Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 17: The Phases



Well let me just start off by saying that I’m freakin’ out right now. I’m waiting outside the theater right now and I’m about ten minutes early. I decided on a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt with my hair up in a simple ponytail. That’s not too date like is it? I figured date clothes included a skirt so I made sure not to wear that.


I had to call and tell him to meet me at the movies instead of picking me up because my mom wasn’t leaving until about a half and hour after I needed to. At least now I don’t have to worry about him opening doors for me right? Of course that does mean I will have to walk back home when it’s dark. Or he might offer to give me a ride home and I’ll be put back in the same jam again. I just keep going around in circles don’t I?


“Hey.” He’s here. I turn my attention to him with a shy smile and return his salutations. He looks nice; dressed similarly to me in jeans and a t-shirt. “You look nice.”


“Thanks, so do you.” I answer quietly feeling a deep blush creep up to my cheeks. My face feels like it’s on fire and my jaw hurts from smiling too much. I always smile when I’m nervous or uncomfortable.


“Why don’t I go buy our tickets and you can get in the concessions line?” He offers taking a few steps towards the ticket counter.


“No!” I can’t let him pay for my ticket. Liz said that if he pays it’s a date. He stops mid step and turns around to me with eyes wide in surprise. “You don’t have to pay for me. I brought money.” I assure patting my purse like the dork I naturally am.


“It’s no problem.” Yes it is. “I invited you out so I’ll pay.”


“Trace, is this a date?” I blurt out without thinking.


He seems a little surprised, perhaps at my bluntness or just the question in itself. “Do you want it to be?” I shrug my shoulders in apparent indifference although we all know I really do care. “Why don’t we just see how the night goes?”


~*~*~*~


Alright so I’ve been sitting here for about an hour trying to figure out if I just went on a date or not. Trace did buy my ticket, but I bought my own popcorn. He didn’t hold my hand or even try to for that matter. He did, however, put his arm over the back of my chair about halfway through the movie. His arm never did touch me though so does that really count?


He opened doors for me which Liz said was a no-no for a non-date. He could just be gentlemanly though. Right?


Now there was one part of the evening that is throwing me off and unfortunately causing me to lean more towards the date side. He walked me to the door and he kissed me. On the cheek, but it was still a kiss. We were just standing there and he said, ‘I had a really great time tonight. We should do this again’ and before I even had a chance to respond he leaned in and kissed me. I just stood there in shock. I think my mouth may have even been hanging open. And then he left.


So let me ask you this…..Was it a date or not?


~*~*~*~


Phase one of plan “get Justin to admit his feelings for Elli” is now complete. I took Elli to the movies tonight and Justin should be home to question me any second now. Ha! I can’t wait!


Right after I met up with Elli she asked me if our night out was a date or not. We never really defined it, but I’ll let Justin think it was a date. I probably should make sure Elli knows that I’m not interested in her in that way. I don’t want to lead the girl on. I mean what if she actually started to like me? My plan would totally back fire on me. I think she’s too sprung on Justin for that to happen anyway.


So anyway, back to our ‘date.’ I actually had a great time. Like I said before Elli’s a great girl and we have a lot of fun together. Once she loosens up she’s a riot. If you were meeting her for the first time you would think she would bore you to death because she’s so incredibly shy, but she’s actually quite the opposite. She does blush like mad and smile a lot when she’s nervous which was like the whole first half of the night. Her cheeks must have been killing her.


Speaking of cheeks, I kissed her. It was just on the cheek. You see now when Justin asks me if I kissed her, which he will, I can say yes and then he’ll flip out. And he definitely will. I’ve known him like my whole life and he has a very short tempter; especially with me.


“Hey, man.” Well speak of the devil. I look away from the magazine I’m pretending to read as he tosses his keys on the table and sits on the chair diagonal to the couch I’m lounging on. “Were you been? I tried to call you like five times and I just kept getting your voice mail.”


Let the fun begin. “I was at the movies.”


“With who?” He asks casually leaning his head back in the chair and closing his eyes. He just got back from the studio and I’m sure he’s exhausted.


“A girl.” I answer evasively.


“Was she hot?” He asks with a small smirk. He’s making this too easy.


“Oh yeah.” Hee, hee.


“What’d she look like?”


I may have to embellish a bit here. “She’s got medium length brown hair with eyes to match. Oh her legs”man they go on for miles and they’re just perfectly shaped and incredible smooth. But her best feature is her ass, mmmm….” Okay so Elli doesn’t really look too much like this but once I tell Justin who I’m talking about he’ll f**king freak. “You know her. I actually met her through you.”


With his interest now peeked, he lifts his head to look in my direction. “Who is it? Lisa? Steph?”


I shake my head, unable to stop the smile from forming on my lips. “Elli.”


“Elli?” He echoes, furrowing his eyebrows as if he can’t figure out who I’m talking about. “My Elli?”


Hear that? his Elli. That is too rich. “Yep, Elli Elizabeth Montgomery.” I sigh wistfully. You should see his f**kin’ face right now. He looks like he just lost his best friend….hey that would be me wouldn’t it. “I haven’t had so much fun with a girl before. She’s a great catch.”


“You went on a date with Elli?” He says, seemingly unable to comprehend what I’m telling him.


“Yeah.”


“You went on a date with my Elli.” Now he’s starting to get angry. His face is all red and his nostrils are flared and fists clenched. This is great! He looks like he’s about ready to pound my face in. He is so jealous. Have you noticed that just about every time I talk to you I mention how Justin looks like he’s about ready to beat my ass?


Strange.


“I don’t know if you can really call her your Elli anymore.” I laugh causing the shade of red coloring his face to deepen considerably. I can’t begin to tell you how much I’m enjoying this. “I’m going out with her again on Friday.”


Okay so that was a complete lie, but he doesn’t have to know that. All I said was that ‘we should do this again sometime.’ She didn’t even answer me.


“You’ve gotta be f**king kidding me!” He shouts. Here we go. “You cannot f**king go out with her!”


“Why the hell not? It’s not like you’re dating her or anything.” I reply in a defensive tone. I should win an f**king academy award for this performance I’m putting on.


“But….she’s…I…I…” Say you like her. “You just can’t.”


I roll my eyes at his reply. “Oh I’ll call and cancel right now.” I say sarcastically.


“Dude, she’s seventeen.” He states with an icy glare.


“Good boy. Now how old am I?”


“F**k you man.” He spits finally standing up and walking towards the stairs. “I’m just trying to look out for you.”


I laugh at his remark. Yeah I’m sure he’s just lookin’ out for me. We all know better and realize he’s just pissed because he’s too much of a pussy to admit that he wants Elli all to himself. “How so?”


He halts his movements and turns back to me. “She’s jailbait.”


“Only if I sleep with her.”


“You’ve been thinking about having sex with her?” He asks his eyes nearly bugging out of his head. This was way too easy.


“Dude, just lay off alright. All I did was kiss her.” See how I threw that in there? You probably thought I forgot didn’t you?


I hear him inhale sharply. If what I said before didn’t work this certainly will. He’s silent for a few moments and I just wait for him to blow. I feel like I’m watching some horror film and that scary music they play right before the bad guy jumps out at ya. I’m on the edge of my seat here; literally.


His gaze finally meets mine and man let me tell you, if looks could kill I would be dead. He’s just glaring at me. I can tell he’s trying to keep his temper under control from the way he’s clutching the banister and breathing all heavy.


“You better watch it man.” He warns and I almost laugh right out loud but some how manage to hold it in. “She’s not like the other girls you go out with. You can’t just screw her and leave. She’s a friend of mine and I don’t want you to see her again.”


Is he even listening to himself? ‘She’s a friend of mine and I don’t want you to see her again.’”My God I’ve never seen him like this over a girl before. It’s really quite humorous.


“If I want to go out with Elli I will. As long as she’s single she’s free territory.”


Phase Two: piss Justin off….complete.


TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki