Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 10: Na-kid



How is it you can have a dresser and closet packed full of clothing yet have absolutely nothing to wear? Guys have it so easy. All they have to do is throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and, bam, they’re ready. Girls have to worry about looking frumpy or slutty and then they have to deal with their hair and makeup. It just isn’t fair.


Justin invited us, me and Liz, to come to a small party at his house tonight; well tecnically Trace invited us, but that's beside the poing. Justin wants to show off his new boat so the party will be on the beach. It should be fun or completely nerve racking; most likely nerve racking.

Oh my”can you imagine if Justin goes swimming….in his swim trunks. I’ll faint. I’ll faint or just do something completely embarrassing like drool all over my feet.


I never should have agreed to go to this party. I blame Liz for anything that goes wrong.


“That’s not what you’re wearing is it?” Hello to you too Liz. How rude is she?


“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” I ask as I follow her into her house and up to her room. I’m wearing a pair of jeans and a white blouse. I look casual but not too casual; I though I looked nice.


“You’re not going out to dinner with your mom El. You’re going to a beach party with friggin' Justin Timberlake.”


I roll my eyes. Really, is that were I’m going? Am I supposed to dress like her? All she’s wearing is a yellow bikini top and a pair of short jean shorts. I can’t wear things like that. I would feel naked; plus my body does not look like hers.


“Here,” She says throwing a bathing suit at me, “Wear this.” I hold up the garment to get a better look at it and almost feel queasy. There is no way I can wear this. A little red bikini and white skirt; that’s it.


“I can’t.” I state firmly holding the clothing back out to her.


“You can and you will.” She smiles. “You will look hot in this.”


“I don’t wanna look hot.” I whine tossing my body back onto her bed.


“But Justin will want you to.” I sit up quickly when she says that. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Liz lets out a loud laugh and comes to sit beside me. “Don’t play dumb with me El. I saw the way you were looking at each other at the ice cream shop. You have a crush.”


I let out a whimper and lower head to my hands. My face feels like it’s on fire. I can’t believe I was so obvious. I straighten up and turn to Liz mirroring the same smile I see on her face. “Give me the suit.”


~*~*~*~


Elli’s coming over tonight. I’m a little surprised she is, but Liz convinced her to come. It was actually Trace who invited them to come to our beach party. I wasn’t going to just because I can’t picture Elli at a party and enjoying herself with all of my friends there. I’m glad he invited her though.


Speaking of Elli, where the hell is she? I’ve been scanning the crowd since, well, a crowd started to form and have yet to see her. Maybe she came and saw that the party list was a bit larger than I told her it would be and she chickened out.
But I doubt Liz would have let her leave.


“Looking for someone in particular?” Trace snickers handing me some tropical drink. He’s such an ass sometimes. He knows exactly who I’m looking for.


“Nope, just lookin’.” I answer nonchalantly.


“Oh, well then I guess you won’t care that I just spotted Elli and Liz.” I turn to face him with an anxious look on my face. I hate it when he plays these f**king childish games. “I’m gonna go mingle.”


I grab Trace by the back of his shirt and pull him back to me. He laughs in my face while pointing over his shoulder to two young women standing on the dock. I squint my eyes to try to make them out better. Okay, I see Liz but the girl next to her couldn’t possibly be Elli. There’s just no way. Elli would never leave her house in somthing like that. Her mother would never allow it. I don't think she even owns somthing like that.


“She looks hot huh?” Trace laughs. I slug him in the shoulder and make my way towards her so I get an up close look at her.


~*~*~


I have never seen so many half naked people in my entire life. Speaking of half naked, I’m wearing the clothes Liz gave me. She told me I would fit in better in this but instead I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. I’m extremely uncomfortable and despite the warm weather I’m shivering. I want to leave. I want to go home and put on some sweats.


I am not a party person.


As I turn to make my way back to Liz’s car she grabs hold of the strings holding up the halter bikini top. I gag as the top half of my body falls backwards while me feet try to continue their journey forward. It wouldn’t be a party without me making a fool of myself and falling over now would it?


Ouch; my poor bruised butt. I glare up at Liz from my seat on the hard ground. I hope no one saw that. “What did you do that for?” I’m sure she would have offered one of her famous smart remarks but her laughter was obstructing her from forming coherent sentences.


I close my eyes and take a few calming breaths. I jump when I open my eyes and Justin’s smiling face is so close to mine. Oh, this means he saw my oh-so-graceful fall; wonderful.


“Are you okay?” He asks extending his hand to me.


“My prides a little sore but I’m okay.” His laugh sends shivers down my spine as well as his touch as he pulls me off the ground.


“If it makes you feel any better I think I’m the only one who saw.”


Not really; you are the one person I wish had not witness that. At least I didn’t trip over my own feet this time. This was completely Liz’s fault. Speaking of Liz….I turn to address her but see she is no where to be found.....grrr...


“You look,” Justin says drawing my attention back to him. “Great.”


I feel even more naked when I see his eyes wandering over my scantily clad body. I shouldn’t have worn this. What was I thinking!? That’s just it; I wasn’t thinking. Why do I listen to Liz? Self-consciously I cover the top half of my body. I’m suddenly very cold. “Thanks.”


“Where are my manners, you want a drink?”


“I don’t drink….I mean I can’t…I mean it’s against the law for me to…I’m good thanks.”


I need to just stop talking all together when I am in the presence of Justin. His laughter puts me at ease and I find myself laughing along with him at my nervous ramblings.


Maybe this won’t be so terrible after all.



TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki