Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 15: She’s a Nice Girl



(Justin’s POV)


“So what’s up with you and this Elli girl?” Trace asks out of no where. I look away from the road at him as I approach a red light.


“What do you mean?”


“You like her?” He clarifies, sipping at his coffee drink.


I clear my throat uncomfortably and lick my lips nervously. What do I say here? I could be honest and tell him that I am slightly attracted to Elli or I could just tell him that I enjoy her companionship and she’s….nice. So basically my only option is to lie.


“She’s nice.” I reply evasively. When the signal changes to green I press my foot to the gas, weaving my way in and out of traffic since I’m already almost an hour late. ‘She’s nice’”that was a great cover Justin.


“Dude you’re such a punk.” He laughs socking me in the arm. “Its f**king obvious you want a piece of her.” I scoff. I do not want a piece of her! I just”she’s a”we”she…uh…she’s a nice girl. “I don’t really get it though. I mean she’s not even your type.”


“My type? I don’t have a ‘type.’ What’s my type?”


“Thin with big tits, a round ass, and not brain.” He answers as if it’s etched into his memory. That is so not my type. I’m not that superficial.


Am I?


I mean sure I dated my fair share of blonde bimbos that may have fit the oh-so-elegant description depicted by Trace, but they weren’t all like that.


Were they?


There was…..no she was kinda ditzy. But what about”no she was too. Oh God I am that superficial. Why hasn’t anyone pointed this out to me before now? I would have like to know this so I could have tired to change. But can I really help it if that’s who I’m attracted to? And Brittney didn’t totally fit “my type.” She didn’t have a “round ass.”


“I can’t believe you never told me this man.” I sigh as I put the car in park and unbuckle my seat belt. “So you never like any of my girlfriends did you?”


“That’s not true.” He shrugs. “Brittney was okay until the whole cheating thing. Although she was kinda clingy and annoying at times, but she could be fun too.”


I can’t f**king believe this.


~*~*~*~*~


(Elli’s POV)


I’m waiting for Justin to show up. After he dropped me off at home he told me that he would be by to pick my up around 1:30 for lunch. Its 1:47 and he’s late. One would think he would have called by now to let me know he wasn’t going to be on time.


I see his infamous black escalade pull up my driveway. Dang that’s a nice car. Grabbing my purse I quickly exit my house, locking the door behind me and”I stop suddenly when the driver gets out of the car.


“Hey Elli.” Trace greets with a crooked grin.


“What are you doing here?” I ask, squinting my eyes to try to make out any other possible figures that may or may not be sitting in the car waiting for me. Darn those tinted windows, I can’t see a thing.


“Uh”” He stutters, taking a few steps towards me. “Justin is still recording and he doesn’t know when he’ll get a break so he won’t be able to have lunch with you today.”


“Oh.” I state lamely. I have such a way with words don’t I?


“He really wanted to. He just can’t get away right now.” He adds as though that will make me feel any better. I’ve been stood up. That doesn’t feel too good.


“Why did you drive all the way out here to tell me this? Justin has my number.”


“Oh well I figured that you would still be hungry and so am I so we could go get something.” Is he asking me out? “You know just a friendly lunch. If you’re going to be hangin around Justin a lot we better get to know each other a little right?”


~*~*~*~


(Trace’s POV)


I can see what Justin sees in Elli. Not that he’ll actually admit he sees anything beyond friendship and her being a “nice girl.” He’s definitely in denial.


But back to my point….Elli is….she’s a….a nice girl; once she gets over her shyness of course. I don’t really know what it is about her but she has this sort of”not to sound like a woman”aura about her. She’s funny too. And we just, I don’t know, hit off well I guess. It’s nice to see Justin with a girl (not that they’re together) who actually has a brain. I actually engaged in intelligent conversation with her and I don’t think she giggled once. I cannot tell you how refreshing that is.


I took Elli to this little sandwich shop not to far from the studio just in case Justin got a break so he could stop over. At first things were a bit awkward and stiff considering I haven’t really ever said more than a simple greeting to her. So I just asked her a few questions about school and eventually we were talking like, well, how friends talk.


I also know for a fact that Elli has a crush on Justin. I mean I assumed before but now I know with out a doubt. Every time I mentioned his name she either snapped to attention or blushed like I’ve never seen. Oh they’ve got it bad for each other. And I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not. Sure Elli is a nice girl and all but there is the age factor”not that that is really a huge problem. She’ll be eighteen in a year and then we won’t have to worry about any possible jail time. I’m more worried about Justin corrupting the poor thing.


Don’t tell Justin I’m saying any of this to you.


Now don’t get me wrong, Justin is my best friend and one of the greatest guys I know and I wouldn’t hesitate to pound in the face of anyone who said a negative note about him. Elli is just so pure and innocent. From what I can gage she doesn’t swear, smoke, drink, do drugs or anything remotely bad. Justin swears like a truck driver at times and drinks and has been know to light up a few times (with me). I would just worry about the influence he would have on her.


Maybe I’m getting a little too Dr. Phil here. I don’t know. I just know that I like her and if Justin ever acts on the feelings I know he has I’ll be behind him one hundred and ten percent. And I haven’t always been so supportive. Like when he was dating Brittney. Damn I couldn’t stand that girl. She was so clingy; it was ridiculous. Ugh, but lets not open that can of worms.


“How was lunch? Was Elli mad I couldn’t go?” Justin asks in a rush plopping down in the chair next to me. How nice of him to say hello.


“It was fine and she wasn’t mad.” I answer vaguely knowing
very well it’ll piss him off. What are friends for right?


“And?” He presses with an anxious look on his face.


“Are you done recording for today?” He nods rapidly motioning his hands for me to answer his question. I give him a questioning look as if I have no idea what he’s talking about. He’s getting ready to punch me. Hee, hee, I can see it on his face.


“Stop being an f**king asshole and answer my damn question.” See what I meant about his mouth?


“I already told you, lunch was nice.” I shrug, “I like Elli a lot. We really hit it off.” Now watch, he’s going to blow his top.


“What the f**k does that mean? You hit it off?” He asks in a biting tone. Told ya; how well do I know him? “What did you ask her out or something?”


“Shut the f**k up man. I didn’t mean it like that and you know it.” Could he be any more obvious? He’s acting like a jealous fool. You should see him right now all red in the face and fists clenched ready to punch my face in. Maybe I should play with him a bit. I smile evilly to myself as a plan concocts in my head. If I pretend to like Elli and maybe even get her to go out with me a few times then he’ll be forced to admit his feelings and steel her away from me. Now Elli would never go for that but she can just be under the assumption that our “dates” would be just as friends.


Brilliant!


Naw, that’s stupid.


“Dude why don’t you ask her out?”


He wrinkles his face in confusion and stands from the couch to begin pacing the room. Damn this girl has got him whipped and neither of them knows it. “Ask her out?”


“Yeah. Like go up to her and say ‘would you like to go out with me sometime?’ It’s really not all that difficult.”


He opens that big mouth of his and closes it a few times before he manages to come up with coherent words. “I can’t do that!”


“Why the hell not? You obviously like her.”


“I already told you I don’t like her like that.” He whines with that pathetic pout that all of the female race finds so adorable for some reason. “She’s just a…”


“Nice girl.” I finish dryly.


“Yeah, a nice girl.”


TBC....(Thanks to all ya'll who have been reviewing and sorry if this chapter was a bit boring)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki