The One by JustinsGurl83


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 6

* Two weeks later - Las Vegas *

“Hey, Jus,” Jen smiled upon answering the door.

“What are you up to?”

“Not much, watching TV.”

“Want to go swimming? We haven’t seen each other much the past couple days.”

“I know it. Swimming sounds great - let me get into my bathing suit,” she said, turning off her TV.



“Cool, we have the pool to ourselves,” Justin said, jumping in. “C’mon in, it’s so warm!”

“Okay, I’m coming, I’m coming,” Jen chuckled, taking off her shorts.

“My God she looks hot,” Justin mumbled under his breath before ducking under water and swimming to the shallow end.

Jen stepped down the stairs and into the water. She waded over to Justin.

“So how do you like being single?” she asked quietly.

“I don’t know… it feels kind of weird,” Justin said, looking down into the water and running his hands through it. He ducked back under and grabbed her ankles. He pulled them and she slipped underwater.

She came up gasping for air. “You little jerk,” she giggled, and pushed his head under. He grabbed her by the waste and pulled her down with him. He let her go and swam to the surface. He made his way into the deep end and she swam right after him. She pushed on his head under as hard as she could and swam away before he could get back at her.

She reached the shallow end and stood firmly on the floor before looking back, expecting him to be close behind. Instead, she saw his body slowly sinking to the bottom of the deep end, his arms limp in the water. Her eyes widened in terror. She dove into the water and lunged to the bottom of the pool. She grabbed his wrist and he grabbed hers. He pushed off the bottom of the pool with his legs and held her until they reached the top.

“My God, Justin, don’t you dare do that again! I thought you’d drowned!”

“I’m sorry,” Justin chuckled, before turning serious. “What would you do if I was drowning?”

“I’d pull you of the pool and give you mouth to mouth, of course.”

Justin just smiled.



“Hey JC, what’s up,” Justin said, answering the door. He was just getting into bed when he heard the knock.

“I saw you down at the pool with Jen.”

“Yeah? So? She’s my best friend, I’m allowed to swim in the pool with her.”

“No need to get defensive,” JC said with a knowing smile. “But when I saw you put your arms around her, you kept them around her longer than she expected and you seemed happy.”

“Yeah, and…?”

“…And I think that maybe you love her. And when I say love her, I mean in love with her.”

“I’m not in love with her, JC, she’s my best friend.” The truth was, Justin had obvious feelings for her, but was so afraid to admit it. He didn’t want anything to change or feel awkward between them. He cherished their friendship too much to do anything to destroy it.



“Hey Katie, what time does your flight get in tomorrow?” Jen asked over the phone.

“Uh… two o’clock. You’re coming to pick me up, right?”

“Yeah. And by the way, Justin and I have been spending a lot more time together since he broke up with Britney.”

“That’s cool,” Katie smiled.

“Oh yeah, and while we were swimming, he put his arms around me.”

“So? What’s wrong with that?”

“He kept them around me longer than I expected. It kind of caught me off guard.”

“Jen, I don’t think Justin meant anything by it.”

“I know, I guess I over reacted a little bit.”

“Yeah, you tend to do that sometimes. Listen, I have to finish packing but I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay, I can’t wait. Bye.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki