Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 28: Deadly Backfire



Well this is awkward. Now there are like three other times that I can remember either being kissed or almost kissed by Justin, but all of these times were sort of if-y as to if I was just imagining it or if it really did happen. But this time I am positively positive he was about to kiss me. I mean a real kiss, not the thing he did the other day when I stopped by. If that girl hadn’t come out of the stall who knows what would have happened. For all I know we could have been making out. I certainly know that if he initiated something like that I would not have been able to stop him no mater how loud my brain would be screaming at me to. So I can’t really decide if that interruption was welcome or not.


I could tell Justin was frustrated, but he could have just been frustrated because he didn’t want to deal with any fans. He handled himself very well though. He just smiled politely and signed her…..toilet paper. All I have to say about that is: GROSS. She’ll probably frame it and hang it on her bedroom wall. Who knows maybe she has a bunch of other squares of toilet paper with celebrity autographs and this is just adding to her bizarre collection. Sadly, that would not surprise me. Abby”that was the girl’s name”asked Justin if I was his girlfriend. I almost blurted out, “I wish.” I managed to contain myself. He just laughed and shook his head no, saying that he was dating his album right now. That’s true.
So he signed her toilet paper and she left us alone again.


So I’m just sitting there, still in my soaking wet dress, staring at my hands. What was I supposed to do? Say,“Now where were we?” and throw myself on him? That thought did cross my mind but again I refrained. We basically laughed off the encounter with Abby and left to go tell Trace and Elisha we were ready to leave. The two of them were sitting at the table not speaking a word nor even looking at each other. I was really confused but I didn’t ask any questions. I just wanted to leave.


This brings us back to the present. You know how Justin said we were going to go back to his place to pig-out on junk food and watch a movie? And how I said I didn’t want Elisha to come with us? And he said that was fine and it would just be the two of us? Well, Elisha is sitting in the chair next to the couch Justin, Trace, and I are on. They wanted to join us and we are too nice of people to say no. I would be fine with this if Elisha weren’t here or would at least stop glaring at me. I don’t mind Trace; he’s actually making things more comfortable for me since me and Justin’s near kiss. It’s probably better we weren’t left alone because then we would have had to talk about it. I don’t know what I would say; I probably wouldn’t say anything.


Agh! I can’t take this girl staring at me any longer! She’s freaking me out! I don’t know what I did to deserve this kind of punishment. You know, besides ruining dinner. Speaking of my little accident, I’ve now changed out of my wet clothes and Justin was kind enough to let me borrow some of his. Now let me remind you that I’m all of about 5’5 with shoes on and he has to be at least 6 feet tall if not taller. So as you can imagine, I’m swimming in his baggy t-shirt that nearly falls to my knees and his gray sweat pants hang way past my toes. I probably look like a frumpy….a frumpy…. I don’t know but I probably look really frumpy. And my hair just pulled back in a messy ponytail now instead of the bouncy curls I had been sporting earlier in the evening. I just feel really ugly right now, but very comfortable. And his clothes smell like him (obviously). His scent is almost overwhelming, but in a good way. I catch myself curling my legs to my chest and resting my head on my knees just so I can get a really good whiff of him”that sounded really weird didn’t it?


A sharp elbow in my side jabs me from my thoughts. I lean against the arm rest of the couch and turn to look at Trace giving him a questioning stare. Was the violence really necessary to get my attention? What’s wrong with just calling out my name or tapping me lightly on the shoulder? Trace must not realize how sharp his elbows are.


“Jay wants the popcorn,” He whispers, not for a second tarring his eyes away from the movie that I have yet to really look at. We’re watching Scream, or at least they are. I do not like scary movies; I just don’t understand the thrill in being scared. I like to feel safe when I go to bed and not have to hide under my blankets for fear I’ll be hacked to death in my sleep. I can really see where this movie gets its name”all they do is scream. “El, popcorn,” Trace whispers again.


If Justin wants the popcorn so badly why doesn’t he just ask me for it or get up and get it himself. It’s not like it would be that difficult considering he is just on the other side of Trace. I roll my eyes and pick the dish of buttery goodness up off the side table and thrust it at Trace, knocking some onto the floor in the process. What else could I possibly spill tonight? Trace is too busy covering his eyes with his hands and peeking through his fingers to notice me so I reach behind him and knock Justin in the shoulder with the edge of the bowl.


Distractedly, he reaches over and grabs and handful before shoving it in his mouth. What does he think I’m his personal popcorn holder? As he reaches for another handful I pull the bowl away and back to my lap. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him still moving his hand around as if he just missed the bowl. A tiny giggle escapes me that I quickly extinguish by filling my mouth full of popcorn.


“What are you laughing about?” Trace whispers, “That girl is about to get killed.”


“I’m sorry,” I apologize, unsuccessfully trying to suppress my giggles. If you’ve ever had the giggles before, which I’m sure you have, trying to stop only makes it worse. Pretty soon my innocent giggles have morphed into full out laughing”I don’t even know why I’m laughing.


Through my squinted and watery eyes I see Trace turn to me with an amused smile and I know in just a matter of minutes he’ll be laughing right along with me. “What are you laughing at?” He asks already starting to laugh too.


I drop the popcorn bowl, allowing it to spill all over the floor, and clutch my stomach in pain. I can’t stop laughing and it hurts. Trace literally falls over on me he’s laughing so hard.


“Why don’t you two get an f**king room already?” I stop laughing immediately as does Trace. We both sit up and watch with lax jaws at her retreating figure. Trace jumps up and follows Elisha, leaving me alone with Justin and my confusion.


“What was that all about?” I ask quietly, trying to catch my breath as I pick at my pants.


“Elisha is Trace’s ex and she’s just jealous of you two.” Justin explains as he begins to pick up the mess I made. “She still wants to be with him but is too stubborn to admit it.”


Why would she be jealous of me though? It’s not like I’m with Trace or anything. But this does explain all the evil glaring I’ve been receiving. Why wouldn’t they tell me this before? Ugh, guys can be so stupid.


“Sorry about….that.” I say lamely, watching his back as he crawls on his hands and knees. I should probably help him to clean that up but I’m scared. What if we have another moment like in the bathroom earlier?


“Don’t worry about.” He chuckles, sitting back on his knees to look up at me. “What were you laughing at?”


I shrug my shoulders and don’t realize how big I’m smiling until my cheeks start to ache. As hard as I try, my smile won’t falter. I don’t know what’s gotten into me tonight. I push at my cheeks with my hands tying to relieve some pressure, but Justin starts laughing at me which only makes matters worse. He has to be thinking that I’m the biggest dork in the world; that’s what I’m thinking. Shaking my giggles away I decided to help him clean up. No sooner than my feet hit the plush carpet they leave it. I step on one of my pant legs sending myself sailing forward toward the coffee table. I close my eyes waiting for the blow but am caught in mid air.


“You okay?” Justin asked as he holds me up. I let out a shaky breath and steady myself so I am able to stand on my own. I nod my head telling him that I’m fine. “I think its best you stay off your feet,” He cracks with a sarcastic smile.


Oh so now he’s a comedian huh? I narrow my eyes at him in pretend offense, but my blush and shy smile are selling me out. Again with the blushing…geesh; it never quits. I lower my head to hide my face and realize he’s still holding me at my elbows. Oh no, I know that if I look up at him right now it’s going to be another one of those awkward moments like in the bathroom. I know this but does it stop me….of course not.


Fortunately, before any sparks can fly we are interrupted by the sound of Elisha screaming at Trace. We pull apart and turn towards Elisha who is flying towards us at record speed with Trace following on her heels.


“Keep him the hell away from me!” She screams at Justin while pointing at Trace. And Justin thinks she still loves Trace? I’m not so sure about that.


“I don’t know why you’re getting so pissed off!” He yells back. I have never seen Trace like this before. He’s always been the calm and understanding one. This is kinda scary. “You were the one acting like a bitch to Elli no God damn reason. She didn’t do anything to you!”


“Why don’t you just go take you’re new girlfriend upstairs and f**k her already!” My eyes widen automatically. What is up with people thinking me and Trace are….you know? Is it wrong to be friends with someone of the opposite sex? I mean what have we ever done to have these accusations spewed at us not once, but twice?


“That is enough!” Justin booms, taking a step away from Elisha to stand in front of me in a protective manor. I move closer to him, clutching the tail of his t-shirt. I hate being the center of attention, especially when I’m the cause of conflict. “Elli has done nothing wrong here so you can stop taking your frustrations with each other out on her.”


Thank you!


“Don’t get all high and mighty on me Justin Timberlake,” Elisha scolds, “You’re the one who put the idea of her and Trace f**king in my head.”


What is she talking about? I release my hold on Justin’s shirt and take a step backwards without falling”shocking, I know.


“Elisha”” Justin warns through clenched teeth.


“No, I think your precious can’t-do-no-wrong Elli should hear this,” She interrupts him, focusing her attention on me now. “The reason we went out to dinner tonight was because Justin wanted to know if Trace was f**king you or not. He thought I would be able to get it out of you.”


“That not what I said and you f**king know it!” He yells back in defense. I don’t even want to hear it.


This isn’t happening….not again. We just got over this. I thought he was sorry for accusing us of…I just….this really sucks! The drama just never ends with him. I can’t be around these people. I’m really starting to wonder why I even bothered to in the first place. Hiking up my pants so I won’t trip again, I run out of the living room and upstairs to the first bedroom I can find before throwing myself on the bed and starting to cry….again.



TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki