bad, right?” he asked, and kissed her cheek. “And I’m going to call you each day that I’m gone.”

“And you promise you won’t fall in love with a British girl while you’re there?” Jen giggled sheepishly.

“I promise,” he smiled.

“I’m going to miss you so much,” she whispered, and snuggled close to him.

“I’ll miss you, too, hun.” He wrapped his arms around her, and together, they fell asleep.



“Bye, Jus,” she whispered into his ear as he held her. She squeezed her eyes shut to keep from crying, but a tear forced its way through her eyelids and down her cheek. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you, too, hun.” He pulled away and wiped her tear with his thumb. “I’ll see you in a few weeks.” He kissed her on the forehead and brought his hands down to hers. They held hands for a moment before he leaned down to kiss her. “Bye, hun.” He began to walk toward the entrance gate to board the aircraft.

“Bye, Jus,” she waved sadly.



“Hey, Jus! How’s it going?!” she talked excitedly. He had been gone five weeks and she missed him terribly. But as he had promised the night before he left, he’d called her at least one time for each day that he was away.

“It’s going great - you feeling any better?” The day before, she had thrown up and been nauseous afterwards.

“I’m feeling okay. I felt better last night after we hung up, but ever since I woke up this morning, I’ve just feeling a little bit nauseous.”

“Do you think we should call a doctor? Have you checked out?”

“No, I don’t think it’s a big deal. Probably just the flu or something. It’ll go away.”

“Okay,” Justin said skeptically. “I’ll be home in a few days. Get some rest until then… I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Alright, babe, talk to you later. You should probably get some rest, too. You sound tired.”

“I am,” he laughed into the phone. “I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”



The next morning, Jen woke up and upon sitting up in bed was instantly hit with a wave of nausea. She ran to the bathroom and dry-heaved on an empty stomach. She willingly made it to the sink and brushed her teeth when the heaves stopped and then crawled back into her warm bed and curled up into a ball. She felt horrible and all she wanted to do was sleep. This was the third day of her flu, which was unusual, seeing as her sickness had varied from feeling completely fine to feeling ill during that course of three days.

As she was entering the state of passage from reality to dreamland, the phone rang and brought her back to the real world. She sighed and reached over to pick it up off the hook. “Hello?” she spoke groggily.

“Hey,” Justin sighed. He hated that she was sick and he couldn’t be there to take care of her.

“Hey,” she said, fatigued. “Why’d you call so early?” He had a tendency to call at night just as they were both getting ready for bed.

“Just wanted to check up on you. See how you were doing.”

“Well,” she began, “I feel worse than before.”

“I think we should call a doctor,” Justin said concerned. “Don’t you?”

“I don’t know. What if it’s nothing?”

Justin sighed. “I’ll call the doctor for you, okay?”

“Alright,” she agreed, and they hung up so that he could call. Not three minutes later, he called back and she answered the phone.

“They said he’ll take you at four o’clock this afternoon,” he told her.



“Jen, have you taken a pregnancy test?”

Jen looked at her doctor and her stomach turned. Might she really be pregnant? “No…” she answered, hesitantly. “Should I?”

“I think that would be wise. We can do it right now if you’d like. It’ll only take a couple of minutes.” She agreed to take the test and after acquiring the sample, Dr. Murray left the room. He re-entered the room a couple minutes later with an unreadable expression across his face. Jen was confused as to whether this expression meant there was a baby inside of her or that there wasn’t. Her stomach began to feel heavy and the nausea returned.

“Well, Jen,” he said, “The results are back and they read positive for pregnancy.”

“Oh my God,” she gasped. Her heart leapt into her throat and she glanced down at her abdomen in shock. Suddenly, the nausea disappeared and she was filled with an immense feeling of joy. She hadn’t been trying for a baby, but she was ecstatic nonetheless. “I’m so happy right now. Thank you, Dr. Murray.”

“Congratulations, Jen,” he chuckled in a friendly manner. “We’ll schedule an appointment for a month from now if that’s okay with you.”

“That’s fine,” she said, still stunned by the news.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki