Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 33: And Then There Were Two



“Are you nervous?” Elisha asks just as we reach the front door of Justin and Trace’s Spanish style mansion.


“Very,” I swallow honestly. I have never been so nervous about anything in my entire life. Not even in the fourth grade when I made my first stage debut in the play Cinderella in which I played a pumpkin and nearly tossed my cookies before I went on stage. Then I didn’t even have to talk.


“You’ll be fine.” She assures, patting my back comfortingly as she opens the front door and starts inside. “Just be yourself.”


The first thing that hits me as we enter the impeccably clean house is the incredible smell of food. I sniff, probably looking much like a dog with my nose stuck up in the air. I can’t tell what that is but it smells amazingly good. I stop and look down at my stomach when it makes a loud grumbling noise. My stomach sure likes what is smells. Elisha turns to me with a giggle, letting me know she heard it too. She grabs my hand and hurriedly pulls me towards the aroma.


I can barely keep up in the little heels she picked out for me to wear. Someone who is as big of a klutz as I am should not wear shoes like this”no mater how cute they might be. We reach the kitchen only to find it empty and looking like no one has been in it all day. She pulls me farther through the house to parts I’ve never ventured into before. She doesn’t really give me time to look around though so I don’t really know what I’ve been missing.


Eventually I’m able to tell that we’re heading toward the back of the house to where I assume is a patio and Justin. The closer we get the better and stronger the smell gets and we are able to make out the faint sound of music. It sounds like Bon Jovi but I’m not close enough to tell yet.


Elisha stops suddenly just as we get outside to the patio and I ram right into the back of her nearly sending the both of us tumbling to the ground. She spins around with her index finger pressed to her lips. I turn my attention from her to look around the patio area. It’s really beautiful out here. There’s a huge pool and flowers and other greenery everywhere, a big white porch swing and other chairs and a table. It isn’t until my eyes finally land on Justin that I see what Elisha is currently laughing about. He looks too adorable for words. He’s wearing a “Kiss the Cook” apron and shimming his hips and singing along to Bon Jovi’s ‘You Give Love a Bad Name’ as he flips whatever is on the grill. Trace is across the way, lighting some white scented candles and setting the table and acting much like Justin.


“Shot through the heart
And you’re to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name
You give love a bad name”



I continue to giggle at the pair as they yell the last part of chorus as loudly as they can through their own laughter. Elisha steps from me and over to Trace. She grabs his hand, startling him. He stops his movements for only a split second before stepping back from the table and dancing with Elisha who is now singing along as well.


“Paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips
A school boy’s dream, you act so shy
Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye”



It’s nice to see Trace and Elisha getting along like this. I know how Elisha feels for Trace and I was beginning to wonder if Trace liked her back at all. But you can tell from the way they’re dancing, in their own little world, that Trace returns her feelings. They really do make a good looking couple.


“You’re a loaded gun
There’s nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done”



Tearing my eyes from what I hope is the soon-to-be couple I look back at Justin. He’s stopped singing and is just staring at me. I look at him strangely, trying to figure out just what is going through that head of his. Suddenly his head starts bobbing and he starts shimming my way, mouthing the words to the song the whole time. I take a step back”I don’t dance, well unless I’m alone and there is no chance of being laughed at our made fun of. His head falls back in laughter at my scared expression I’m sure. I can’t help but smile at the sound of his laugher. That’s when he gets me”when I’m laughing at him he’s able to reach me and pull me towards him.


“Shot through the heart
And you’re to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name
You give love a bad name”



He holds my hands in his as he wiggles his hips to the beat. I make no move to dance myself, so he just continues to swing are hands between us. Eventually I become brave enough to sing along with him.


What can I say”I’m a sucker for Bon Jovi.


~*~*~*~


You should see Elli right now. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her looking more beautiful. She’s laughing and smiling and actually singing along with me to Bon Jovi. I didn’t think she would even know who he is. And I can tell Elisha got a hold of her before she came over. Her hair is straightened but curled under just enough on the ends and I can tell she’s wearing makeup but it’s really light”not like the last time Liz gave her makeover for my beach party. Her outfit is perfect, her hair is perfect, her makeup is perfect, she just look perfect.


“How do you know Bon Jovi?” I ask once the music stops, having reached the final song on my CD.


“My Mom is obsessed with him.” She giggles cutely. “She thinks he’s really hot.”


I nod, physically unable to remove the smile from my face.


“That’s why Jay listens to him too.” Trace cracks as he and Elisha sit on the porch swing.


“Ha, ha,” I laugh sarcastically, punching him in the shoulder. “Real funny man.”


“I thought so,” He cackles, pushing his feet against the tile floor to get the swing he and Elisha are sitting on to move.


Now I would normally kick Trace’s ass out so I could get on with my date but I have a bit of a confession to make. Ready? I’m nervous”don’t tell anyone though, it’s embarrassing. I’m not supposed to get nervous especially when it comes to women. I’m supposed to be smooth and charming and keep the girl blushing. Well at least I know that with Elli the blushing part shouldn’t be too difficult. Anyway, I just want everything to be perfect you know?


It’s a lot of pressure knowing that this is Elli’s first date. I want it to be memorable you know”in a good way I mean. I barely even remember my first date because I was so nervous. That was back in the day when I blushed as often as Elli does now. Ha, you know it really is a wonder that I even find myself attracted to her. What I mean is that whenever an interviewer would as me what my ideal woman would be like I always said that she would have to be confident and sure of herself. Elli is like the opposite of that. But for some reason I find her shyness endearing and just gosh darn cute.


Did I just say “gosh darn?”


“So what do you have planned for tonight?” Elisha asks, breaking me of my thoughts. I look over at Elli who looks down at her feet the moment we make eye contact. See that would usually be a turn off for me. I normally would go for the girl seeking out the eye contact, not avoiding it.


“Just supper and…” I trail off. I hadn’t really planned that far in advance. I thought we would just relax out back, maybe watch the sun go down and look at the stars. Is that too cheesy?


“And?” She presses.


“We’ll see where things progress from there.” I answer elusively. I’m sure I’m only raising suspicions with that response. What does she think I’m going to do; take Elli on the table after dessert? I mentally roll my eyes.


“Doesn’t Elli look beautiful tonight?” Elisha asks rather randomly. I hear Elli groan and turn to see her cover her face with her hands. Maybe they should get going. The last thing Elli needs is to feel uncomfortable and Elisha is making her uncomfortable. Trace elbows Elisha, giving her a warning glance. “What?”


I roll my eyes at her naivety. Lowering Elli’s hands from her face I grasp one of hers in mine and pull her towards the grill and farther away from Elisha. She follows quietly and I suddenly realize she’s barely spoken since she arrived besides the singing I mean. She must be nervous too.


“What’re you cooking?” She asks quietly as I lift the lid of the grill. “It smells great.”


I smile proudly at her statement. See I can cook….well grill anyway. “Steak, potatoes, and a vegetable medley.” I answer, intertwining our fingers. She makes a pleased noise and a small smile takes over her face as I turn the steaks for the final time. “How do you like it cooked?”


She shrugs indefinitely, “However you like it is fine.”


“Rare?” I ask with a raised brow.


“I don’t want it to still be mooing.” She scrunches her nose in disgust. And I let out a loud laugh.


“Medium?” I ask. She nods in affirmation.


“You don’t really eat that rare do you?” She asks after I close the lid to the grill. “I don’t know if can watch you eat a raw steak.”


“I like it medium.” I assure, pulling her to sit on the couch across from the swing Elisha and Trace are currently occupying. I look over at Trace raising my eyebrows when our eyes me. I send him a look silently telling him leave already. He smiles just barely before standing and holding a hand out to Elisha. Have you noticed how much more affectionate they are towards each other today?


“We better get going if we want to make our movie.” He announces as Elisha takes his offered hand. See what I mean? Their holding hands and standing all close together. This is great! Trace has been missing Elisha like crazy since they split. I would like to think I helped bring them together through my stupidity. I mean I did bring Elisha into the whole does Trace like Elli thing.


“You two have fun!” Elisha calls as Trace drags her towards the door.


“We will,” I call back, smiling over at Elli.


“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!” She giggles.


“That doesn’t leave much!” I yell back as they disappear into the house. I look back over at Elli with a smile.


And then there were two….



Song Credit: You Give Love a Bad Name”Bon Jovi



TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki