Karma by Bri


Number of reviews: 13
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I spent most of my morning sitting on the bed, looking at the positive pregnancy, then at the clock, then back at the test, before bursting into tears. I can't believe this. I cheated on my pregnant wife. I didn't even try calling her this morning, though I know behind all her anger she's devastated. I want to comfort her, I really do...but how? She'll never take me back after what I did. And Mamie, how could she put something in my drink that night? I didn't see it, but I know it. So much running through my mind right now, how can I handle---

The doorbell rang just as the hallway grandfather clock did its 10 'o clock chime. Sh*t. I forgot it was Sunday. Every Sunday morning when I'm in town, my mom comes over with donuts & coffee for breakfast. Basically get an update on how everything is doing & reading the newspaper, before heading to church with the rest of the family. I wonder if Hailey has called my mom already? I hope not. How am I going to break the news?

The doorbell rings a second time. I stumble down the stairs in my boxers, tears flowing down my face. Our pet mini-Chiuhauhua, Max, barks & nips at my ankles, causing me to move faster. I guess he heard what was going on last night too.

"Ouch! Max!" I say, as I make my way to the door. I knew that dog never liked me. It was always around Hailey. I open the door. My mom smiles for a second before seeing the sad look on my face.

"What's wrong?" My mom, Lynn, says, walking inside. I shut the door.

"A lot of things," I said, taking the boxes of donuts & setting them on a nearby table. I then join my mother on the couch in the living room.

"Justin," she says, automatically knowing that I lied. "Something is up."

I sigh. "Do you want the good news or the bad news?"

"Justin, just tell me," she says, with more concern. "Where's Hailey?"

"Ummm....somewhere," I reply. Hey, it was an honest answer.

She then gives me 'the look'. The "I-know-something-is-wrong-so-tell-me-now-because-I'm-your-mother" look.

I sigh again. "Well, the good news is...Hailey is pregnant."

My mom's face brightens for a second at the idea of having a grandchild. But soon grows back to a concerned look at the sight of my sad face. She grabs her coffee & takes a sip. "And the bad news?"

My eyes instantly fill up with tears again. "I... I....", I can't get the words out. How can you tell your mother, the one who taught you right, that you cheated? "...I...cheated on... her"

She drops her coffee & it spills on the brand-new carpet. My inner neat freak moves forward as if to clean it up, but I refuse. My mother has a shocked look on her face. "You what?"

I then tell her the entire story. All about Mamie, the drink, the party, Hailey's reaction, my guilt, everything. I then got ready for church, still breaking down in tears. As we were walking down the street to church, I could hear the whispering of my family walking behind me quietly telling each other the news. "Justin is getting a divorce." They didn't say more than that, most were still in shock. After our talk, My mother told me to call Hailey after church & that I needed to at least attempt to work things out. I want to talk to her, I want to work things out, I just don't know how.

As we were walking inside the half-full church, I got stares from everyone. A teenaged girl in the back was practically hyperventalating when I walked in. I try to smile, and wave, as I take my seat in the 3rd row. I get some strong stares from the elderly people nearby, I guess they know too.

I kneel down & begin to pray. "Dear god, give me the strength to work things out with Hailey."


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki