The One by JustinsGurl83


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 4
“What the hell is going on here?!” Justin asked, his fists clenched by his sides. “Britney, what are you doing?”

“Um…” she was at a loss for words. “I was … just … nothing,” she finished.

“It doesn’t look like nothing. It looks like a whole hell of a lot of something. Why the hell were you making out with him? Wade, why would you do this to me?” Justin was obviously hurt.

“Oh, I think… I think I’m going to leave now,” Wade said. He squished past Justin and walked swiftly down the hall.

Justin followed him out the door. “What the @#%$, Wade?” he asked, and stood there watching him disappear down the hall. With a huff, he turned back into the room. “What’s going on, Britney? Why are you kissing Wade behind my back?”

When Britney said nothing, Justin spoke up. “Look at me, Britney.”

“I don’t know. Justin, I don’t know. I like him as more than a friend, I guess.”

“I don’t even want to hear it, you know that? I don’t even want to hear it.”

“But I have to say it,” Britney raised her voice. “I don’t love you anymore. I tried to love you - I wanted to love you, but I just don‘t anymore! And I can‘t help it.”

“Okay.” Justin’s quiet voice upset her. He felt so hurt and he was sure his heart would break. “Okay. Just pack your things and leave, okay? Please,” he begged.

Without a word, Britney stood up and left Justin standing there alone.


There is a knock at her door and Jen opens it. Justin slumped in and sat on her bed. She looked at him and waiting for him to speak.

“Britney and I just broke up,” he spoke softly. “I walked in, and she was … she was kissing Wade, Jen. Why would she kiss him? In my room? She told me she didn’t love me anymore, and now … she’s gone.”

Jen was at a loss for words. She knew how much he cared for her and how heartbroken he must be. She sat down next to him and rubbed his back, leaning her head on his shoulder. “I’m so sorry, Justin,” she said.

“I don’t even know why it happened. I mean, I know we were having hard times in our relationship, but I was sure we’d make it work. It’s not like we didn’t have these problems before. Our schedules have always been hectic. We always made it through the hard times. It’s just… I don’t know. She was my first real love.”

“I know, Justin. I know. But you know what? One day, you’re going to find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, and you’re going to know. And you’re not going to have any doubts and you’ll just know that they’re the one.”

Justin smiled. “Thanks, Jen.” He gave her a hug. “You’re such a friend.”



The next morning, Jen woke up to the sound of her alarm. It was eight o’clock. She groaned. The night before, she and Justin had ordered movies on her TV and they didn’t fall asleep until late. She pressed snooze and turned over in her bed.

There was a knock at the door. She groaned. “Looks like I’m not getting any more sleep in today.” She reluctantly pulled herself out of bed to answer the door.

“Hey,” Lance said. “You coming down to breakfast? And do you know where Justin is? He’s not answering his door and he’s not down at the buffet…”

Jen giggled. “He’s in here with me. We both fell asleep on my bed last night. We were watching movies.”

“Cute,” Lance laughed. “Are you coming? I’ll wake up the sleepy head.”

“Sleepy head? Hardly,” Jen grunted. “It’s only eight.”



Justin sat down at a table with Jen. Food was overflowing on his plate and Jen laughed. “Are you sure you can eat all that?”

Justin just smiled.

“Hey, are you okay about what happened yesterday?”

“Yeah,” he said, then paused. “Looks as though I’m going dateless to the American Music Awards, too.”

“So what does that matter? You’re officially single, now. Free to do anything you please.”

“I know. But can I ask you something?”

Jen just looked at him, waiting for the question.

“Will you be my date to the awards?”

She paused and Justin frowned. “I don’t know, Justin. I mean, people will ask us if we’re dating, won’t they?”

“Yeah,” he said. “I know. But what do they matter anyway?”

She finally agreed. “Okay, fine, I’ll go. Do you know any good places around here that I can get a good dress?”

“Actually, no, but that won't be a problem. I’ll send my mom with you.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki