Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 5: Case of the Rambling Klutz



I bet you’re wondering about my little tantrum; if you can call it that. I still can’t believe I actually cried in front of someone. Not just someone, but someone I barely knew.

I was just having a really shitty day”scratch that I was having a really shitty week. I don’t really want to get into it but I broke up with my girlfriend of almost a year,”another cheater”I got mobbed nearly everyday by crazy fans just trying to outside, I haven’t seen my family in nearly six months, and I’m under a lot of stress right now getting ready to release my first solo album. I think that about sums it up.

Why did I cry to a complete stranger? Simply put she was there. I was just going to apologize to her about the way I treated her when we first met but somehow all my problems came spilling out.


I was surprised when that she didn’t laugh at me or run away. If I had been in her shoes I probably would have bolted. I’m not good at dealing with emotions like that. I was grateful for how she treated me and very appreciative.


Now lets move on to something else shall we? Last night I nearly gave Elli a concussion. Now I laugh about it but last night she scared the f**king shit out of me. It wasn’t just that I thought she was a burglar but also when she fell down all those stairs. She’s lucky she didn’t break her neck or at least a leg.


So after I lifted her from the floor we made some hot chocolate. Oh God and she asked me if I wanted her! She was trying to offer me hot chocolate. Ha! I was lucky I was able to hold in my laughter. And her face was bright red. It was priceless. And then she kept on checking out my body. Man I was loving it; there’s nothing like a good ego boost.


To put the girl at ease I, eventually, put on a t-shirt. Then we moved into the living room and just talked. We talked all night….well I guess all morning. I was surprised at how easy it was to talk to her. I don’t normally do that with people I barely know. Maybe it was easier because I know she’s not a fan. I don’t really know.


The girls are sitting outside the recording booth right now while we wait for JC to finish talking with Johnny Wright, our manager about something. They still aren’t talking. Elli wouldn’t tell me what they were fighting out. I hope I’m not the cause of their little tiff.


Elli looks bored sitting slouched on the opposite end of the couch Liz is on. Liz looks ecstatic to be here and can’t take her eyes of JC. You can tell who the fan is.


I excuse myself from the guys, although they don’t hear me over their loud laughing. I approach Elli and Liz and they both sit up straighter looking at me expectantly. I sit between them.


“What’s up ladies?”


“Nothing,” Liz giggles smiling abnormally wide, “just waiting to you to start recording.” I swear all this girl does is giggle and smile; its f**king annoying.


“We’re just ignoring each other and pretending that we’re not fighting so that you all will think there is nothing wrong.” Elli replies angrily, looking straight ahead and crossing her arms over her chest.


“Stop it Elli.” Liz says through clenched teeth.


“Oh so you’re speaking to me now?”


Cat fight!


“Maybe I would have been talking to you earlier if you hadn’t been flirting with Justin all morning!”


Uh-oh.


“You’re kidding me right?” Elli asks, leaning over me to better address Liz. “We were not flirting!”


“Oh Justin, you're so funny.” Liz mocks emitting a displeased grunt from Elli. “That’s not flirting?”


“Okay first off I do not sound like that,” Elli begins pointing a finger at her. I try to stand but the girls are too involved to allow me to escape. I look up into the recording booth for help but quickly realize that won’t be happening anytime soon. The guys are watching with great interest enjoying seeing me in this position. “Second if anyone was flirting is was you. All you have done since we go here is giggle. And I would not flirt with Justin; I am not interested in him.”


Jesus, Ell, way to deflate my ego.


“I’m not jealous Elli! I’m not some psycho, stalker fan who thinks Justin Timberlake is waiting out for me. I just don’t like the way you act when you’re around him.”


Elli turns to look at me with a shocked expression on her face. “Can you believe this?”


I stutter trying to figure a way out of this. I just asked what they were up to. I wasn’t expecting them to fight over me. They are fighting over me aren’t they? To be honest I can’t really tell at the moment.


“I don’t want to fight with you Ell.” Liz says with tears in her eyes. “You’re my best friend and I hate it when we fight. I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Can you ever forgive me?”


“Awe, Liz, it’s already forgotten.”


What? Are you as confused right now as I am?


Both girls leaned over me and hugged leaving me feeling quite uncomfortable; well more uncomfortable than I already was. “Love you Ell.”


“Love you too Liz.” They pulled back, Liz wiping her eyes. Elli looks at me as if she’s just now noticing my presence. “Aren’t you supposed to recording?”


I blink, thoroughly confused and just get up and walk into the


recording booth.


Women.


~*~*~*


422. That’s how many tiles are on the ceiling. I’ve counted them twelve times.


I am soooooo bored. I like the guys and all but this is just….boring. Liz is in Nsync heaven right now listening to them record her favorite songs just for her. I’m just not a boy band fan. I mean sure they sound alright but what’s so special about them?


I should just take a nap. I am exhausted. After I nearly killed myself falling down the stairs last night I spent the rest of the morning staying up and talking to Justin. We must have talked for nearly four hours. I still don’t know how we came up with that much to talk about. I really enjoyed talking to him though.
He’s a really good listener and we laughed a lot. It was nice.


Like talking with a friend is nice. Not like talking with a boyfriend nice; because he’s not my boyfriend. Not that I thought about him ever being my boyfriend. I mean I don’t hate the idea of it I just never really thought about it. And now that I’ve thought about I don’t want him to be.


It was nice talking to him. That's all it was.


Anyway, me and Liz made up finally. To be honest I don’t even really know why we were fighting. But at least we’re okay now.


They guys finally exit the booth and all crowd around Liz as they discuss the songs they just recorded. I lean back against the armrest and close my eyes.


Just as I start to drift out of consciousness I feel the couch dip to my right. I open one eye to see the curly haired baby of the group smiling widely at me.


“Four-hundred and twenty-two.” He says matter-of-fact-ly.


“What?”


“That’s how many tiles are on the ceiling right?” Justin claries pointing to the ceiling.


I can’t help but laugh. How did does he do that? We barely know each other yet he’s able to read my mind.


“Yeah.”


Why is he looking at me like that?


“I’m glad you and Liz are done fighting over me.” He says cockily.


“We were not fighting over you.” I confirm. He rolls his eyes playfully and scoots closer to me.


“You know you want a piece of this.” He says running his hands over his chest.


“Oh yeah,” I reply sarcastically. “You’re just what I want.” That would have come off a whole lot smoother if I hadn’t been stuttering like a fool.


Tell me something; honestly. I’m flirting with him aren’t I? This has got to stop. He’s too old for me. I don’t even want a boyfriend. My mom would slaughter me!


“What’s wrong?” I look at him confused. “You look scared all of a sudden.”


“Nothing is wrong.” I snap.


“PMS?”


I scoff. “You are such a guy.”


“Okay that was wrong of me to say,” He says quickly as I start to stand up. “I’m sorry.”


And just like that, I forgive him. Why does he have to be so gosh darn cute? I sit back down but scoot as far away from his as I can manage without falling off the couch. “I don’t think your friends like me very much.”


“Why do you say that?”


“Well last night when me and Liz were fighting about”were fighting she sort of told them that I didn’t like them. That’s not true though. I will admit I didn’t like them at first but I do now that I got to know them a little bit better. The same thing happened with you. I couldn’t stand you when if I first met you and now…”


I trail off not really knowing how to complete that sentence.
“And now?” He repeats moving closer. I can feel his chest moving up and down against my side with every breath he takes.


This is all a bit too intense for me.


“Now I really”you’re”I”uh…”


I move to scoot away from him and feel myself start to fall. I try to catch myself but I’m not fast enough. I crash to floor; right on my butt. The room erupts in laughter and my face turns a bright shade of red.


I’m such a klutz; just a rambling klutz.



TBC.....(Thanks so much for the suggestions and great reviews. I hope you like the way I included Justin's POV. Let me know if you think I should continue this way or if you have any other suggestions)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki