Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 11: JAWS



“You wanna get in the water?” Justin asks while pulling off his t-shirt. I quickly look away before I can get even the tiniest glace. I don’t want to see what an amazing body he has; I’ll only embarrass myself.


“I don’t think so. No…I’m not…I…no thanks.” There I go again with that talking I told you I need to stop doing. Where is Liz? I need her here to help me relax a little. Or maybe she could just find me a sweater or something to put on.


“Oh come on Elli,” He whines. I’m sure he pouting but like I told you, I’m not gonna look at him until he puts his shirt back on. “You’re not gonna make me go in all by myself are you?”


That is exactly what I am going to do. I know what swimming leads to. In the movies it always starts with the guy asking the girl if she wants to take a dip to cool off and the next thing you know they’re making out. I’m just not prepared for something of that magnitude.


Okay so that would never actually happen especially with all of these people here but guys like to play around in the water. You know like dunk you and stuff and I honestly don’t think I can handle having a shirtless, wet Justin touching me right now. “There are plenty of people out there already. You won’t be alone.”


“I’m not going to leave you here all by yourself with all of these strange guys who will hit on you the moment I leave your sight.” I glance around me and take notice of all the ‘strange guys’ Justin was talking about. They are staring at me. Ugh…I feel disgusting. Unconsciously I shift closer to Justin. They better stay away from me. “I won’t be gone that long though. I’m sure you can fend for yourself.”


I finally turn my head to Justin who is starting to walk away with a huge grin on this face. This is like one of those National Geographic shows where the baby animal is left alone and then the big mean animals swoop in for the kill. I feel like a piece of bait.


~*~*~


It took her a grand total of about three seconds before she came running after me. She had a look of pure terror on her face. I did feel kind of bad at first for setting her up like that but I want to see what’s under that skirt. That sounded really perverted didn’t it? I meant that I just wanted her to get in the water with me. Did that sound perverted too?


So anyway, I’m about waist deep in the salty water and she’s still standing on the shore covering herself as best she can. What possessed her to wear that suit? She’s obviously not comfortable in it; she does look mad hot though. One word comes to mind: Liz.


It looks like something Liz would wear. I expected to see Elli in a one piece if she even wore a bathing suit at all. She’s probably never shown so much skin her life.


“Are you scared of the ocean?” I call to her.


“No!” She yells back with pure attitude.


“Then what are you waiting for?” I’m glad it’s not dark yet because if it was I wouldn’t be able to see the frustrated look on her face. I can’t help but laugh. Is she that embarrassed about taking off that little skirt of hers? It’s not like she naked underneath.


Growing impatient, I make my way back to shore and over to her. “What?” She asks shyly not taking her eyes off her bare feet.


“You need some help with that?” I ask, playfully tugging on her skirt. Her eyes widen and a blush creeps to her cheeks. She shakes her head and mumbles that she’s got it under control. I can’t help but smirk when I notice her hands slide to the side to pull down the zipper. With a deep breath the skirt drops to her ankles.


I hope her feet don’t get tangled in the material and she falls over. Can’t you just see her doing something like that? To prevent any possible embarrassment I grab hold of her hand as she steps out of the garment and don’t let go until we get into the water.


~*~*~*~


Oh my gosh. This is not good. I can’t handle this! I can’t handle being around Justin when he’s fully clothed let alone when he’s half naked. I’m just trying to keep my distance in the water. He thinks he being funny by threatening to “get me” but I’m not laughing. If he touches me or heavens forbid picks me up I will faint. You think I’m just overreacting but I’m not. I would literally faint.


I almost fainted when he offered to help me off with my skirt. And then again when he held my hand all the way to the water. I’m pathetic, I know.


“Why are you running from me?” He asks just as I reach the part of the ocean where my feet don’t touch. Did I mention I’m not a very strong swimmer? If I drown you know who to blame; Liz.


“I’m not running.” I answer wading backwards as he continues his advances. I’m swimming away not running.
He laughs and shakes his head. “If you didn’t want to come swimming with me you didn’t have to you know.” I know that. “I’ll leave you alone.”


I watch with a furrowed brow as he begins to swim away slowly. He’s just waiting for me to call him back or go rushing after him. I’m not going to play his game. I’ll be better off by myself. I can relax this way. I can”


“Ahhh!” I scream when I feel two strong arms wrap around me and toss me into the air. I come up out of the water coughing and spitting nasty seawater out of my mouth. That was so not cool. I swing around to see Justin’s smiling face as he laughs it up. Oh he won’t be laughing when I’m through with him.


“That was not funny.” I say pointing at him with the meanest glare I can manage. It’s really hard to be mad at someone who looks so good. That’s really frustrating you know. I bet he got away with a lot of crap when he is younger. His poor mother; although she’s probably immune to his cuteness by now. All he has to do with me is…well look at me and I’m puddy in his hands.


Hey”where did he go? I look around in panic mode. I bite my lip before taking off towards the shore. Oh, I feel like a victim in the movie Jaws. I can just hear the duh-duh-duh music in my head that the play right before Jaws atta--….Ah! My leg! He’s got my leg. I try to kick him away but it’s no use. Eventually I just give up and let him pull me to him. He slides one hand under my knees and the other around my back holding me out of the water.


I close my eyes tightly and plug my nose with the hand that’s not wrapped around his neck to prepare myself. After a few moments I open one of my eyes.

I don’t think he’s gonna do it.


Just as I unplug my nose and let out a relieved sigh guess what he does.


He dunks me!


See now I was mad the first time he did it but this time was like ten million times worse because he made me think he wasn’t gonna do and then he did. Oh I’m pissed off now.


Instead of coming back to the surface sputtering and coughing I hold my breath as long as I can and stay under. Ha! I got him this time. Okay I can’t stay under any longer; I’ve never been good at holding my breath for long periods of time. I jump up out of the water gasping for air. He’s just standing there looking at his watch. I didn’t stay under long enough.


“Nice try Elli.” He smirks.


I narrow my eyes at him although I’m smiling abnormally wide. “You stink.”


“You stink.” He mocks childishly, moving closer to me.


“You.”


“You.”


“You!”


“You!”


“Stop it!” I laugh loudly, slouching him with water.


“Oh you did not girlfriend!” He says snapping his fingers in a dramatic way. Justin is too much. He’s hilarious.


“Oh yes I did.” I yell back splashing him again.


“You’re asking for it girly.” He yells about to leap for me when someone calls his name. We both freeze and look in the direction of the girl waving at him. Oh God, she’s gorgeous; at least she is from this distance. I can make out the long golden locks and the thin, fit body and that’s enough to make me feel like and ugly cow.


I look back to Justin but find he’s making is way to this bombshell. Not really knowing what to do but knowing I don’t want to be left alone in the huge ocean with the sun starting to set I follow him.


Once out of the water I find myself desperately searching for something to cover my body with. I can’t even find the skirt I had earlier. Oh Liz where are you when I need you!


“Elli,” Justin turns to me and motions for me to come meet this woman. I walk literally as slowly as I can, dreading this meeting. I just know this is his girlfriend. I mean how could he not have a girlfriend? “This is Allison, Al,” A nickname, how wonderful, “this is Elli. Her friend won that ‘win a date with Nsync thing I told you about.”


I didn’t realize that was part of my title.


“Hi Elli,” Allison smiles down at me; she’s like three inches taller than me and look like a super model. “How old are you? Fourteen, fifteen?”


Oh”my”gosh….


“Seventeen.” I smile just as sweetly. “And you? Thirty-nine, forty?”


She scoffs and tosses her perfectly straight blond locks over her shoulder. I can’t believe I just said that to her. Where did this sudden confidence come from? And talk about jealously….pssh….I got that down pat. You would think Justin and I were dating from the way I’m behaving. I can’t believe myself.


Allison turns to Justin after throwing me a warning glance. Oohh, I’m shaking in my flip-flops. “So is this date thing tonight or what?”


“It was a couple of weeks ago.” Justin answers looking back and forth between us. “I bumped into Elli and her friend earlier today and invited them.”


“You always have been good to your fans.” She says with that same ridiculous smile she been wearing since I got close enough to see her flawless face. Ugh and Justin is so falling for her ‘I’m so sexy’ attitude. That just makes me want to hurl. But he is a guy after all and she’s got huge boobs; fake I’m sure. “Don’t you have like a t-shirt you could put on?” She asks snidely looking me up and down with her lip curled in disgust.


And with just one simple comment and a judgmental look that confidence I had built up is shattered.



TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki