Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 37: Meeting Momma



“Shit, shit, f**king shit!” Justin hisses holding his hands to his jaw as his face contorts in pain. I cover my face with my hands to shield my embarrassment as he hops off the couch still cursing the whole time.


Oh my gosh…oh my gosh…oh my gosh….I can’t believe I actually bit him. Didn’t I tell you something like this would happen if he stuck that thing in my mouth? Oh gosh, this has to be the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. Well besides that one time that I was”scratch that thought. I don’t think I really want to share that story right now; I’m embarrassed enough as it is.


I knew this French kissing thing was a bad idea. Of course it wasn’t nearly as gross as I thought it would be. Actually, it wasn’t gross at all. It was…..different and at first I wasn’t really all that sure what to think of it. But as I got used to it, I liked it….a lot. His tongue was really soft and smooth and warm and it just”I don’t know. It was great until I bit him.


I think that’s his mother who walked in on us. I’m not sure though because I’ve never met her but from the tone in her voice when she called out, “Justin Randall,” I’m pretty sure she’s a mom. Mom’s all have that middle name thing down to a science. My mom uses it when I get in serious trouble, which isn’t very often. As a kid you just know that the more names added to your first the more trouble you’re in. If it’s just the first name it’s really just a warning, but as soon as they pull out that middle name you know you’re at the very least grounded. But it’s not until hey use the middle and the last that you know you’re not only going to grounded you’re going to get a whooping too.


“What the hell is going on in here?” Trace exclaims.


Oh great now Elisha and Trace are here to witness this most mortifying moment. I just want to die. I groan and curl my legs up to the side, pressing my side into the back of the couch.


The couch sinks next to me and I know it’s Justin but I’m too scared to look up. What if he’s really mad? You know he can’t possibly be happy about me biting him.


“Hey,” He says and it sounds kind of funny; like he’s trying to talk with a mouth full of marbles. His hand skims down my arm sweetly but I still can’t look at him. “Look at me Elli. Are you alright?”


“I should be asking you that,” I whisper pathetically, “You were the one that got bit, not me.”


“I’m fine,” He assures, still sounding funny and I’m sure he’s not really okay and is just saying that to make me feel better. I look at him out of the corner or my eye and can tell he’s still in pain. “You didn’t bite me that hard.”


“You’re bleeding!” I exclaim as tears fill my eyes. He presses a few fingers against his tongue, wincing at the pressure, before pulling them back out to see them covered in blood. I can’t believe I bit him that hard to make him bleed.


His face lowers so that his lips move against my skin as he speaks, “It was worth it.” My blush deepens at his words and I’m sure he can feel how my face is now feeling much like it’s on fire. Even though he said that, I am never allowing him to put his tongue back in my mouth. I would think about this every time he did it and it would ruin the moment. And what if I did it again! Oh I would just die! I really would.
That’s going to become a big fear of mine. I’ll become like tongue-a-phobic or something. I think I may already be one.


“I’m sorry I bit you.” I apologize quietly.


“I don’t mean to break up this touching moment,” His mother interrupts, “But if you’re bleeding we should probably take care of that.”


Justin nods and pulls away from me to follow both his mom and Trace out of the room leaving just me and Elisha. You know she’s going to interrogate me now. I wipe at my eyes to cleanse any tears that fell just as she comes to sit in the stop Justin was previously occupying.


“What just happened? Did you just apologize for biting him?” She asks incredulously. I nod to confirm the answer to her question. “Why’d you bite him?”


“It was an accident.” I answer with an exasperated sigh. “We were””


“What? Did he piss you off or something?”


I shake my head no. “I bit his tongue.”


She looks at me very confused for a moment before it dawns on her and she suddenly gets it. “Ohhhh….ouch.”


“His mom walked in and it scared me and I….I bit him.”


“Wow.” She pauses and we both don’t speak for several minutes as if just taking in what just went down. “So what is good?”


“Excuse me?”


“The kiss.” She clarifies and my face instantly reddens. “Was it your first with tongue?” When I don’t answer she playfully nudges my side with her elbow. I really don’t feel comfortable talking about this especially with her. I mean I don’t really know her all that well. Not that I would even really want to talk about this with even Liz. The whole thing just makes me feel very uncomfortable. “Come on, dish.”


“It was”nice.” I mumble shyly.


“Up until you bit him right?” I look at her with wide eyes, not believe she would be so insensitive to say that. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. It’s just really kind of funny.”


“No it’s not.”


“Yeah it is….”


(MEANWHILE…..)


I flick the faucet on and lean my head to the side to fill it up with water. I swish the water in my mouth, wincing at the stinging sensations it’s causes, before spitting the water and blood mixture back into the sink.


When I turn around my mother hands me a wet dishcloth and instructs me to hold it against my tongue. God, I hope she didn’t take out a chunk or something. Elli will probably never allow me to kiss her again after this. I guess I should go check on her. I figured she would follow me and mom out here but she’s most likely still sitting on the couch just as I left her crying. I know she’s embarrassed; hell I would be too. At least Elisha is in there with her, although I probably would have felt better if Trace had stayed with her instead. Elli’s more comfortable around him. Instead he’s just sitting at the kitchen table watching the all unfold like a free movie.


“I cannot believe you.” My mother scolds before I get a chance to scoot past her. She orders me to sit and I do, obediently. I pull the dishcloth back to examine it. I think the bleeding is slowing down.


“What?” I groan when as my mother continues to glare at me.


I feel like I’m a teenager again and mom unexpectantly got home from work early only to catch me on the couch with a girl. I’m twenty-three, God-damn-it and if I want to make out with so girl I should be able to.


“Did you or did you not, just three days ago, sit in this very kitchen and tell me that there were no new women in your life?” She asks with a defined harshness to her voice. I shoot Trace a glare when I hear him snicker.


She’s not honestly mad about this. The other day she came over for dinner and I had cooked for her. The moment she walked into the house she said, ‘who is she?’ And I said, ‘what are you talking about?’ And she went on to say something to the affect of, I never cook or am this happy unless there’s a woman in my life. Isn’t it crazy how perceptive mom’s are about that stuff. But anyway, I denied that I was in any kind of relationship and she eventually dropped the subject. So now you know why she barged in like she did and is now mad at me.


“It thought you told me everything Jay,” She sighs sadly. I do tell my mom everything. She’s my f**king best friend and I call her everyday even if I have nothing to say. But I couldn’t”scratch that”can’t tell her about Elli. My mom is cool and all but there is no way she would go for me dating a minor. Hence the reason I told her I wasn’t involved with anyone. Although technically I have yet to define my relationship with Elli so I wasn’t really lying. Of course she would just say that I was withholding the truth which is just as bad as lying. All moms’ use that line at one time or another no matter how cool they are. “How could you lie to me like that?”


“I didn’t lie to you Mamma. This thing with Elli is all new. I was going to tell you about her eventually if things started to get serious.” I assure, even though I probably wouldn’t have, at least until Elli was of legal age. Which won’t be until February and since it’s only June we’ve got quite a while.


“From the way you two were going at it, it didn’t look too new.” She smirks, letting me know she’s not really angry with me. I blush at her statement and am glad Elli isn’t up here to listen to this. “How’s your tongue? Is it still bleeding?”


I shake my head when I realize I do not taste blood anymore. It’s still really sore though and I’ll have to be careful with the kind of food I eat and stuff. No foods with high acidity for me until my tongue heal. Ha, that’s sounds really funny doesn’t it? I don’t think I’ve ever had anything even remotely close to this happen to me before. And poor Elli is probably still mortified. I should really go check on her again.


“Well go get this new girl of yours so I can meet her properly.”


(Trace’s POV)


As if one cue Elisha saunters into the room with Elli trailing miserably behind her. The poor thing. She seems to always come up with some way to embarrass herself nearly every time I see her.


Now from what I can gauge from the bits and pieces I heard, Justin and Elli were making out and she bit his tongue to the point that it bled. Now what I want to know is what in the hell made Justin think that Elli was ready to French kiss. They haven’t been dating or whatever the f**k they’re doing that long and I can tell you right now it was too soon. I told you he would corrupt her and its already starting. He’s slowly taking her innocence from her, but I guess if someone had to do it’s best that it’s Justin. I know he won’t take advantage of her and if he tries I’ll beat his ass.


“Hey there honey, how are you doin’?” Lynn asks like the sweet southern belle she so naturally is. Elli bites her lip shyly as Lynn approaches and wraps an arm around her shoulders comfortingly. “Now don’t you worry about what happened a few minutes ago; it’s already forgotten.”


“Really?” Elli asks with wide innocent eyes. It’s times like these when Elli really shows her age. Right now she looks like she’s about twelve.


“Really.” Lynn confirms giving the young girl a sideways hug.
Leave it to Lynn to patch things up and make everything all better. She’s always been good at that. “Now I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced.”


This is when Justin drops the dishtowel he was using to nurse his wound to the table and jumps to stand in front of his mom. “Momma, this is Elli Montgomery. Elli this is my momma.”


“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Timberlake.” Elli says timidly.


“Harless.” Lynn corrects and Elli’s face turns to a confused stare. The poor thing really knows nothing about Justin does she? I’m not used to Justin dating girls that don’t know all the common trivia that’s posted about him on the internet. You know like his favorite color and food and his mom’s name. “It’s Lynn Harless, not Timberlake.”


“I am so sorry.” Elli apologizes quickly with her face flushed in embarrassment. What doesn’t embarrass her? Her calling Lynn by the wrong name is no big deal and she looks ready to burst into tears. I’m going to have to talk to her about all this later.


“Don’t worry about it suga’.” She smiles through her thick southern accent that makes me miss home and my own Momma. “Please, call me Lynn.”


Elli nods bashfully as Justin pulls her from his mother’s half embrace to stand by his side much in the way she was just standing next to his mother, though his hand is perched much lower over her lower back. As happy as I am that the two of them have finally admitted their feeling for each other I really don’t like the PDAs going on here. Like I’ve said before, I think of Elli as a little sister so I’m a bit protective of her.


“So how long have you been dating my son?”


Elli’s eyes widen to the point she looks like a deer caught in headlights. Well the thing is Lynn, they aren’t technically dating since Justin is too much of a dumbass to actually define their relationship. He claims that he doesn’t want to scare her off with a commitment but I think he’s the one who’s scared, not her. Whenever he makes a commitment the girl cheats or breaks up with him or something so he’s just f**king scared.


“Ma, I told you this was all new.” Justin answers for her.


“I don’t believe I was speaking to you Justin.” She replies through clenched teeth although she leaves a pleasant smile adorning her face.


“Hey, Ell didn’t you say you had to be home by six thirty?” I interrupt before another word is able to be spoken. She looks at me strangely since she never did tell me that. I’m just trying to get her off the hook. I raise my eyebrows trying to get her to get the hint.


“Oh, right.” She says her eyes sparking in recognition.


“Well it’s six thirty now so we should really get going.” I suggest, dangling my keys for everyone to see. She quickly parts from Justin’s side and grabs hold of my hand and begins pulling towards the door.


“Bye! It was nice meeting you”uh”Lynn.” She calls as I wave goodbye.


Well I think that first meeting went rather well don't you?



TBC.....

(AN: I know this chapter was kind of uneventful and I personally didn't really like it but it was the best I could come up with. Hopefully the next chapter will be better.)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki