Karma by Bri


Number of reviews: 13
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I looked down at my T-Mobile Cell phone in my hands as I sat down on the couch. Why am I so nervous? Why? I punch a nearby pillow in frustration, again & again. But I quickly stop at a sudden thought. This reminds me of the 1st time we met...

It was in L.A., Club Neon, 4 Years ago this August. I had just broken up with Cameron 5 months earlier & wasn't about to give up my new-found freedom. It was Trace, Nelly & I...all hanging out in the club. It was late that summer evening, Trace & Nelly decided to leave early before their wives killed them. So, they left me to fend for my shy self in the club. I think one of the biggest misconceptions in the media about me is that I'm this socialite player. But really I'm just a shy, 1-girl kind of guy.

So I'm sitting there, ordering my 2nd bottle of Guiness, watching so many couples grooving & grinding on the nearby packed dance floor to the millionth & 1 remix of "Lean Back" with the annoying strobe lights. Besides me, there was 2 other people hanging on the bar near me, a couple. The guy was leaning back on the bar counter as he & his sleazy girlfriend made out. And usually I don't say those words about a girl...but when 10 minutes earlier the same exact girl was making out with another guy...I think she deserves that title. I have a tendency to observe people...that's how I come up with some songs of mine.

Speaking of some songs of mine, after the annoying remix of "Lean Back" came my latest single "I Won't Leave You Alone". The couples of the dance floor then began to slowly dance with each other to my new ballad. Despite what people might expect, I instantly rolled my eyes at the sound of it. I just got back from the European leg of the worldwide "Proven Wrong" tour...and I get tired of hearing my own music because of it.

I was about ready to get up from my bar stool to tell the DJ to change it when a girl casually bumped into me. It was Hailey, dressed in a jeans & a vintage David Bowie T-shirt. She had shoulder length auburn hair & wore thick, black, scientific glasses. She looks up at me, and jumped a little, before putting her hand to her mouth as she quietly gasped. I should be sused to this, but I found this experience to be cute. I was about to say 'Hi' when her blonde-haired friend behind her pushed her to the side a little & put her hand out.

"Hi," the outgoing blonde said. "I'm Jezebel."

I shook her hand & gave a fake smile, while taking glimpses at Hayley rubbing her arm after the hard push from Jezebel. Jezebel was the typical groupie. Her straight hair was long & platinum with dark brown eyes along with her almost orange skin. She was dressed in an oranage tube top with the word "Perfect" in glitter on it & a white skirt that barely covered her butt with flip-flops. I've seen this look many times before, & have grown tired of it. I was surprised to see that someone like Hayley would hang out with such a groupie like Hayley.

"So you're Justin Timberlake?" Jezebel asked, giggling & flirting with me. I rolled my eyes. Not this again.

She noticed my boredness, my eagerness to get away from her. But instead of listening to my "Get Away" signals...she continued to make her moves on me.

"So," she continued, leaning forward, causing me to lean back. "What are you doing tonight?" She began to twirl her hair as she smiled at me.

"I...." I began, not knowing what to say. "I...." I took a desperate glimpse of Hailey..she was walking away, obviously embarassed. Jezebel saw where I was looking & gave me an upset look. She leaned back, stepping away from me. Relieved, I leaned back to my original position.

"Call me," she said handing me a card. She obviously made them to hand out to random guys. She smiled as she walked away to join Hayley.

About an hour later, in the early hours of August 29...I was about ready to head out after hours of people-watching. I looked at Hailey & Jezebel's booth....only Hailey was there. I looked at the dance floor...the coast was clear. Jezebel was too busy to notice if I ever came to the booth considering that she was grinding with a guy about twice her age. It was then when I officially met Hayley.

She was startled when I suddenly sat down next to her in the booth.

"Look, I'm sorry about bumping into you....I didn't mean it, I swear, I just---" I silenced her cute rambling. She then felt calm.

We began to talk about the simple things, what's your favorite color, what are your goals in life, what's your favorite ride in Walt Disney World...were only some out of many questions we asked each other. I was pleasantly surprised that she didn't want to know anything about my career, love life, what other "celebrities" I met....she just wanted to know me. The real [i]me[/b].

"Alright," the DJ said. "Last Dance!" The DJ began to play another one of my songs, a remake of "I'm Going to Make You Love Me."

"Want to dance?" I asked.

"Well, I can't dance," she admitted.

"What do you mean you can't dance?!" I said, in a spontaneous voice that made her laugh. "I'll make you."

"Oh no you won't", she protested.

"Oh yes I will."

"Oh no you won't."

"Oh yes I will. C'mon the song is halfway over anyways. " I stuck out my bottom lip like a chilf pleading to his/her mom as a last attempt.

"I can't..." she started. "I have a boyfriend."


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki