Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 478
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 6: Grounded



I’m grounded; grounded for two weeks grounded. I have never been grounded before in my entire life. Thank you Liz.


Turns out my grandmother is coming into town today, unexpectantly might I add. So my mom called Liz’s mom to get a hold of me so that I could come home early to help clean up and stuff. Of course I wasn’t there and she told my mom where I was.


So there I was sprawled out on the floor in complete embarrassment from falling off the couch and my mother waltzes in asking what’s so funny. I almost had a heart attack; literally.


And then if I wasn’t embarrassed enough, my mom went on to lecture me in front of everyone; and by everyone I mean Justin. He must have thought I was such a dork. Not that I really care what he thinks of me. I told you before I’m not interested in him like that. I’m really not. I think he’s good looking but that’s all.


Why do I always feel like I need to defend myself to you?


So anyway, after my mom lectured me with the all famous “I’m not angry, I’m just very disappointed in you” speech. You all the one I’m talking about. I felt like crap to say the least. I mean I already felt badly about lying in the first time but now I feel really really bad. I hate that speech.


Then my mom ordered me to get my things and leave. All of my overnight stuff was at Justin’s house and she wouldn’t give me the chance to even tell her. So I just grabbed my purse and went to leave.


My mom was already outside the room when Justin grabbed my hand and stopped me. I remember looking at him like he was crazy. If my mom walked back in she would have had my head. He didn’t say anything; he just smiled and let me leave. In the process of this interaction he slipped me his number.


Did you hear me? Justin Timberlake slipped me his number. What does he want me to do with it? I can’t call him. I wouldn’t know what to say. What would I say? Does he really want me to call him?


Man, I’m so confused.


Why am I even questioning this? I’m grounded. I can’t use the phone.


Whew…..problem solved. I feel really relieved. So I can just throw this little piece of pink paper away. I’ll just throw it away; toss it in the trash.


Well, maybe I should hold onto it. I did give him a hard time for throwing away Liz’s story. This would be like the same thing right? I’ll just put it in my jewelry box. I won’t use it; I’ll just put it away.


He does have my overnight bag though. I should call and schedule some time I can come get that. And I should thank him for being so hospitable. I’ll just call him now since my mom is out. It’ll just be really quick.


I take a deep breath and reach for cordless phone I brought into my room earlier. Why do I feel so nervous? I need to just do it; get it over with. Here goes nothing. I take another deep breathe and quickly dial his number before putting the phone to my ear.


It’s ringing. Once, twice, three times, four times, five….I’m beginning to think he’s not going to answer.


“Hey this is Justin; I’m not in leave a message…..beep….”


Oh no! I wasn’t prepared to leave a message.


“Uh, hi Justin; this is”uh”Elli. You know, Liz’s friend from the win a date with Nsync thing. Uh”you left me your number. Well I’m sure you know that. Uh”I left my stuff at your house and I was thinking you could send it to me or””


Oh my gosh! His machine just hung up on me. That’s almost as bad as when a live person hangs up on you. Now I have to call him back. I press the redial and wait for his machine to pick up yet again.


“Hey, Justin! This is Elli again. Your machine cut me off so”uh”I’ll just give you my address and you can just send me my stuff.” I rattle off my address. “So”uh”thanks. Bye.”


I let out a deep breath and fall back on my bed tossing the phone to the floor. I’m sweating I was so freakin’ nervous. He’ll probably play those messages for his friends as a joke or something.

I’m such a dork.


~*~*~*~


I’ve never met a bigger klutz in my life and I’ve never found that quality so attractive. I love Elli’s naivety and shyness; it’s adorable.


I did feel badly for her when her mom came waltzing in and started yelling at her. She had already told me about how terrible she felt about lying and her mom only made it worse.


She gave her the “I’m so disappointed in you speech.” That’s the worst; believe me I know.


I slipped Elli my number before she left. It’s not what you think though. I just liked taking with her and would like to do it again. Plus she left all her stuff at my house and she’ll need to pick it up later. Those are the only reasons. Really.


So I was left alone with the guys and their questioning glares. I knew what they were thinking. They were thinking that either Elli has a crush on me or there is already something going on between us.


“How old is Elli again?” JC asks in a way I’m sure he thinks is nonchalant. He’s so obvious. I roll my eyes and recline farther into the couch.


“Seventeen, I think.” Chris replies. I can feel all of their eyes on me.


“Just turned seventeen.” Lance adds.


Another eye roll.


“So is Liz.” I chime in looking over at JC with a smart-ass smirk. “Right JC?” He thinks I don’t see the way he checks her out every time she bends over or walks away. There’s an even bigger age gap between them.


JC glares at me before just coming out and asking what is on all of their minds. “What the hell is going on with you and Elli?”


I scoff and roll my eyes. “Nothing.”


“Yeah right.” Lance sighs. How nice of my best friends to gang up on me like this. “Come on Justin, we’re not blind.”


“Ya’ll are f**king crazy.” This is getting old and fast.


Apparently I’m not allowed to be friends with someone of the female gender.


“We’re just looking out for you Jay.” Joey says clapping his hand on my shoulder. I shrug him off and stand up to leave. I don’t feel like listening to his shit right now.


“I’m not gonna do anything stupid Joey. I know she’s only seventeen and that it’s illegal for anything to go between us and guess what? I’m not interested anyway.”



And then I stormed out the door.


My phone vibrates in my pocket signifying that I have a message. Hang on a second and while I listen………


That was Elli. She sounded a bit nervous. She was stuttering and fumbling all over her words. Don’t take this the wrong way but….it was cute. I can’t believe I just said cute. That’s such a girl’s word. Anyway, she wants me to send her her overnight stuff.


Oh, I’ll do more than that…..


TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki