Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 21: Early Mornin’ Blues and What Happens When You ASS-U-ME



(Trace’s POV)


Stretching my aching body I turn to my side to gaze at the girl that spent the night at my side. She’s still sleeping soundly, snuggled up to a pillow she is holding against her chest. Her long locks frame her face almost angelically and her cheeks hold a pinkish hue from the cold air blanketing the room. I chuckle lightly when I notice the small whistling sound coming from her nose. She would be so embarrassed if she knew I was watching her like this.


You know she really is cute and if my best friend didn’t want to be with her, I would seriously consider asking her out. I could get a girl like Elli. Now I could never get a girl like Allison. You know the super model type. Of course Allison is a first class bitch so I don’t know if I would really want to get with her anyway. But then again Elli would never go out with me either because she’s head over heels for Justin.


The shuffling of the covers breaks me from my thoughts. Elli slowing opens her eyes and lets out a small shriek, jumping back and, unfortunately, her feet flip up in the air over her head and she tumbles off the bed. Needless to say she seems to be a little shocked to see me. I jump to the opposite side of the bed, leaning over to make sure she’s alright. She’s lying on her back with her knees bent and feet on the floor.


“Are you okay?” I ask worriedly, fearing something is wrong when she doesn’t move. Her laughter suddenly floods to my ears and I know she’s alright. Her ego may be bruised but nothing else appears to be.


Gripping the side of the mattress she lifts herself up and to the edge of the bed. “I’m okay.” She assures squinting as she looks into the sun streaming in through the balcony door windows. Her eyes widen and she looks at me in a state of panic. “Oh no! I spent the night here? My mom is gonna kill me!”


“No it’s fine.” I reply calmly. She looks at me questioningly. “I called your house last night after you fell asleep and Steve said it was fine that you stayed over.”


“Steve?” She echoes.


“Oh”uh”” I stutter. I mentally slap myself; wrong thing to say jackass. “I”uh”I mean your mom said it was okay since Steve met me?” I try to cover but it comes out more as a question so it wasn’t very convincing.


“So now it’s up to Steve whether or not I can say out?” She asks more to herself, anger taking over her emotions now. She gasps softly placing her hand over her gaping mouth. “I’ll bet he stayed the night….and stayed in my mother’s bed….and they probably”” She stops abruptly looking up at me with watery eyes. “They just wanted me out of the house didn’t they?”


“Ell, I’m sure it wasn’t like that. Maybe she just trusts you?” I suggest with a shrug of my shoulders.


“I doubt it but, I hope your right.” She pouts cutely.


“Hey,” I start cheerily, “let’s head downstairs for breakfast. We can bother Justin since I’m sure he’s got one hell of a headache.”


(Justin’s POV)


I f**ked Allison last night.


Yes this is the same Allison that was such a bitch to Elli. I don’t even remember how it happened. I remember making out with her and eventually fooling around in the guest room but after that everything gets a bit foggy.


I roll my head to the left, my eyes falling over Allison’s sleeping form. She really is beautiful. I’ve always been attracted to her. I mean she looks like an f**king super model. Her lips are perfectly shaped and pouty pink. And, oh God, her body, she has the most un-f**king-believable body. If she could just refrain from talking I think I would really like her. I do like her when it’s one on one or we’re haggin’ with some of our close friends. It’s just when she’s around other women who she considers a threat that she turns into the ice queen and I question our friendship.


I need to stop thinking and get some aspirin. I gently turn back the sheets covering my nude body. Making sure not to wake sleeping beauty I crawl out of bed and slip my boxers on before making my way to the kitchen.


I brush past Trace who has his head in the refrigerator and head straight for the medicine cabinet.


“Mornin’ sunshine.” Trace greets way too happily. I grunt still trying to get the top off the Tylenol. I hate these damn childproof lids! “Want something to eat? I can make you some extra runny eggs so the whites are still kinda soupy and extra greasy, fatty bacon and””


“Shut the f**k up.” I mumble, glaring at him through thin slits. He’s such an ass. He’s just trying to make me suffer. Ugh, I feel like I’m gonna heave.


“Touchy, touchy.” He smirks slamming a few cupboard doors to piss me off further. I press my palms into either side of my head trying to control the throbbing that Trace has only make worse. Seriously, why am I friends with him? “I’m just going to go enjoy my cereal now. It should be nice and soggy by now.”


I barely make it to the trash can before I lose my…well I haven’t really had anything to eat yet but if I had it would be in this trash can. Thank you Trace. I cough a few times, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. Damn that leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. After sticking my mouth under the faucet and rinsing my mouth I sit at the opposite end of the table as my good buddy over there with my head resting on my crossed arms.


“How rude of you Justin,” Trace’s annoying voice says, “To ignore our house guest like that. For shame, what would Lynn say?”


I lift my head expecting to see Allison saunter into the kitchen. To my surprise Elli is sitting next to Trace, her head bent over a bowl of cereal. Her hair is thrown up in a messy ponytail and she’s wearing gray sweats. Despite the pain I’m currently in I notice how cute she looks in such a natural state”wait….did she sleep here? Did she sleep here with Trace? What the f**k!? If he so much as laid on hand on her I’ll kill him. I’ll kill him with my bare hands.


“Hey Elli? Can I ask you something?” Trace asks.


She looks up at him and replies, “Yeah?”


“Will you please…..dance with me?” He finishes before both him and Elli burst into laughter. Awe hell no! He did not show her that movie.


My headache just multiplied.


(Elli’s POV)


Have you ever seen Model Behavior? If you haven’t I suggest you do. It’s terrible but extremely funny. I can’t believe Justin ever agreed to do that movie. I’ve never seen something so cheesy. And just like Trace promised, it really did cheer me up. It at least got my mind off my problems.


“I can’t believe you showed her the movie.” Justin mumbles through his hands that are now covering his face in embarrassment. It’s nice to see that he’s the one who’s blushing for once.


“She had a rough night and needed some cheering up.”
Justin turns is full attention to me, leaning across the table to place a hand on my arm. “Why, what happened?”


“It was nothing. I’m fine now.” I answer hoping he’ll just drop it and Trace will keep his mouth closed about my admittance last night. The last thing I need is to have Justin know of my school girl crush.


“I suppose Trace fixed everything last night.” He snaps rather harshly, pulling his hand back. What exactly is he implying with that snippy tone of his? “Did he fix it again when you two got out of bed this morning?” He asks drawing imaginary quotes around the words “fix it” with his fingers.


Feeling my blood start to boil in anger I clench my jaw and lower my head it what probably appears to him to be a guilty gesture. I can’t believe he’s being so mean. He doesn’t even know the whole story as to why I even came here last night let alone why I stayed. I mean I came looking for him not Trace. He was just too busy sticking is tongue down Allison’s throat to notice.


“Dude, just lay off alright.” Trace defends. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re just making an ass out of yourself.”


Justin scoffs in offense mumbling something under his breath I can’t quite catch, but I’m sure I don’t really want to hear.


“I should get going.” I announce quietly, looking shyly up at Trace and trying to ignore the death glare Justin is giving us.


“Oh don’t leave on my account,” Justin starts, a defined bitterness lacing his voice, “Trace why don’t you take her upstairs for one more f**k before she goes?”


My eyes widen unnaturally large upon hearing his beyond harsh words. My breathing slowly begins to quicken until I’m nearly hyperventilating and my heart feels like it’s going to beat right out of my chest. The pain in his words reaches all the way to my toes and before I know it I’m running out of the kitchen with tears streaming down my cheeks and a deep ache in my heart.


TBC......


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki