Love Is Enough (Our Family Album Series part 4) by Coffee


Number of reviews: 105
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 1

"Someone's phone is ringing!"

" No one's here, no one's home. Don't answer it," Justin commanded.

McKayla waved him off and jogged up the stairs into their room to find the owner of the persistantly annoying ring. It was her cellphone.

"So that's where your hiding out."

"I'm not hiding Mom, we're saying hello to Justin's Dad before we get back to working 24/7."

"You couldn't come say 'hello' to your mother but you can 'hi' to Justin's Dad?"

"He was closer Ma."

"I'm really feeling the love here Kayla."

"I'm sorry Mom."

Lorraine sighed.

"So you're at his Dad's huh? You know I've barely spoken to Randy."

"And if have anything to do with it it'll stay that way."

"Why?"

"Because Mom, the in-laws aren't supposed to get along. Don't you wach TV?"

"I watch Golden Girls. And on Golden Girls their children come visit them every-."

"Mom," she groaned.

"Well I'm just saying."

"I know," McKayla looked up when Justin walked into the room, "Look Mom, I gotta go. I'll call you later alright?"

"Alright sweetie. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye."

"Bye."

McKayla clicked off her phone, "I get terrible reception out here," she dropped the phone on the bed and looked up at him.

"Your Mom?"

"Yep. She's mad that we're in Tennessee and not California."

"Did you tell her that we're coming out there in a few months?"

"Nope. I'hange your mind about that one."

"You have to pay your Mom more attention Kay."

"Ofcourse you would say that, your a Mama's boy. Besdies, I pay my mom plenty of attention. I gave her my new number after it got changed didn't I?"

Justin laughed, following her out of the romm and down the stairs. Once they reached the bottom he headed to the family room and she followed her nose, heading towards the kitchen.

"Lisa," she addressed the woman by the sink," are you cooking dinner already?"

"Yep," Lisa glanced over as she washed something in the sink.

"What is that?" Kayla glanced into a pot, "Sweet potatoes?"

"Yep."

"You're making sweet potatoes?"

"Is there something wrong with that? You're not allergic are you?"

"No I love sweet potatoes. I just always thought it was a black thing."

Justin paused as he entered the kitchen, "Nice Kay."

"Well of all my friend, one of them knew what sweet potatoes were and that was because she came over on a Sunday. Then, she tells me it looks like dog poop."

"Good dog poop," Justin pulled a bag of chips out of the cabinet.

"Give me those. You don't need to eat that, dinner in a minute," Lisa put it back.

Justin made a face when Lisa turned her back and moved to stand behind McKayla.

"Don't worry about the dishes Lisa. Kay will take care of those."

"Aha! I do nott do dishes. That's Justin's department, right baby?" she leaned her head back on his shoulder.

"Whatever you say baby," he gave her a kiss.

"Mmm gimme another."

He gave her another, followed by another, and another.

"Alright love birds," Lisa spoke up, "Get outta here with that stuff. Go watch some TV till dinner's done."

"Come on," Justin took his wife's hand.

"And send Randy in here."

"Why? You gonna make out with Dad now too?" Justin grinned at his stepmother.

"None of your buisness young man. Shoo."

"Alright alright. We're going."

"Aren't Jon and Steven in there watching TV?"

"Doesn't matter. All we gotta do is make-out alittle and they're gone."

"You are so mean to them."

"They're my little brothers, I'm supposed to be mean to them."

"Hey Dad," Justin stood behind the sofa, "Lisa wants you in the kitchen."

Randy left the room and Justin turned to her with an evil smile.

"Hey boys, you wanna go watch TV upstairs?"

"No," Jonathon answered.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Alright, well don't mind us," he turned back to Kay, his grin still in place.

"Didn't you get enough of this on our honeymoon?" she inquired.

"Lucky for you, no."

She started to respond but was silenced by his lips. His lips, silky soft and smooth yet powerful and firm, telling her where to move her mouth and when. It was moments like these when she realized just how much she loved him, because when he kissed her, she was elated. Well, she was elated until she heard, "ew!"

"That's gross Jay."

"Yeah, that's gross Jay," Steven followed his brother to the doorway.

"Where are you going guys?" Justin asked innocently, "Don't you wanna watch TV?"

"Yeah, come here and lemme give you a kiss," McKayla held her arms out.

The boys exchanged a look before screaming and running from the room. McKayla rested her hands on her hips.

"Well, part of me wants to be offended by that."

"Forget about them. I wanna kiss you," Justin slid his arms around her thick hips and kissed her neck.

McKayla smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I think you're stuck in honeymoon mode. We're not in Jamaica anymore, you can't just have me when you want me."

"Well, we're not officially back yet," he kissed the corner of her mouth.

"Ew! Dad they're still doing it," a voice sounded from just aroundrner.

"Now we're in the clear. They're not coming back for awhile," he pulled her over to the sofa, "what do you w"

"Animal Precinct."

"I don't think so," he pulled the remote from her fingers, "You're not allowed to watch that anymore remember? I'll never get you Kay, you can watch the news no problem, you'll get alittle depressed. But let you find out someone didn't feed their dog and you're ready to send 'em to the electric chair."

"That's not true Randall," she leaned her head on his shoulder, "Not feeding your dog is a 5 year prison sentence. Something like not taking it to the vet when you know it's got a tumor would be a death sentence."

"Right, anyway, I get to pick."

McKayla rolled her eyes as he began flipping through the channels, one by one.

"Stop," she took the remote back when he came to a Jessica Simpson video, "I love this song."

The real me is a southern girl with her Levi's on and an open heart Wish I could save the world, like I was Supergirl

"Sounds like you Kay. Except your from California, not the south. But you still have 50,000 pairs of jeans," he patted her denim clad leg, "and your always trying to save everyone."

"I'm not always trying to save everyone," she argued.

He gave her a look.

"Are you comparing me to Jessica Simpson now? Cause you know I never thought Buffalo Wings came from real buffalo."

"That's cause your smart baby."

"Don't mock me."

"Ofcourse not."

McKayla let out a yawn.

"Sleepy?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "I don't know why though, we slept in late this morning. Must be my smart, high powered brain using up all my energy," she smiled and batted her lashes.

"Yeah, sure."

"Or maybe it's all this fresh air out here. It'll do strange things to people. Make them sick, sleepy."

Justin chuckled and patted her head condesendingly.

"You're mean," she stated.

"You know Trace or Shannon will be calling sometime today reminding us to be in New York tomorrow."

"I say we turn off all the phones nd forget that we ever met them," she looked up at him.

"Sounds like a plan," he rubbed her arm, "Do you regret not doing it in the ocean yet?"

"Nope."

"You will."

"I'm sure, but you know, we can make up for it in other ways," she smiled and kissed his cheek.

His head tilted down and he playfully bit at his lip before kissing him tenderly.

"Justin? McKayla-," Lisa came around the corner, "Are you two still at it? I don't know what you did but Jonathon is up in his room thinking he's got coodies for the next week. At the rate your going you'll be bringing me back a grandbaby next time you come."

McKayla smiled politely, Justin was grinning like a madman.

"Well, anyhow, dinner's ready."


"McKayla, did you send out your 'thank you's to the Y's yet?"

"The Y's? I'm still working on the M's."

Shannon dropped her pen and gave her a look.

"Don't look at me that way, geez. I've only been back a week or so. I'm doing pretty good considering there were like, 20 million people."

"McKayla you have to get busy on that. It's rude if it takes 2 months for you to say 'thank you'."

"Thank you Shannon, now chill. I'm trying."

"Alright. Well I hope you and Justin had fun at your high security private ceremony because eyone wants the scoop. You've got Entertainment Tonight, Craig Kilborn, Conan O'Brien, Dateline, Jimmy Kimmel, Extra, 60 Minutes, Oprah, Jay Leno, David Letterman, MTV wants an 'All Eyes On: McKayla Malone' special and ofcourse TRL, The View, Sharon Osbourne wants you to co-host, Access Hollywood, Inside Edition, A VH1 Up Close and Personal concert and a Behind the Music episode, plus CBS, NBC, and Fox want little concert specials too so-."

"Woah, wait a minute. How am I supposed to do this, plus shoot my video and start recording the new album?"

"I don't know but it's what they've got laid out for you."

McKayla leaned forward to look at the paper.

"Okay, I'm really like... wow."

"That's okay."

"We have to go over this really slowly cause I'm really overwhelmed right now."

"That's alright."

Shannon laid out the dates and times, explaining in detail what would be going on, pointing out breaks inbetween events in order to keep things spaced out in McKayla's mind. When she had too many things piled on her shoulders, then sh started to freak out, and when she freaked out that's when she started to forget things and that's when the real chaos began.

"So what's Justin going to be doing while I'm in 20 million places at once?"

"I have no clue. You'll have to check with Trace on that one."

"Speaking of Trace," McKayla leaned her chin into her palm and looked at her friend, "What exactly was going on right before Justin and I caught you coming out of his house that day?"

Shannon looked up through her eyelashes.

"Can you keep a secret Kay?"

"Duh."

"Good, so can I. Now let's concentrate on the week ahead of us."

McKayla sighed.

"Yes Mother."


"Hey love."

"What's up? What are you doing?"

McKayla tossed her purse into the passenger seat of the rental Suburban and climbed in.

"I'm leaving the office. Would you like me to pick up dinner on my way back to the hotel? And by dinner I do mean you."

He chuckled.

"Are you having Justin with a side of ice cream again?"

She scrunched up her nose.

"That's more like dessert. But do you want me to pick you up or are you catching a ride?"

"You know, your the woman. I'm supposed to be picking you up."

"Your always late. Plus that's a different decade baby. Now, make up your mind before I drive past the place and you have no choice but to get a ride."

"Well..."

"To late, I'm outside. See you in a second," she hung up the phone without waiting for him to respond, shut off the vehicle, and headed into Battery Studios.

She waved to the receptionist, and after checking her horoscope on the wall by the elevators she rode to the 3rd floor and walked to studio 8. That was the one Justin used whenever he was recording there. She stepped in and was immediately greeted by Pharell Williams.

"Hey Mami," he gave her a one armed hug.

"Hey, I didn't know you were hanging around today."

"I didn't either. I got a call at noon saying I needed to come in for like 15 minutes."

"That was 5 hours ago."

"I know."

She laughed at the distressed look on his face and patted his shoulder sympathetically.

"Don't worry, I'm here to take the slave driver home."

He pointed eagerly to the door leading to the control room and she smiled before heading in that direction. justin was sitting in a black leather chair, his back to her, watching as Chad pushed buttons on the board. McKayla came up behind him and put her on the sides of his head, rubbing his temples.

"Hey you," she smiled when he leaned his head back against her stomach.

"Hey."

"I hear you've been workin these guys hard."

"Pharell's a whinner."

She giggled and glanced at Chad.

"Hey Hugo."

"Sup Kay."

"Not much. You?"

"Same," he nodded.

"I loved your suit at the wedding by the way."

"Thanks. Armani."

She nodded and turned back to her husband.

"So, you ready to get outta here Randall?"

"Depends, are you gonna keep rubbing my head like this when we get back?"

"After I get my a la mode? Sure."

He laugh and moved to stand.

"Alright, let's call it a night ya'll."

The board was turned off, the studio shut down, and all the materials packed up for use the following day.

"I'm gone ya'll," he called, taking McKayla's hand and pulling her towards the door.

"Later Jay."

When they stepped into the elevator McKayla eyed her husbands drowsy frame. He felt her starend pulled her into a hug, using the top of her head as pillow.

"I'm tired."

"I'll bet. You've been here all day," now that she thought about it his voice was tired and raspy too, "I have the craziest schedule for the next month."

"Yeah?"

"I have to do like, every friggin TV show in America. Plus shoot a video."

Justin smiled slightly and let go of her when the elevator dinged and the doors slide open.

"Ah the feeling of popularity."

"Shut up, your as popular as me if not more. You were hot with Nsync, you sizzled with Justified, and you'll scorch with this."

He looked over his shoulder at her as she followed behind him.

"I know, I just like to hear you say it."

She smacked him on the back. Once the couple got back to their hotel room Justing ordered in while McKayla changed into something alittle less stuffy and alittle more comfortable.

"What'd you order?" she asked stepping out of the bedroom and into the livingroom.

"Chinese. Good?"

"Good."

"Solid."

She giggled.

"What the hell are you laughing at?"

"Nothing my funk soul brotha. I'm just listening to you. Your funny."

He made a face and plopped down on the sofa.

"What happened to my Randy a la mode?" she sat next to him.

His hand fell onto her thigh.

"It melted babygirl."

"Okay," she ran hand over his head, "I'm kinda tired anyway. I wouldn't have been able to eat you all up anyway."

She leaned over, laying her head in his lap, and closing her eyes as his fingers weaved into her hair.

"Do you think this album will be good Kay?"

"I'm not feeding your ego anymore."

"no seriously. Do you think it'll do well? Do you think it'll change anything? cause I've been thinking about slowing down for awhile."

McKayla turned to look up at him.

"Why would you do that?"

He was silent for a moment, his hand moving to grab hers.

"McKayla, I think-I really want, us to start trying to have a baby."

Her smile slowly faded as she looked at the seriousness in his face. A baby? He wanted a baby?

"A baby? Now?"

"Yeah."

She grew nervous, slowly sitting up. She didn't know exactly how to tell him this.

"Randall, I'm not ready to have a baby right now."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki