Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 1: I Win



“I’ll get it.” I yell rushing to the phone and grabbing it before my mother has a chance. “Hello?”


“Elli?”


“Is that you Liz?” She confirms. “Why are you whispering?”


“I’m in my room and I’m not supposed to be on the phone.”


“What did you do now?” Meet Elizabeth James; my best friends since the first grade. She gets in trouble nearly everyday and my mom hates that I hang out with her. I’m always bailing her out or covering for her when her mom calls and asks to speak to her and I haven’t seen her in days. So let’s listen in while she explains what she did now and what she needs me to do.


“Okay so to make a long story short, my mom came home early from work yesterday and found me and Brad….together. So she grounded me and forbade me from seeing Brad again.”


Sometimes I wonder why I’m friends with this girl. “What does this have to do with me Liz?”


“I’m supposed to be going to the Nsync meet and greet this afternoon and I can’t leave the house.” She is not asking me to go this teeny fest for her. “I need you to go for me and get my stuff signed.”


“I don’t think so Liz.”


“Oh come on Elli!” She says her voice rising before lowering back down to a whisper. “I will never get another chance to get all of their autographs. Justin is going solo after this last tour!”


Like I care.


“Even if I agreed to go you know my mom would never let me.”


I hear her sigh. “Just tell her that you’re going to my house or something.”


Oh that’s a great idea. I’ll lie to my mom. Like that would ever work. I am a terrible liar. I always get caught because I’m so obvious. I get my story mixed up in the middle of telling it or I start laughing or stuttering. It just isn’t pretty.


“You know I’m not good at lying at my mom. I’m not like you Liz.”


“Thanks.” She mumbles. Okay that was kind of cold but I’m sick of always coving for her. And she does lie all the time; I was just stating a very well known fact. I don’t know why I’m even fighting this. I know I’ll end up giving in and going to this stupid meet and greet. “Please Ellie.” She wines.



And that was all it took. And here I am. I’m in this tiny little room surrounded by crazy, hormonal teenage girls screaming for Nsync. I feel very out of place. I went over to Liz’s house before I came to pick up the stuff she wanted to get signed. She gave me a poster of all the guys she wanted signed and some story she wrote about Justin. She called it a fanfic or something; I don’t really remember. She gave me a copy to get signed and one for Justin to keep.


I don’t even know which one Justin is. My mom doesn’t allow me to listen to this kind of music. All I can listen too is Christian or Gospel music. Which reminds me, I had to lie to my mom to get here. I never lie because I’m too bad at it. I’m surprised she believed me.


“Hey mom, I’m gonna go over to Liz’s for a while.” That’s not a complete lie. I do have to stop over there real quickly before I go to see this boy band of hers.


“I thought Liz was grounded.” She comments turning away from the cake she’s backing for the church bake sale and looking directly at me. I think I’m sweating. “Her mother called this morning and told me not to have you call her.”


“Oh, that’s right.” I smile awkwardly. “Then I’m just gonna go to the….store.” That was pretty good huh?


“For what?”


Oh no! What am I going for? I can’t take all this interrogation.

“Umm…for a project for school.”


“What class?”


I swallow hard trying unsuccessfully to mask my nervousness. “Uh”gym. Yep,” I nod, “Gym.”


“You have a project in gym class?” She questions skeptically with her hands perched firmly on her petite hips. She knows I’m lying. I am so busted. I just need to keep my cool; just make up a project. Stay strong….


“Okay I don’t have a project.” I’m so weak. “I’m going to a concert…well a meet and greet thing for a band.”


I have an idea.


“A Christian band.” I add rather believably.


“What’s the name of this band?”


“The name of the band?” I echo and she nods going back to her baking. She must be buying this since she isn’t staring me down any more. “It’s called…God’s….Band. They’re new.”


“Alright. Well be careful and have a good time honey.”



Now I am like the worst daughter in the universe. I hate lying.


Owe. These girls are maniacs. They’re pushing and shoving all trying to get to the head of this ridiculously long line. Liz owes me big time for this. Did I mention what she made me wear? An Nsync t-shirt she made. How pathetic is that? Isn’t she a bit old for this boy band worship?


Here they come. The five guys just walked in and are now sitting down. I think I’m gonna go def with all this screaming and crying. Girls are actually crying. Wow you should see this; it’s some sight.


Good thing Liz got me here way earlier than I need to be because I’m towards the head of the line. I can see all of them I just don’t get the appeal. Sure they’re okay looking but nothing really special. I wonder which ones are which. As I’m looking them over curiously as they interact with their fans a huge man tell me that I can go on up and I have like five seconds with each guy.


The first guy sitting on the far edge of the table has blonde kind of spiky hair. He looks quiet and reserved; almost like he doesn’t like all the attention he’s getting. He offers a kind smile and a friendly hello and I do the same handing him the poster I was instructed to get signed.


“Make that out to Liz please.” I ask, forced to yell due to the still screaming fans behind me. When he’s finished I thank him politely and make my way down the table. They were all very nice and some playful; overall nice normal guys.


Last one and I can go. This one has a shaved head and I think just about the biggest smile I have ever seen. I get him to sign the poster for Liz and am about to walk away when I remember her story thing.


“Oh”which on of you is Justin?” I ask the one on the end. He laughs loudly apparently amused by my question. What’s so funny? “Excuse me…”


“Very cute.” He smiles. I walk back over to the table and repeat my question with all seriousness. “You’re wearing a shirt that says ‘Justin is my favorite’ on the back and you don’t know which one of us Justin is?” He says snidely.

By now the other four are listening in on our conversation with what looks like great interest. “Look I’m just here for a friend I’m not even a fan.”


He rolls his blue eyes and grabs the story out of my hand without even knowing what it is. “You want this signed too or something?”


“Are you Justin?” He rolls his eye again and nods. I’m really not liking him very much right now. “Yeah and I have another copy for you to keep too. It’s a uh”what did she call it…”


“A fanfic?” The one I saw sign his name as JC asks.


“That’s it!” I exclaim. I like that one; he’s sweet. Justin thrusts the story back at me and tosses the copy I gave him to the floor to join a stack of others. I thank him and start to leave again when out of the corner of my eye I see him throw Liz’s story in the garbage.


Okay, now I’m not one for confrontation but this guy is really ticking me off. I turn again and march back up to him with a determined look on my face. “Excuse me, but did you just throw that story I gave you away?”


“Your time is up girl.” A burly guard tells me starting to pull me away. That jerk that Liz loves so much is laughing at me with his stupid friends. Bunch of buffoons! If only Liz could see this she never would have asked me to come.


When the guard finally lets me go some woman comes on
stage and tells us that they were going to do the raffle now for the ‘win a date with Nsync’ thing. I looked down at the ticket they gave me when they came in as she reads the numbers.


“Four…..six……nine….one….four.” She repeats the numbers. Wonderful…..


I won.


TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki