Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 3: Confessions By The Baby Grand



How do I let her talk me into things like this? You will never guess where I am right now. You will never guess.


Justin Timberlake’s house. His house!


If my mother knew I was here she would murder me. You know that doesn’t sound so bad right about now.


One good thing about tonight is that I got to ride in my very first limo. That was very exciting! It wasn’t until we got there that things started to go sour.


Liz, ugh, she’s been giggling non-stop since we got here. I think I’m gonna rip my hair out if I have to hear ‘oh Justin’ one more time. And these phonies are acting like the nicest guys in the world. They can’t fool me; I saw them at the meet and greet. I know what they’re really like.


“So did you get a chance to read my story Justin?” Liz asks shyly tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.


Did I mention to you that Liz is like the most gorgeous girl in school? She’s got long, straight blonde hair and big green eyes. She’s stick thin and just…ugh, the opposite of me! I’ll admit it, I’m jealous. And these guys are looking at her like….like she’s a piece of meat or something. They do realize how old she is don’t they? And the huge age gap? Let’s say it all together now shall we. On three:


One.


Two.


Three.


Jailbait!


“Uh”not yet.”


I roll my eyes. ‘Not yet’ of course he hasn’t read it yet. He threw it in the garbage! This guy is something else. And he has Liz eating right out of his hand. I should just say something. I’m going to.


Deep breath…


Okay, I can’t do it.


Liz giggles and touches Justin’s arm lightly. I think I’m gonna be sick. And then she lets out yet another ‘oh Justin.’


“I’m gonna go get some fresh air.” I stand up and say quickly. I can’t take this anymore. I practically run out of the living room before anyone can say a word.


Ugh! Where is the front door? How do I get out of this dang house! I swear it’s like a maze in here….I’m starting to hyperventilate. Did I mention I’m claustrophobic, cause I am. I reach for the closest door and I push it open and then close it tightly behind me. I do my best to control my breathing and finally open my eyes.


Oh wow….


I walk slowly over to the white baby grad on the opposite side of the all white room. It’s gorgeous; almost breathtaking. I run my fingers over the smooth top and find myself sitting on the bench.


I started playing the piano when I was four. My dad taught me. He was a musician. He could play just about everything and anything; the piano, guitar, violin, saxophone. I’ve always admired that about him. That passion he had. I have yet to find something I’m truly fervent about.


Tentatively I press down on the ivory keys reveling in the sweet sound. I can’t tell you how long it’s been since I’ve played. My fiddling with notes some how turns into an all too familiar song I can’t help but sing to.


"Thought I saw you today
You were standing in the sun then you turned away
And I knew I couldn't be but my heart believed
Oh it seems like something everyday
How could you be so far away
When you're still here"


"When I need you you're not hard to find
You're still here
I can see you in my baby's eyes
And I laugh and cry
You're still here"


"At the dream last night
That you came to me on silver wings of light
I flew away with you in the painted sky
And I woke up wondering what was real
Is it what you see and touch or what you feel
Cause you're still here"


"Oh you're everywhere we've ever been
You're still here
I heard you in a stranger's laugh
And I hunger on to hear your laugh again
Just once again
Oh..."


"Thought I saw you today
You were standing in the sun then you turned away
Away "



I jump when I hear the door open. I look in that direction and almost groan when I see Justin’s face. I quickly stand from the bench and back away from the piano.


“I’m sorry”I”you”I mean,” I stutter trying to come up with some sort of an excuse as to explain why I’m in here and using his things without permission. He’s just standing there leaning against the door frame, staring at me. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t be in here. I was trying to find my way out and ended up in here I””


“It’s fine.” He says softly finally moving from his place and making his way over to me. “What was that song you were singing?”


I look at him questioningly. Why is he being so civil towards me? I don’t like this. I don’t trust him.


“It’s nothing you’ve heard before.” I reply warily as he sits in the place I previously occupied. “My mom wrote it.”


He nods and runs his fingers over the keys, not playing anything in particular yet it sounds beautiful. He must be one of those lucky people that can play by ear. I was never able to do that. I had to work hard to lean how to read music and then memorize it.


“I guess I should apologize to you huh?” What is going on? This guy is really confusing me. He chuckles. “I was kind of a jerk to you at the meet and greet.”


Your point?


“I’m not always like that.”


Right; and pigs can fly…


“I took Liz’s story out of the trash. I’ll admit I haven’t read it but I do still have it.”


Why is he telling me this again?


“Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with everything in my life and I take it out on my fans.” I am extremely uncomfortable right now. I fold my arms over my chest to try to produce some warmth in the suddenly chilly room. “I get sick of being ogled over all the time. I would love to go just one day without getting recognized by a fan.”


He runs his hand over his shaven head in what I assume is frustration. Why is he telling me all this? I don’t even know him and he’s confessing all this stuff. Maybe he tells this to lots of people. Yeah, I’m sure that’s it.


“I can’t even go to the grocery store. I have to pay someone to go for me.” He voice is becoming more and more frantic with every word. What am I supposed to say? “And now I’m gonna go solo and things are just gonna get f**king worse. I share all this attention with four other guys now but in just a few months I’ll be just me.”


Oh my gosh….is he….no he couldn’t be…..he is….he’s crying.


Justin Timberlake is crying. Scratch that”he’s bawling like a baby. What do I do? I look towards the closed door. Would it be terrible if I ran? Someone would find him eventually.


I take a step towards the door but the pathetic sounds of his sobs stop me. I can’t just leave him like this. So maybe he was jerk when I first met him and the first half of tonight but I can’t just leave him here crying.


I sigh and slowly walk to his hunched figure and gently lay my hand on his trembling back. To my extreme surprise he grabs me around the waist and presses his face to my stomach. I tense and my breath hitches in my throat. He’s gripping at my shirt trying to pull me closer as I try to pull away.


I bite down hard on my lip until I can taste blood. I wish he would go back to being the obnoxious prick I first met only a few days ago. I can’t handle this. I hate it when people cry.


Finally I lift my hands from my sides moving one to rub what I hope are comforting circles over his back and one to his head.


I sure hope this is helping him. This is the best I can do.


TBC......(Please Review!)

Song Credited To: Faith Hill, Still Here


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki