Desperate Love by TonyaB


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Desperate Love

Or you can read it here....


Desperate Love


Dark, billowing clouds hung in the sky. No stars were shining; the moon gave no soothing light. The only illumination came from the headlights of the white Dodge Viper as it cruised down the winding mountain road. A clap of thunder sounded, followed quickly by the bright flash of lightning. A storm was brewing.

The driver of the white vehicle should have slowed down in lieu of the coming storm; instead, he kept going faster. The brake pedal never entered his mind. Rain began to come down in torrents. Visibility was cut dramatically. He couldn't see more than a few feet in front of the vehicle.

The faster he drove, the more he hoped she would just shut up. Since they had left the party, she had been upset with him. Of course, he talked to his ex-girlfriend, Deidre, but all they did was talk. For the life of him, he couldn't seem to figure out why that had her so damned angry.

Coming up on a sharp curve, he cut the steering wheel harshly, much too steeply for the weather conditions. The tires on the back of the Dodge Viper slipped on the wet pavement. The car began to hydroplane. It spun uncontrollably. He tried his best to get it back under control. He turned the steering wheel in the direction the backend of the car was sliding, to no avail. He lightly tapped his brakes. Nothing was working. His fiancée did grow quiet, but her blue eyes grew large, as her hands reached out and grabbed a hold of the dashboard.

Panic began to fill him and his fiancée, when the guardrail came into clear view. He pushed the brakes with all the strength he could muster. The car didn't stop. The vehicle crashed through the guardrail with a shriek of metal hitting against metal. It careened over the edge of the road and dived down the mountain.


One Year Later


Why? That one lone word echoed continuously through his mind. Each night he prayed that God would give him enough insight to understand. Even now, lying in his bed, staring up at the ceiling in the darkened room, he longed for the answer.

Justin Timberlake felt the tears forming in the corners of his deep blue eyes. He pinched the bridge of his nose in hopes it would ward them off, but he knew it would be useless. Once the lights went out for the night, the loneliness kicked in and then the tears came. They always came.

He missed Bethany. His very soul called out for her, but she was no longer there. He'd never be able to hold her or kiss her lips. He'd never be able to caress her face and chase away her fears. His heart ached. He needed her in his life. Why did God have to take her away? There was that word again. Justin shook his head. It would always be there and he knew it.

Unable to take the silence that enshrouded him, he sat up in the bed and threw his legs over the side. The hardwood floor felt cold beneath his bare feet and a shiver went through him. Trying his best to ignore the chilliness and the tears, which slowly fell down his cheeks, he stood to his feet and made his way over to his closet. Throwing the closet door open, he chose the first articles of clothing that were presented to him. He yanked the clothing off the hangers and the hangers swung back in forth haphazardly, clinging and clanging.

Quickly, he put on the pair of light colored blue jeans and black t-shirt. He reached down, grabbed a pair of Nike tennis shoes. Justin didn't worry about retrieving a pair of socks. He would have no need for them on this night. He sat back down on the bed long enough to clad his feet, then he was off again in search of his keys. He had to get out of there. He was going slowly insane and he just couldn't take it anymore.

Justin flew through his house like a mad man as he searched room after room looking for his car keys. His eyes were red after all the tears he had shed. His short dark blonde hair was in complete disarray. He didn't care. His life was over. Without Bethany, life just wasn't worth living.

Finally, the kitchen came into view. As his eyes scanned the cooking area, they spied what they had been searching for lying on the ceramic green tile of the counter top. He walked over to his keys, grabbed them, and headed straight to the back door. Without a look back, without locking the door behind him, he walked out into the warm summer night and pulled the door closed behind him.

He gripped his keys tightly as he walked to the driveway. A light breeze blew and ran its delicate, wispy fingers through his hair. He inhaled the fresh scent of summer flowers blooming in the garden that went along the walkway, yet none of it enlightened his senses. None of it made him feel better.

His light blue Escalade looked almost gray in the silvery moonlight. He pushed the button on the keyless remote on his keychain and the lights of the SUV lit up as he heard the click of the doors unlocking.

Slowly Justin opened the door and slid into the driver's seat. He slammed the door shut and placed the key into the ignition, but he stopped before he started the engine. His hands found the steering wheel and gripped it so tightly that his knuckles turned white. He stared out the windshield and at the circular driveway before him. The night of the accident was the last time he had been behind the wheel of a vehicle until now.

The car careened over the edge of the road. For a moment, everything was still; everything was quiet. No frogs croaked, no crickets sang, no wind blew, and the raging thunderstorm even seemed to pause to see their fate. The car acted like it was suspended by safety cables over the ravine of no return for a brief second, which was like an eternity to the two-held captive within its grasp. He held his breath, squeezed his dark blue eyes closed and said a quick silent prayer. He did those things even though he knew it would do no good. This was the end for both him and Bethany. They were going to die.

The vehicle started to fall at increasing speeds. He felt like he was on some carnival ride. His stomach turned somersaults as the escalating downward spiral was felt throughout his body. His girlfriend shrilly screamed. The sound echoed in his ears so loudly he thought his ear drums would burst.

The front end of the car tilted forward. It looked like an Olympic diver going for the gold. The force tossed the couple forward. The steering wheel crashed painfully into his chest, knocking the air out of him. Bethany screamed loudly as the windshield gave way. The nose of the car hit a protruding rocky ledge of the mountain. The car turned and teetered on the ledge then slipped off, falling upside down.

After a final midair flip, with a deafening crushing, crinkling sound of the metal giving way and glass exploding out of their positions, the car stopped its descent as quickly as it started. Even though the time felt infinite, it was only a matter of seconds. The white Dodge Viper found its way to the bottom of the mountain, the ravine for the last time. Suddenly there was quietness; Bethany's screams were cut off forever.

At first, he wanted to fight. He slowly, painfully turned his head toward the passenger seat and found it empty. Bethany was gone. She had been thrown out. He wanted to move, to find her, to be with her but he couldn't.

Fear and grief seized him. He could barely see. It was so dark. The rain started to fall in torrents once again. This was it, he was sure of it.

Peace quickly begun to fill Justin as the corners of his vision began to darken. His head felt woozy, he shook all over. He couldn't catch his breath. He couldn't move an inch. A silent tear passed his eyelids. He wanted Bethany. He gave himself over to the darkness that surrounded him.



Justin shook his head. He tried to forget that night, but no matter what he tried, the memory stayed firmly embedded in his mind. It would be there permanently, he knew that. There would be no erasing it. There would be no magic cure, which a psychiatrist could bestow on him. Nothing would work. He had to remember. He was cursed to recall every single detail. The vivid memories of that night were nothing more than his punishment. A sentence he believed he deserved to endure for the rest of what would be his short life.

He was the one who was behind the wheel that forsaken night. He felt the wind ripping around the car, causing it to sway back in forth as if it was nothing more than a rag doll. He saw the windshield wipers fight the losing battle trying to keep the torrential rain from blocking his vision. He felt, through the way, the car was handling, that the tires weren't gripping the wet road appropriately. Yet, he kept the pedal to the metal. In his mind that night, he blamed Bethany for his reckless driving. What harm did talking to Deidre do? He felt he was right and that she was wrong. He let his pride get in the way of his better judgment. He was the one who made all the damned mistakes that night, but in the end, she ended up paying the ultimate price.

He ran the fingers of his left hand through his tousled blondish colored hair. He was such an idiot, no, worse, he thought, he was completely, utterly an asshole. He had it all in his hands; everything he had ever wanted was in his grasp. His future looked bright. His career was going at full throttle. He had money and he had fame. He had the love of his life by his side every step of the way. Then a moment of weakness, when he picked up the beer and fell for Deidre's ploy, turned everything upside down. His world crumbled at his feet in the blink of an eye. No turning back. No passing go and collecting 200 dollars. No waking up and finding out that what he thought was real was nothing more than a horrible nightmare. It was over. With Bethany gone, he felt as though he was dead himself. Without her, he felt lost, empty inside. She was the air he breathed; the very power that made his heart beat in rhythm. She was his entire reason for living, for accomplishing all he did in his life. A tear slipped quietly down his cheek. He felt the warm wetness, but made no attempt to remove the source. He wished repeatedly that he had died right along with her. He wanted nothing more than to depart this life and see her again, to be with her in Heaven.

Taking a deep breath, his mind made up, Justin turned the key in the ignition. The engine of the SUV roared to life. He absently flipped the headlights on bright. This was it; there would be no turning back. He shifted the Escalade into drive, pushed the gas pedal, and took off down the driveway.

He knew exactly where he was going. He knew the exact hour that all the pain would all end. After all, it was the one-year anniversary of Bethany's death. He couldn't think of a better time to go through with his plan.

"I'll see you tonight, baby. I'm coming to be with you." He said silently as he drove on.

********************



She walked slowly through the cascading trees leading down toward the road. Her footsteps were so light that they were not audible. The long white dress flowed around her legs as she moved. The dress's actions made it appear that she was floating along, instead of walking. She wrapped her arms tightly around her chest.

Her light blue eyes kept vigil on the road below her. No trigs broke beneath her feet as she made her descent. The trees didn't try to reach out and snag her delicate flesh with their branches. The forest seemed to divide just enough to allow her safe passage. It was as if nature knew what she had to do and it would not hinder her in any way.

She had to make sure she was on time. A prayer was continuously on her lips. She couldn't let him go through with this foolishness. She had to make him see the truth. A silent tear glimmered faintly in the moonlight as it slid down her pale cheek.

The roar of an engine caught her attention. She looked down toward the road and saw twin twinkling lights quickly heading in her direction. Her heart leaped into her throat. This was it. In an instant, she was no longer in the woods, but alongside the road, beside a newly placed guardrail. At first hints of the silver metal seemed to be visible through her, but like a flash, she was solid, flesh. Her slender fingers nervously played with the diamond solitaire ring, which would rest forever on her left hand. It would be the everlasting reminder of the love she once possessed on Earth, of the love she still felt within her soul, a love she would cherish for infinite.

The vehicle moved closer and she could distinguish that it was a full sized SUV. She knew it was him. Without wasting a second, she moved a few feet closer to the road.

**********


He drove like a man on a mission. Justin's eyes were squinted as he concentrated on the road ahead. His breath came to him slowly. He was totally relaxed and confident in what he was about to do. He wasn't scared. In fact, he was exhilarated. It was what he wanted. He was going to be with Bethany and no one or nothing would stop him.

Rounding a bend, he glanced at his watch. It wouldn't be long now. Just a few more minutes and it would all be over and done. He would no longer hurt. He would no longer grieve. Putting his attention back on the deserted highway, his eyes grew huge as he saw a woman suddenly appear, right on the white line, beside the road. His eyes blinked quickly. He shook his head. The color drained out of his face. He looked like he had seen a ghost.

The woman stood confidently and showed no sign of budging. She just stood there as calmly as she would have done in church, standing before a pew and singing a hymn of worship. No trepidation covered her face; there was no fear that he would accidentally hit her.

"My God!" He said as he instinctively slammed on the brakes.

The tires of the light blue SUV screamed as they skidded to a stop. Justin closed his eyes and held his breath. This couldn’t be real, he kept repeating to himself. Slowly, assuring himself that it was safe and that he was reasonably sane, he reopened his eyes. The woman was still there. She had moved out into the middle of the road, standing not even a foot from the hood of the Escalade.

Justin stared at the woman in front of him through the windshield. His hands gripped the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles were turning ethereal white. He shook his head. He had to be dreaming. There was no way he could be seeing what he thought he saw before him. He clamped his eyes closed then opened them quickly; she was still there.

Her hair was the most beautiful shade of butterscotch brown he had ever seen. It was curled lightly at the ends as it cascaded down her back. Her light blue eyes twinkled in the moonlight. A warm, peaceful smile rested on her lovely pink mouth. The long white flowing dress was without wrinkle and fit her frame perfectly. A golden cross necklace lay in the hollow of her throat.

"No, it can't be." He said aloud and his voice sounded alien to his own ears. His head went from side to side. He couldn't comprehend what was happening to him. He knew he wasn't dead yet, so how was Bethany Rogers standing there?

It's a dream. This has to be a dream, he kept telling himself. He sat still as stone in the driver's seat staring at the beautiful vision. Still at home in bed, he tried to convince himself. That has to be it.

Gracefully, she raised a hand. With her fingers, she beckoned him out of the vehicle. Justin sat there, unsure for a moment. He rubbed his eyes then pinched the bridge of his nose. He thought about his dream theory a second more. Deciding to put it to the test, he let his right hand pinch his left forearm. It hurt! He had his answer. He was wide-awake.

Without knowing he was doing so, Justin's hand took hold of the door handle. He pulled it toward him and the door popped open. A light dinging sound was heard. Slowly, taking a deep breath, he slid his left leg out of the SUV, then his right. When his feet hit the pavement, he felt like he was waist deep in water. His legs felt like concrete. He couldn't move.

Justin's eyes darted over toward Bethany. For the briefest of moments, he thought she was there to get her revenge on him. Fear seized him lightly, then that thought was completely gone as fast as it had entered his mind.

The woman slowly made her way to Justin. When she reached him, she lifted her hand and gently caressed his cheek. Her eyes weren't filled with malice, but the complete opposite, love.

"B...B...Bethany?" Justin stuttered, confused and amazed at the same time.

She shook her head affirmatively. Her smile never wavered.

"Why?" He felt idiotic for the one-word questions, yet that was all he could utter.

"Why am I here?" Bethany asked, finishing his sentence in death as she once did in life. Her voice was soft and velvety.

A shiver went down Justin's spine. If any doubt clouded his mind, it was gone now. Bethany was standing before him. He would recognize her voice anywhere. He had never heard a voice as feminine as hers before or since knowing her.

"Yeah," Justin's voice quivered the single utterance.

"I'm here just for you, JT. I'm here to stop you from making one of the biggest mistakes in your life."

Tears started flowing from Justin's eyes. He couldn't stop the flood if he wanted to. It had felt like a million years had passed since someone called him JT. That was her little name for him, and since she had died, he did not allow anyone else to call him that.

"The biggest mistake I ever made was when I killed you." Justin said slowly, through sniffles as he tried to control some of the emotions, which were coursing through his body.

"That wasn't your fault, JT. You must understand that."

Justin shook his head crazily. "It is my fault, Beth! I was driving! I wrecked! I killed you!" The emotions racked his body so hard; he fell to his knees. He buried his head into his hands.

Bethany followed suit and knelt down in front of him. She ran her fingers through his messy dark blonde hair. "No, don't do this anymore. It wasn't your fault. It never was." She spoke just as slowly and soothingly as she would to a child who had fallen off their bike and skinned their knee.

"It is!" Justin exclaimed back, looking up at her.

The sadness in his eyes broke her heart. She had to take a deep breath and ask God for strength and guidance.

"If anyone was the blame that night, it was me. I’m the one who kept going on and on about something that didn’t even matter. I was the one who didn’t fasten my seatbelt, JT. It was never your fault. It was simply my time to go.”

Justin just stared at the beauty before him. He heard her words, yet they wouldn’t register in his mind. He shook his head negatively, slowly. “No,” he whispered, lowering his gaze toward the ground. “It would have never happened if I didn’t screw it up. I know that deep down in my heart.”

Bethany hooked a finger under his chin and lifted his head. She looked him straight in the eyes. “And I know deep down in my heart that’s not the truth. God called me home because it was my time. There was nothing you could have done to stop it. Believe me when I tell you this, JT. It’s time for you to quit blaming yourself. It’s time for you,” she paused and drew a deep breath. “It’s time for you to go on living now. You’ve grieved for too long. Find happiness again, JT.”

“Not without you.”

“You have too.”

Justin found the strength to reclaim his footing. He walked a few feet away from Bethany, stopping at the guardrail. He plunged his hands deep into the pockets of his jeans as he stared down into the ravine, the very ravine that caused his Dodge Viper to crumple up like a piece of paper when it fell to the bottom a year ago.

Bethany reached her feet. She stared at Justin’s slumped, defeated form. She watched the steady rise and fall of his shoulders with each breath he took. She made her way over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders. Slowly she allowed her hands to rub up and down his back. She could feel his muscles ripple beneath her touch. It killed her to be this close to him, knowing she couldn’t keep this form for much longer. She was always with him, yet it wasn’t the same as it was now. Now she could touch him, hold him, and kiss him.

A shiver flew down Justin’s spine as he leaned more into her touch. Feelings that hadn’t been awoken in a long time surged forth. He longed for so long for this touch, to hear her silky voice, to be able to reach out and touch her. Suddenly, he turned around and put his arms around her waist. She felt real. She felt solid. Her soft skin was warm to his touch as he gently raised his right hand and caressed her cheek. It felt like no time had passed at all since he last held her; she felt the same in his arms.

“The only way I can go on is if you stay here with me, Beth.” He said quietly, staring deep into her sky blue eyes.

She bit the fullness of her pink bottom lip as she fought to keep the tears she felt welling up in the corners of her eyes at bay. “I can’t, JT. You know that.”

“Then I come with you.”

“You can’t do that either.”

“Yes, I can.”

“No, you can’t.” Bethany replied softly. “There are a lot of things you have to accomplish here. There are many great things yet to come for you, JT. Just trust me.”

“Without you, it means nothing!” Justin shot back. “Why can’t you let me be happy?
Why can’t you just let me die so I can be with you?”

“Because I can’t. I want to see you live, JT. I want to see you happy! The things that are coming up for you are things you’ve wanted for years. You can’t throw all that away for me, because I don’t want you too. Your life, for now, is here!”

“You’re the only thing I want. You’re the only thing that will make me happy!”

“And I’m there with you every step of the way, JT! I’m there every night when you’re lying in the bed crying. I hear the words of anguish that pass your lips when you think no one is around. I know how you’re isolating yourself from everyone and everything you once held dear. I’m there right beside you in spirit! I’ll never leave you!”

Justin grew quiet as he let his arms slide from her waist and find their way back to his sides. He turned away from her and once more, his eyes strayed back to the ravine. Thoughts of just falling over, plummeting to his death, entered his mind. Bethany didn’t understand. How could she ask such a huge request of him? She wasn’t the one who had to go on without the single person she loved more than anything in this world. He did! It wasn’t fair of her. She asked way too much of him. He wanted his life to be over and he was going to accomplish that goal one way or the other, tonight.

“Even if that’s true, it’s not the same.” He said silently. He leaned forward slightly. He titter tottered on the edge of the drop off. Quickly, Bethany’s hand reached out, grabbed a hold of one of his solid biceps, and stopped his motion. He turned and looked at her with contempt in his marine colored eyes.

“I’ll give you that! It can never be the way it was, but you cannot give up! You have to learn how to live without me, to be happy again. You have the strength in you to fight, JT. Find it!”

“I don’t want to fight! I don’t want to learn how to live without you! Can’t you get it? All I want is to be with you, in life or death, it doesn’t matter to me!”

Bethany moved a step closer to Justin, never relinquishing her hold on his arm. She looked down at the ground beneath her feet and rubbed her brow, before glancing back up at him. “Your life might not mean a thing to you, but it does to me! I love you, Justin Timberlake! I do not want to see you do something as foolish as killing yourself because of me! I want to see you go on with your life. I want to see you reach or exceed all your goals! If you can’t find a reason in you to go on, if you love me as much as you act like you do, then do it for me!”

Those words took Justin completely by surprise. He just stared silently at Bethany for what seemed like eternity.

Bethany released her grip on his bicep and her hand slid down his arm until her fingers intertwined with his. She leaned up against him and instinctively Justin’s free arm went around her waist.

“Please, JT, do it for me.” She said softly watching the mix of emotions that flashed across his face. “Do you think everything that has happened in the last year makes me happy? Do you think I get enjoyment out of watching you dissipate in your grief? If you do, you’re wrong. It breaks my heart. I want to see that gorgeous smile of yours. I want to see you moving on, being happy, then so can I, instead of blaming myself for what’s happening to you.”

Justin leaned his head down on top of hers. Bethany’s soft, silky hair tickled his nose as he inhaled the familiar scent of lilacs that was her trademark fragrance. His body impulsively snuggled closer to hers as he tightly squeezed his eyes closed. His arm had a death grip around Bethany’s slender waist. He didn’t want this moment to end. Yet, he knew that if he didn’t go through with his plan that it would. He would have to let her go and move on. Could he do it? Did he want to do it? The word confusion didn’t even come close to explain the battle that was raging within his mind.

Bethany laid her head on his chest and heard the steady beat of his heart. It was strong and perfectly in rhythm. She took great pleasure in the sound. Even though, her very own heart screamed out her love for Justin, she knew without a doubt what she was doing was the right thing. The best gift she could give him now was to set him free. She would be enlightened with his gorgeous smile, his brilliantly mischievous oceanic blue eyes instead of the grief that transcended death as much as it did in life. It wasn’t easy for her to watch him suffer. It brought her discontent to no end. With her gift of release, they would both be finally at peace and he could move on with his life, as it was predestined.

“I love you so much, Bethany.” Justin whispered as she encircled his neck with her free arm.

“I love you too, JT.” She raised her head at the same moment he looked down into her face.

Slowly, his head lowered. His eyes closed as his lips delicately brushed over Bethany’s. His eyes opened briefly, asking Bethany without words, if it would be okay to kiss her once more. Bethany lightly shook her head.

Without wasting time, Justin raised a hand and ran it lovingly down her cheek, looking deep into her eyes as he lowered his head. He wanted to etch each thought, every sensation from each second of this encounter into his mind. He never wanted to forget the gift that God had given him.

In that instant, his decision was made. There was no way he could turn down the last request she made of him. How could he, in his right mind, hurt the woman he loved, the woman, no matter what the future held for him, he would always love.

Justin’s mouth took Bethany’s possessively, lovingly. He wrapped both of his arms around her and held her in a strong, secure embrace. Bethany leaned into Justin, almost getting lost within him, in the old feelings he was evoking from her. She held his body against hers steadily, reveling in the moment, knowing all too soon that it would be over. When he allowed his tongue to ask her secretly for permission to enter her mouth, she fully obliged as the kiss deepened.

Without truly knowing so, this was the good bye they never got to say, the good bye spoken without words, the good bye they both so desperately needed to let go. Their bodies clung to one another as their tongues danced in the age-old dance of love. They each reveled in the moment, not taking a second for granted.

With the final lingering peck on the lips, the kiss broke. Bethany allowed her arms to fall back to her sides. She fought the tears, which were welling up in her eyes. This was it. She could feel it all over her body. She felt tingly and weak. She knew she couldn’t keep this form much longer. She would have to leave him. Gracefully, she ran her right hand slowly down his cheek before taking a step a way from him.

Justin shook his head. He seemed to know what was transpiring without her telling him. He was more accepting of the truth, he knew he would have to let her go, yet he didn’t want to do it this soon.

“I have to go now, JT.” Bethany said. Through the weakness she felt, she managed a brilliant smile.

“So, soon,” Justin questioned stepping closer to her.

Bethany nodded her head positively slowly. “You’re going to be okay, now, JT. That’s why I came; to make sure you would be happy and that you would live your life to the fullest.”

“I’m just scared, Beth. I feel so alone.” Justin reached out his hand and laid it on her shoulder.

“You’re never alone, JT. I am always around you. Just let go of the grief and look. I’m positive your senses will be able to feel me there.” She leisurely raised her hands and brought them around behind her neck. In a flash, she had her necklace unhooked. Tenderly, she took hold of his hand, which was on her shoulder, and placed her golden cross necklace within his grasp. “I will always love you, Justin Timberlake.” She said quietly, looking right into his eyes, holding his hand tightly.

“I’ll always love you, Beth, always and forever.” Justin replied as a single tear slipped from the confines of his eyelid and slid down his cheek.

“Go and make me proud.” Bethany said as she moved backwards. With each step, a light seemed to exude from her making her glow; it grew brighter with each movement. The wind picked up and blew her butterscotch hair out behind her like a veil. “I love you.” She whispered as the light suddenly got so bright, it momentarily blinded Justin, and he had to raise a hand to shield his eyes.

When Justin lowered his arm, she disappeared from sight in a single flash. The wind died back down to a gentle warm summer breeze. He hit his knees and out stretched his arms. “Bethany,” he whispered as his arms went limp and fell into his lap. A few stray tears found their way to his cheeks.

As he sat in front of his light blue Escalade, on his knees, he looked down at his hands and at the object still tightly clasped in one of them, Bethany’s necklace. Everything that happened was real, there would never be any denying that fact, when he had solid proof within his hands. Bethany had been here with him; if only briefly, she had been here…they had been together. Those thoughts echoed over and over in his mind. She had come back to save him and save him she did.

Slowly Justin reclaimed his footing as a small smile formed on his lips. He gazed up to the darken night sky with its full moon shining brightly and the millions of twinkling stars that stared back at him with their winking eyes. He breathed in the fresh summer scent that surrounded him. He heard the leaves ruffle in the breeze. For the first time in a year, he allowed himself the privilege to take in the beauty of nature that surrounded him day after day without feeling guilty.

Taking a deep breath, he walked over to the open driver’s side door of his Escalade. For the first time in a long time, he had actually had faith. He climbed into his full size SUV and closed the door. He knew it wouldn’t be easy moving on with his life. He knew his heart would never forget Bethany and the love they shared, but now because of that love, he found the strength he needed to go on with his life. He took the golden cross necklace that Bethany had entrusted him with and placed it on his rearview mirror for the time being. When he got home, he would find a safe, yet convenient place for it. That necklace would forever be a reminder of this night and of the love that saved him.

Justin fastened his seat belt and shifted the vehicle into drive. Slowly he turned around and headed back in the direction of his house. As he silently drove along, he noticed something he never noticed on his first journey of the night…the smell of lilacs filled his Escalade. His smile grew. Of course, he’d be okay; he had his very own guardian angel with him, looking out for him every step of the way.

The End!




















© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki