Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 4: Burglars and Hot Cocoa



Tell me how this is fair.


I’m comforting Justin and Lance walks in. He, of course, thinks he interrupted something, which he most defiantly did not. Justin goes into some sort of panic or something and bolts out of the room nearly knocking me over in the process.


So I’m left thoroughly confused.


I finally find my way back to the living room and everyone is sending me death glares. Liz marches over to me demanding to know with I did to him. And I’m all like who? And she’s like don’t play dumb with me Elli!


That sounded a little valley-girl-ish didn’t it? Sorry; blonde moment. Wait can you have a blonde moment if your hair isn’t blonde?


Anywho, Liz goes on to tell everyone in the room how much I hate Nsync. Now keep in mind one-fourth of Nsync is sitting in the room while she yells at me like I’m some child. So then she tells me to go apologize to him.


That’s right, apologize!


Can you believe that? I didn’t even do anything. She doesn’t even know what went on that room nor do the other people sitting around her. So, I’m furious and so is she. They guys aren’t saying a word; probably enjoying this little ‘cat fight’ hoping we’ll suddenly start a brawl and end-up making out.


Guys are such perverts.


You’re probably wondering if I apologized. Let me ask you a question….would you have?


I didn’t think so. So, no, I didn’t. And Liz is no longer speaking to me. Now you see why I didn’t want to go meet this boy band? It’s caused nothing but conflict and drama; I get enough of that in high school.


*Sigh*


Maybe I should have just gone to find Justin and pretended to apologize. But Liz should have believed me when I told her I didn’t do anything. Do you see where I’m coming from?


I can’t sleep, hence the reason I’m up talking to you at 2:30 in the morning. Oh, I’m still at Justin’s by the way. We’re spending the night and going home tomorrow afternoon after we go to a recording session with them. I’m wondering what they’re planning on recording if, like Liz said, this past album was their last for at least a little while. Who knows?


Ugh….my stomach hurts. My stomach always hurts when I get stressed out. I think I’ll go see if I can find some hot cocoa. I throw back the blue comforter and sheets and hop out of bed. It’s colder than I thought it was. It’s this hard wood floor.


I peek my head out into the hallway. Now which way is to the kitchen? Left or right? I know across the hall is the bathroom.


Hm… Let’s go right, shall we.


I wish I knew where a light switch is; it’s dark and spooky out here. Oh! I think I see stairs! Yes, I’m going in the right direction. Go Elli!


Ouch! Oh crap! I just ran into the wall and knocked down a picture frame. I hope no one heard that. I crouch down just in front of the steps and pick up the picture that now lays in three pieces. I hope this isn’t one of those you break it you buy it deals.


Did you hear something? I think I hear footsteps. I turn and squint at the dark figure approaching. “Liz?” I whisper. Oh my gosh! I think they have a gun or a bat or something. I’m gonna die! I just wanted some hot cocoa.


I drop the frame and pull my arms over my head to prepare myself for the blow. Two strong hands grab on to me and push them away as hard as I can, flinging myself down the stairs in the process. Three flights of stairs might I add. Owe.


A light flicks on and sit up slowly putting my hand to my head.
Oh man do I have headache. Falling down stairs hurts.


“Elli?” I look up. My vision is too blurred to make out who it is. I think the room is spinning. What if I have a concussion! “Are you alright?”


“Justin?” I think its Justin. I blink. Yep; it’s Justin. Thank goodness. Wait a minute why did he just try to kill me? “I thought you were gonna to kill me.”


He chuckles and helps me to my feet. “I thought you were a burglar.”


A burglar. Me? A burglar? That’s laughable. My head hurts too much to laugh though. “I broke your frame.”


“What were you doing up?” He asks starting to guide me back upstairs.


“I was trying to find the kitchen.” I say rubbing my head.
He laughs again. I don’t find this all that amusing but I am the one with the possible concussion. “Why didn’t you turn on any lights?”


I offer him an annoyed glare and follow him back down the steps and into the kitchen I had been looking for. “I didn’t want to wake anyone plus I don’t know where the light switch is.”


“Oh,” He says sitting on the stool pulled up to the island and I do the same. “What did you need? A midnight snack?”


And it is this very moment I chose to notice his attire. It consists of a pair of plaid- blue boxers and….oh that’s right, nothing else. I must admit that he is much better looking that I gave him credit for before. He’s got these incredible abs; and his chest is just….he asked me a question didn’t he?


What did he just say?


“Elli?”


I know! I can’t remember what you asked me. This is so embarrassing. I’m sure my face is bright red by now. “What was the question again?” I ask lamely.


His smile broadens. He knows I was checking him out and he likes it.


Pervert.


“Did you need something from the kitchen?”


“My stomach is kinda upset so””


“Did you eat something bad?” He asks concern written all over his face. I just don’t get this guy. One minute he’s being a total jerk and the next he’s worried about me and crying into my stomach. Are you as confused as I am right now?


“No; I’m just kinda stressed right now. My mom always gives me hot cocoa when my stomach is upset.”


“Hmm…” He runs his fingers over his goatee in thought before jumping up from his stool and swinging open the fridge. He pulls out a gallon of skim milk and chocolate syrup. “Will this do?”


I nod and move the ingredients over to the stovetop. “Saucepan?”


“Here ya go.” He says giddily lifting himself on to the counter next to me. I wish he would put on some clothes. I can’t concentrate with him half naked like this.


“Do you want me”some?” Oh gosh, did you hear what I just said? I hope he didn’t catch my slip up. I have never seen a man this….exposed before and it’s messing with my mind.


“Sure.” I can feel him smiling which only means that he caught my slipup. We sit in silence as we wait for the chocolate milk to heat through. When it’s finished I pour the smooth brown liquid into two mugs Justin got out for us and go to sit at the table on the far side of the kitchen.


I bring my mug to my lips and take a quick sip, burning my tongue in the process. I practically spit out the cocoa but manage to swallow it before I make a fool of myself for about the hundredth time.


“This is good.” He says blowing on the steaming liquid. “I haven’t had hot chocolate in a long time.”


I nod trying my best to keep my eyes to myself. My tongue really hurts; now I can’t even taste the chocolate. I hate hot food/beverages. If my mom had made it I wouldn’t have burned myself.


Oh my mom. I lied to her again to come here. She thinks I’m spending the weekend at the beach with Liz and her mom. I’m a terrible, terrible daughter.


“Penny for your thoughts?” That was corny. I finally manage to look up at his face.


“I lied to my mom so that I could come here.” I find myself admitting. He leans back in his seat and nods seeming to be waiting for me to expound. “I just feel really guilty. I never lie to her.”


“Why did you have to lie to your mom about it?” He asks sipping at his drink again. “Were you grounded or something?”


“No.” I laugh a little. “She doesn’t approve of the type of music you sing.”


He scoffs playfully. “What?”


“I’m only allowed to listen to gospel basically.” I feel like a dork now. Why did I tell him this? He’ll probably laugh in my face now.


“I like some gospel.” He says. “I’m a good ol’ church boy; at least when I’m home that is.”


“A good ol’ church boy?” I laugh. That sounded really southern.


“Anyway,” Justin laughs along with me. “Do you like our music?”


I scrunch my nose and look back down at my half empty mug. “Liz is a big fan. I’ve never really heard you before.”


“I figured.”


“I guess I was kind of obvious with the whole ‘which one is Justin thing.’”


“Just a little.” We laugh.


I wonder if it would be appropriate to bring up earlier when he…you know…cried. I don’t want to upset him just when we’re starting to get along. He might go running upstairs and I would never find my room again.


I decide to leave well enough alone and enjoy some tasty hot cocoa with a new friend.


TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki