Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 9: The Sit-in



Argh! Curse the bright morning sun. I’m exhausted; I feel like I didn’t sleep a wink last night. That’s probably because I couldn’t stop thinking about a certain someone whose name need not be mentioned.


I stretch my body until my toes reach the bottom of the mattress before rolling out of bed and sulking into the bathroom. I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face and run down stairs for breakfast.


Hmm….that’s funny. My mom isn’t up yet. Most Sundays I come downstairs for breakfast, she’s sitting at the table dressed in her church clothes and eating her breakfast of dry toast and black coffee. She must be running late. At least I don’t have to lie to her first thing in the morning; I can wait until after my stomach is full.


Grabbing a bowl, a box of Capin’ Crunch and the milk I sit down to pour my cereal. Mmm…this is like the best cereal ever. I could eat is every day; I would if my mom would let me. She says it’s too sugary. What am I ten? I think I should be able to choose what I eat for breakfast.


“Mom.” She stops her moments towards the stairs and turns to me with ‘I’m busted’ look on her face.


“Morning honey.”


“Are you just getting in?” I ask although I already know the answer. She’s wearing the same clothes she was wearing yesterday. Her hair is a mess and her makeup is smeared.


Where the heck was she?


She laughs nervously as she formulates a lie in her head. “I went out with your Aunt Ellen and I decided to stay the night.”


“Why do you smell like men’s cologne?”


She laughs again and brushes me off with a wave of her hand. “I thought I told you that cereal was too sugary.”


~*~*~*~*~


“You honestly think that your mom was out with some guy last night?” Liz laughs. I don’t find this amusing. And what does she mean by saying it like that? My mother may be strict and a committed church-go-er, but she could get a guy if she wanted to.


“She reeked of cologne, Liz! And she was just getting in this morning at six thirty.” I practically yell at her in utter frustration. She rolls her eyes and licks her eye cream cone. I took her to the same place Justin took me yesterday although I’m not hungry this time nor am I having a good time. “And then when I questioned her about it she just told me that my cereal was too sugary.”


“When did she tell you she was letting you off on your grounding early?”


“On the way to church when I asked her how last night was.” I answer smartly knowing that I have proven my point.


I’m 95% sure that my mother, age 45 was out last night gallivanting with some man she barely knows. She does this and then lies about it and she lectures me about my cereal being too sugary. I wish I could get inside this woman’s mind for just two seconds…..


“Sounds like your mom was screwing some guy last night.”


Okay, now when she says it like that I want to punch her in the face. She’s making my mom out to sound like some slut. Ugh, but it’s probably true and that fact just makes me want to puke. I groan and drop my head to the table. I hate my life sometimes.


“Okay, so let’s say that your mom is bangin’ this guy,” Such an eloquent speaker isn’t she? “What’s the big deal? It’s not like she’s really married anymore.”


Yes she is! My parents never filed for divorce. My dad died but still, she should remain loyal to him and their vows. Although, the vows do say ‘until death do us part’ or something along those lines. That shouldn’t count though! My mom said herself that my dad was the only man for her and that God put them on this earth to for the sole purpose of finding each other. So if he’s the only one for her why is she…dating, if you can call it that?


“I don’t want to talk about this anymore Liz.”


“Excuse me, girls?” The young girl that waited on us today interrupts. “We’re going to have to ask you to leave.”


I look over at Liz with confused eyes and she looks back just as puzzled. Are we being kicked out? I know I was a little bit loud but I think this is just ridiculous. Oh well, I’m not about to argue. I start to collect my things.


“Why?” Liz asks rather rudely. Here we go. “You better have a damn good reason for kicking out paying customers.”


The girl looks frightened. Why can’t Liz ever just let anything go? “I’m just doing what my boss told me.”


I try to pull Liz from her seat but she won’t budge. This is so embarrassing. “Come on Liz.” I plead pulling harder on the purse strap lying over her shoulder. She tries to brush me off but I keep on pulling. I keep on pulling until her purse strap breaks and fly backwards. I close my eyes as I wait to hit the floor but instead two arms wrap themselves around me and raise me to my feet.


Oh thank goodness someone caught me; that would have caused a huge bruise I’m sure. Regaining my balance I turn to that the Good Samaritan. He looks kind of familiar but I can’t place him.


“Thanks.” I smile genuinely before turning back to Liz who is laughing her butt off. I’m glad she finds this so amusing. She sobers when she sees the look I’m tossing her way. “Can we go now please?”


“I am not budging from this spot until I find out why we are being kicked out!” She yells loudly so that anyone in a ten mile radius can hear.

Everyone else who was in here already left and that’s leaves just the two of us. I’ve already embarrassed myself enough as it is. I would like to just leave in quiet. If I leave with out Liz she will like never talk to me again so that’s out of the question.


“Will someone just tell us why we have to leave so we can get out of your hair?” I say exhaustedly. I hate it when Liz acts like this. I just want to go home and take a bubble bath and try to forget about all of my problems.


“Some famous people are here and they don’t want to deal with any fans right now so we’re closing until they leave.”
The girl that Liz terrified answers me. “I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”


Of course my mind instantly flies to Justin. It could be him. He did take me here yesterday and they closed the place for him then. And he did say that he comes here nearly everyday.
But she said famous people; as in more that one person. And what would be the chances anyway?


“Who is it?” Liz asks suddenly a whole lot more friendly to the girl.


“I’m afraid I can’t say.”


“The least you can do is tell us who it is since you are kicking us out and all.” Liz responds standing from her seat and crossing her arms over her chest. You see what I have to put up with?


“Fine, but you have to promise not to breathe a word to anyone.” Suddenly interested myself we both lean in closer. “Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez are here.”


~*~*~*~


What the f**k is taking so long? They normally clear this place in like two minutes. I’m starving and really craving a banana split extra whipped cream.

Me and Jace have been working hard all day in the studio on my new album and we needed a break so we came to our favorite spot. I don’t know what it is about this place but I always do my best writing here.


Trace finally comes back out shrugging his shoulders. We sent him in to see what was taking so long. “There are two girls in there refusing to move.”


This is just f**king rich. I just want some ice cream! We should just send Mike in there and have him throw their ass out. “This is f**king ridiculous.” I mumble under my breath trying to keep my temper under control.


“You should have seen it though man,” Trace laughs. “One of the girls was trying to get the other one to leave and she nearly fell on her ass. Luckily I was there to catch her.”


I laugh along with Trace and JC but my mind turns to a certain someone that reminds me of. I’ve seen Elli fall more times than I can count in just the short time I’ve known her. She must be the world’s biggest klutz.


That reminds me; I need to call her. We’re supposed to get together again so I can give her her things and I can get my Oreos. I know that was sort of pathetic not giving Elli her stuff but that gives me an excuse to see her again; in a strictly platonic way of course.


Who am I kidding? I like this girl. I know nothing can ever come from that but I will admit that I like her.


“This is crazy, I’m going in.” I announce getting out of the car and pushing my way inside. At the sound of the bell from the door the small group inside turns to look at me. “Elli?”


She smiles shyly and offers a small wave. “Hey.”



TBC....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki