Simply Irresistible by julie suzanne


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


In the evening on May 3rd

Abbey and Madelyn sat in the living room on leather couches as JC walked down the back stairs into the kitchen. "Are you girls hungry?" he asked.

"Yeah, I am," Abbey answered while laying on the love seat.

"I'm kind of hungry," Madelyn responded.

"Is Chinese ok? It's from Kitchen Chasez," JC joked in a French accent.

"We are eating Chinese not French, correct?" Madelyn asked.

"Shut up! I'm sorry I haven't perfected my Chinese yet," JC said.

Abbey assured him with a smile and said, "Chinese will be great JC. Plus yours is the best in town."

"Thank you Abbey. At least someone appreciates my cooking," JC answered as he smiled back at Abbey. He looked back at Madelyn and stuck out his tongue.

Madelyn made a face back at him and put her finger near her eye. She then dragged it down her cheek and said, "Tear."

Abbey shook her head at their antics. JC and Madelyn had always had a crazy relationship. They were always joking around with each other. Abbey laughed quietly at them making faces at each other as she shifted herself in a more comfortable position on the love seat. She laid her head on the arm of the couch as she bent her knees and tucked her toes inbetween the cushions. Abbey tried to keep her eyes open, but they slowly closed leading her into a deep sleep.

Madelyn got up and walked to the bar connecting the kitchen and dining room and asked, "So, where's Justin? Out with Brit?"

Madelyn sat down and JC answered, "Actually he is upstairs taking a shower, but he's not going out with Brit tonight. He and Brit won't be going out together for awhile. They needed their time apart so they decided to break up."

Madelyn sighed and spoke, "Sounds familiar. Dan and I split up too. We hardly talked and when we did, we just yelled. Neither of us could take it any longer so we broke up."

"I'm sorry. Those types of relationships can suck, I should know," JC responded.

"Huh? Oh, you and Bobbie. I forgot about that," Madelyn answered. "On the subject of relationships, is there anyone you have been with lately?"

JC knew Madelyn would be the one to break open the part of the conversation about his relationships. Whether she knew whom he liked or not, he didn't know, but she would find out because that's just what Madelyn did. "I haven't had any relationships since Bobbie, but there is someone I've had my eye on for awhile."

Madelyn grinned and looked towards Abbey sleeping on the couch. She looked back at JC and grinned even bigger. "So do I even have to ask? Just tell me so I can glorify in my moment of being right."

"Maybe it's her, maybe not," JC said.

"Oh come on! Just tell me for real. I see the phone bill at the house. You call her almost everyday. Sometimes twice a day. If she isn't on the house phone, then she is on her cell phone talking to you. By the way, when do I get a cell phone from you? Christmas? My birthday? Valentine's Day? Any other gift-giving holiday?" Madelyn asked jokingly. "I'm just kidding. Back to my point! Don't hesitate. You know how shy she is, so that means you make the first move."

"I'll do it when I am ready and when I think she is ready. Please don't say anything to her. She can not know. If something is going to happen I want to be the one to tell her. In my own way, not through gossip. Promise me Madelyn," JC asked.

"I promise. I won't tell her a thing about it. I just want the best for her that's all."

"Thanks," JC responded.

Madelyn was very protective of Abbey. Every boyfriend Abbey had, the few that she had, Madelyn made it clear to them that if they hurt Abbey they would have to deal with Madelyn. Abbey's last relationship had completely destroyed her and Madelyn had made sure that Nick, Abbey's ex-boyfriend, knew what was up and to never come around again knowing what he did to Abbey.

Abbey and Nick were together for three years and out of nowhere he cheated on her. Abbey had completely fallen apart from that relationship. That was almost two years ago and Abbey still hasn't dated anyone since then. JC was the first person Abbey even remotely thought about starting a relationship with since Nick.

__________________________________________________



Abbey was still asleep on the couch and JC had just finished making dinner. Madelyn was upstairs telling Justin dinner was ready to eat. JC walked over to the love seat where Abbey was sleeping and kneeled down in front of her. "Abbey, sweetie, time to wake up. Dinner is done," he said to her.

Abbey heard JC calling her sweetie and waking her up so she opened her eyes. She thought it was a dream and leaned in close to his face and kissed him on the lips.

She then realized what had just happened and she knew that she wasn't dreaming. She had just kissed JC. She didn't know how to act, nor did JC. They both moved away from each other never breaking their stare.

"I just wanted to wake you up and tell you that dinner was done. It's.. done," JC stuttered.

"Thanks."

JC got up and reached out for Abbey's hand to help her up. She took his hand and got out of the love seat. As soon as she got up she fell down because her leg had fallen asleep. JC caught her before she hit the table and asked what was wrong.

"My leg is asleep and it hurts. I'm crippled!" Abbey joked.

"Here," JC said as he helped her up and put his arm around her waist to help her keep her balance, "Let's just try to make it to the table."

"Thanks JC," Abbey said with a smile looking at him as she sat down in a chair at the table.

"I'll fix a plate for you. What would you like on it?" JC asked.

"Surprise me," Abbey said.

JC fixed a plate for himself and then for Abbey. He brought both of them to the table. He set her plate in front of her and he sat down across from her.

Madelyn and Justin then came running down the stairs, "I so beat you!" Justin exclaimed.

"It wasn't a fair game! You cut me off!" Madelyn answered back.

Madelyn had Justin in a headlock trying to get him on the ground. They both looked up when JC said in a serious tone, "Children, children. If you don't stop your bickering I will send both of you to your rooms without dessert."

Abbey laughed at all of them. She looked at Madelyn and said, "Just give it up girl. He's the king, the almighty master of the castle." Madelyn knew then that Abbey was helping her out to get Justin down.

Justin then looked up at Abbey and said, "That's right! I rule! No one can ever defeat the almighty Timberlake! Hahaha!"

Just then Madelyn slyly got him on the ground. She stood up and put her foot on his chest. "I claim this territory, Madelyn’s kingdom. Now who's the king of the castle? The queen has power now!"

Madelyn took her foot off of Justin and let him up. JC and Abbey laughed at both of them as JC said, "I'll get your plates."

Justin sat in the seat next to JC and Madelyn sat next to Abbey. There were four empty seats left at the table, the two seats at each end and one more next to Madelyn and Justin. The guys hardly ate at their humungous table unless they had guests, otherwise they would eat at the bar. Today was an exception so they ate at the table.

All four best friends sat and ate with little talk. All of them hardly talked when eating dinner. They always saved their gossip for after dinner. Abbey complimented JC on his cooking, as she always did, but it was sincere and she loved to try anything he made. After dinner, JC and Abbey took the dishes to the sink and Justin and Madelyn went and relaxed in the living room.

Justin and Madelyn sat down on the love seat next to each other and turned on the big screen TV. They turned on the movie channel and A Knight's Tale was on. Madelyn insisted that they watch it and Justin agreed. "Just as long as it's not a chick-flick, I guess I can watch it."

"It's a good movie! We're watching it!" Madelyn demanded.

Justin shook his head and lifted his arm up and set it on the back of the love seat. Madelyn tensed up a little. She couldn't understand why but she got a weird feeling when Justin was close to her. They had known each other for so long and seen each other go in and out of relationships but never had one of their own. This was the first time Madelyn thought about Justin as a boyfriend. Justin could tell Madelyn felt a little nervous so he asked her, "Is it ok if I put my arm here?"

"It is fine there," Madelyn answered.

As Justin and Madelyn watched the movie, Abbey and JC washed the dishes. They were silent at first and then Abbey began to apologize. "I'm sorry about earlier in the living room."

"Your leg? Oh that's alright, you can't really predict when that'll happen."

"No, I meant the kiss. I got caught up in my dream and I thought I was still sleeping. I guess I wasn't," Abbey explained.

Way to go Chasez! That’s good, make her feel like you didn’t even notice her! How could I not forget her kissing me!

"It's ok," JC began as he turned to look at Abbey, "I figured you must have been dreaming."

“Yeah, I wasn’t dreaming about kissing you. If you were wondering,” Abbey said as JC looked at her thinking that she really did kiss JC on purpose, “I had a dream about Nick. I guess I am still trying to get over him.”

“Oh. You didn’t mean to kiss me? I mean Nick, or.. wait, never mind.” JC thought to himself, Smooth. What a perfect way to not let her know you are head over heels! He continued changing subjects, “You want to go watch the movie with those two after we are finished here?”

“Sure. I think they are watching A Knight’s Tale. I love that movie. Heath Ledger. Do I even half to say it? That is one cute boy and that accent?” Abbey answered.

JC chuckled at Abbey’s teenager-sounding statement, “Yeah, I like that movie too, but not because of Heath.”

Abbey handed JC the last plate to put away. He put it on the shelf and walked towards the doorway, “Ladies first,” he said with his hand gesturing forward for her to walk out first.

Abbey thanked JC and walked out the door towards the living room with him following her.

JC is such a gentleman. He makes me feel like a princess, although he can make anyone feel like a princess. Why me? I am the last person he would like anyway, so I don’t know why I am getting my hopes up.

Abbey got to the living room and looked on the love seat at Justin and Madelyn. She motioned to JC to come and look at them. JC and Abbey stood next to each other staring at the two on the couch. Justin and Madelyn both had fallen asleep. What made the picture so cute was that Justin’s arm had fallen across Madelyn’s back and she had her head against his chest. They looked so cute and JC and Abbey awed at the sight.

Both of them turned to sit on the couch to watch the movie. They sat down and began to talk as the movie played. “Do the other guys know Maddie and I are here?” Abbey said as she sat Indian style on the end of the couch opposite to JC.

“Yes, they know but to keep it a secret from Lance you guys aren’t going to see them until his birthday. They are keeping Lance busy to make sure he doesn’t stop at our place without me or Justin knowing.” JC explained.

“That’s a good idea. So when we do celebrate Lance’s birthday, are we going to surprise him here?” Abbey asked.

“Yes. We will have you guys hide somewhere upstairs and then you will come downstairs and surprise him. Maybe we will get him to go upstairs. We haven’t decided exactly, but we will talk about it tomorrow morning with Justin and Madelyn before he comes over,” JC answered looking back at Abbey.

“Ok,” Abbey said. The two of them stared at each other for a few seconds and Abbey slowly turned her head back to the TV. JC watched her as she spoke again, “Oh, this is one of my favorite parts. This is where William first meets Jocelyn.”

Abbey noticed JC didn’t say anything so she turned her head and found him staring at her. He quickly turned his head to the TV and barely acknowledged the movie. He tried to hide the fact that he wasn’t paying attention to the movie and had his full attention on her but it didn’t work.

Abbey was scared of the thought that JC was staring at her and possibly liked her. She couldn’t understand why she was scared because she had liked him also. “I think I need some fresh air. I’m going to go outside for a little bit.”

“Ok,” JC answered as he shook his head at himself. That was wonderful. Just scare the crap out of the girl by giving her a death stare. I don’t understand why I am having such a hard time telling her. My gestures should be enough to tell the whole world.

JC was never afraid to tell a girl that he liked her but this time was different. Although he couldn’t figure it out, Justin and Madelyn both knew that it would take a lot of courage for him to confess his love for her. The relationship that Abbey and JC led was perfect and Madelyn and Justin knew that JC would have a hard time confessing. JC was afraid of destroying their relationship and being rejected. All he wanted was to love and protect her.

__________________________________________________



Abbey walked out on the patio leading to the backyard. Only a few stars were out and there were some clouds hanging around the moon but it still was a beautiful night in Abbey’s opinion. There was a slight wind, but not bitter cold, a little chilly but Abbey was fine at the moment. She walked out into the grass towards the hammock they had set up and laid down in it looking at the sky.

Abbey had a song stuck in her head and she couldn’t remember who sang it so she decided to sing out loud to try to figure it out. She started out humming the tune to get it in her head and then began to sing…

Ooh, I got a crush on you
I hope you feel the way that I do
I get a rush when I’m with you
Ooh, I’ve got a crush on you

You know I’m the one that you can talk to
And sometimes you tell me things that I don’t want to know
I just want to hold you
And you say exactly how you feel about her
And I wonder, could you ever think of me that way

Ooh, I got a crush on you
I hope you feel the way that I do
I get a rush when I’m with you
Ooh, I’ve got a crush on you


Abbey stopped singing and tried to think of the artist who sang the song she just sang. She thought while looking up at the stars when the silence was interrupted by a person’s voice.

“Mandy Moore, Crush. A good song I haven’t heard in a long time,” JC said as he walked out of the house toward Abbey. “I brought you my jacket, I thought you might be cold.”

JC handed Abbey his jean jacket and Abbey responded, “Thanks. I was getting a little bit cold. I didn’t think the breeze was that chilly until now. I was going to come inside anyway.” Abbey put on JC’s jacket and looked back up at the sky. “Beautiful, isn’t it?”

“The sky? It’s not that clear, but I’ve seen things more beautiful than the sky,” JC slyly slipped in trying to hint to Abbey that he was talking about her.

Abbey tried to push the remark to the back of her mind but she couldn’t do it. “It’s not the stars and moon that create the sky’s beauty. It’s all its surroundings and how a person translates their feelings and emotions in the sky. See the moon? It’s waiting for its break to come through. The moonlight pushes its way through the clouds hoping to get out. And the stars all come out slowly but surely. Eventually all of them will appear for a more beautiful picture.”

“Wow,” JC said, “I’ve never heard anyone say something more expressive and beautiful in my life. Did you hear that from someone you know?”

Abbey didn’t answer back, she just looked at JC and then turned back to staring at the sky.

__________________________________________________



Justin woke up and found Madelyn lying on top of him. He noticed how cute Madelyn looked when she was sleeping. He also noticed how comfortable he had been with her in his arms. He got a feeling of hope and love when he saw this beautiful girl safe in his arms. Justin didn’t know what to think of this feeling, so he figured it was a feeling of love toward someone you think of as family.

He laid his head back on the arm of the couch and thought about the situation with Britney. He knew that this break up would make a major change in both of their lives. From this moment on he knew in the back of his head that they wouldn’t be together again.

A tear formed and slid down Justin’s cheek just thinking about all the time he spent with her thinking it was true love. Justin didn’t know what to think of his and Britney’s relationship. Was it true love? Will I ever find someone who loves me again? What if Britney was the right one and we are making a mistake?

Justin had so many thoughts running through his mind. He couldn’t handle it anymore and tears flowed out of his eyes. He cried silently trying not to wake Madelyn. He reached his hand up to his forehead and covered it and part of his eyes to hide his tears.

About five minutes passed and Justin had stopped crying. He gently laid his arm back to its previous spot around Madelyn’s back. He sat there thinking about what was happening in his life and what he was to do.

Madelyn woke up when she felt Justin’s arm being placed back around her again. “Justin? Are you awake?”

Justin cleared his throat and answered, “Yeah, I’ve been awake for a few minutes. I didn’t want to wake you up so I just stayed here.”

Madelyn sat up and Justin fixed his position on the couch. Madelyn noticed that Justin’s eyes looked a little red but she didn’t want to ask. She knew that he had just broken up with Britney and Madelyn knew how that feeling was so she decided not to say anything. “I wonder where Abbey and JC are,” Madelyn said.

“I don’t know. They weren’t in here when I woke up,” Justin answered. “But I wouldn’t worry she’s in good hands if they went off somewhere.”

“Oh, no, I wouldn’t worry if she was with him. I was just wondering.”

They both sat in silence and looked at each other. Madelyn was the first one to burst. “I can’t take it anymore. JC likes Abbey. I got it out! I had to tell someone so I wouldn’t tell Abbey.”

Justin laughed and said, “I know what you mean. When I found out that he liked her I was so happy for him! I told him he needed to do something about it right away, but he wants to do it his own way. Yesterday he was daydreaming about her and it must have been intense because I told him there were naked girls running across the basketball court and he didn’t even budge. I had to scream at him to snap him out of it.”

Madelyn laughed, “Great way to get his attention. I caught Abbey thinking about him too. She was all gleamy-eyed and in her own world thinking about him.”

“How perfect is that? Both of them are head over heels for each other. We need to get them together if they don’t do it first,” Justin said.

“Abbey hasn’t liked a guy or even thought about a guy since Nick and she needs someone to love and care for her. It’s been almost two years since she got her heart broken by him.”

“I remember when that happened. It was right after we met you. I just wanted to kill that guy and I hardly knew him none-the-less you two.”

“Don’t worry I got it through to him that if he ever thought about coming near Abbey again he better watch out,” Madelyn said with anger in her voice.

“Relax Maddie. He’s gone,” Justin said as he touched Madelyn’s hand squeezing it.

Madelyn took a deep breath and said, “I know he’s gone, it just makes me so angry to think about him and what he did to Abbey.” Madelyn was thrilled when Justin was affectionate with her. But this time was different. Madelyn felt something when he touched her. She couldn’t explain the feeling but she knew she had never felt it before and it must be something good.

“I know, me too, but that’s in the past,” Justin assured Madelyn. “Let’s finish watching the movie and then I’m going to bed. And I’m sure JC and Abbey will be back from where ever they ran off to by then.”

“Ok,” Madelyn answered.

There was a moment of silence and then Justin interrupted it. “You can lie back down on me if you want,” he suggested hoping that Madelyn would say yes. Even though he and Madelyn were just friends he still loved it when she felt safe around him. He loved to hug her and hold her when she needed someone. Abbey was never one to be affectionate and Justin never understood that, but Madelyn was always affectionate. He sometimes couldn’t get enough of Madelyn.

Justin looked down at Madelyn and thought. Maybe this wouldn’t be such a bad relationship after all. I’ve always had a love for her, friendship and possibly more. All I know is that I need Madelyn to help me get through this.

“Sure,” Madelyn answered as she laid her head back down on Justin’s chest. Justin put his arm around her and felt Madelyn’s closeness once again. “A little Heath Ledger will cheer me up,” Madelyn said.

“What is it with girls and Heath Ledger?” Justin said.

“He’s hot! That’s what’s up with him and girls!” Madelyn said as Justin sighed and shook his head at her.

“Some people say me and Heath look a little bit alike,” Justin gloated.

“I would have to say you look nothing like him.”

“So, I'm still hot anyways!" Justin said as he did a little dance in his seat.

“Hey! There is someone on top of you. Stop rocking the boat!” Madelyn said. They both became silent and started to watch the movie again hoping that the other wouldn’t notice what was going on between them.

__________________________________________________



“I’m going to go back inside to see if Justin and Madelyn have gone to bed, would you like to join me?” JC asked.

“Thanks, but no thanks. I think I am going to sit out here for a few more minutes,” Abbey said as she began to take off JC’s jacket.

JC put up his hand and said, “You can keep it on. I brought it out here for you anyway.”

“Thanks,” Abbey answered.

JC walked back towards the house and thought about how different Abbey was. He knew she grew up with brothers and many boy cousins, but he didn’t think she would be like she is. He thought she would be a little spoiled since she was the only girl but she was the complete opposite. She was always giving up things for other people or declining the smallest gestures. She always put other people before herself. It made JC want to treat her more like a princess. He wanted to tell her she deserved a lot of things that she never took. He wanted to show her that she was the world to him.

__________________________________________________



JC walked in as the movie Justin and Madelyn were watching finished. Justin and Madelyn noticed JC leaning against the doorway looking down. JC seemed to be thinking so Justin cleared his throat loud to get his attention.

“Oh, hey you guys,” JC said as he walked near them. “I was just going upstairs and I wanted to see if you guys were still awake.”

“Yeah. I was just going to go to bed,” Justin answered.

Madelyn looked around and saw that Abbey wasn’t in the room. “Did Abbey go to bed already?”

“No. She’s outside in the hammock.”

“Ok. Thanks,” Madelyn said as she got up.

“Well I am going to go to bed,” Justin said.

“Me too,” JC said. JC leaned over to Madelyn and said goodnight as he kissed her cheek.

Justin also said goodnight and leaned over but he kissed her lightly on the lips. Justin had always kissed the girls on the lips, a peck of course, but this time he wanted to kiss Madelyn on the lips in hopes of her noticing his feelings at that moment. Madelyn smiled and say goodnight to them both and walked towards the door leading to the backyard.

Justin stood there and watched her walk out the doorway and then looked back at JC. “So how did things go with Abbey?”

“I have a lot to tell you about what happened today,” JC answered, “..but you seem to have a lot going on yourself.”

“I have a feeling we are going to be up for a long time,” Justin said.

They both walked together up the stairs as JC began telling Justin about Abbey as Justin interrupted with comments about Madelyn.

__________________________________________________



Madelyn walked outside with a humungous grin spread across her face. Abbey was still looking up at the stars when she heard someone walking. She turned her head and saw it was Madelyn. “Hey Maddie. How was the movie?”

“It was good. I slept through most of it though,” Madelyn answered.

“Yeah, you and Justin looked cute sleeping together on the couch. You guys make a cute couple.”

“Funny you mention that,” Madelyn started then hesitated on her next thought, “I think I have a thing for Justin. I know it’s too early to tell because of Dan and everything but I am feeling something I have never felt before. And he kissed me before I came out here.”

“He kissed you? Wait, did he kiss you or did he kiss-kiss you?” Abbey eagerly asked.

“It was just a peck but I don’t know. It was a little longer then a peck but not a real kiss. All I know is that I was flipping out because I wanted him to kiss-kiss me. Abbey I don’t know what I am thinking right now!”

Madelyn started to fall off into a daydream when Abbey began to talk. “You are not alone. I can’t figure out my own feelings either. I know I like JC but I am afraid of something bad happening. Maybe I am paranoid because of the whole situation with Nick but I can’t stop thinking about JC. I even dreamed about him today. He woke me up and I thought I was still dreaming and I did the dumbest thing ever,” Abbey continued as Madelyn leaned forward to hear what happened, “I leaned right in and kissed him on the mouth. Not just a kiss-peck thing, I kissed the boy.”

“Wow, we have some major problems girl! My opinion is just to let things go and whatever happens, happens. The future may surprise you. When and if you feel like you need to tell JC that you are totally into him then do it. Good things take time, and I promise you they are coming.”

“I hope so,” Abbey paused, “So what exactly led up to you falling asleep on Justin and this kiss?" Abbey asked.

__________________________________________________


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki