Love Is Enough (Our Family Album Series part 4) by Coffee


Number of reviews: 105
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"I'm not gonna gosh darn do it," McKayla's voice was raising with every syllable.

This meant that Nick was on the phone, trying to get her to do something she didn't want too.

Time had continued to roll on despite everything. Shannon was able to pull herself together and get back to work, Mackenzie's story died out once word was released that McKayla was pregnant. No one was willing to believe that Justin would grind all over her, and then jump in bed with his wife, let alone that McKayla would let him. For once, the attitude having 'don't take no shit' stereotype about Black women was playing in her favor. She'd bee able to hid her belly behind sweats, thick coats, and oversized shirts the first few months, but at a now full 8 months, the only way to keep anyone from seeing it was to push a loaded shopping cart in front of her.

And ofcourse, because of all the new media attention, everyone wanted the exclusive, and all the really good deals were happening in Japan.

"Do you know how dangerous it is for me to fly while I'm pregnant?"

Nick replied with something that Justin couldn't hear, but when McKayla sighed he stood up and took the phone.

"Hey, yo, Nick, it's Justin. Why are you trying to her to fly somewhere? We talked about this, no dates that we can't drive to in under 3 hours.... Alright then so why are you trying to talk her into this? You're getting her all riled up and stuff.... No I can't go instead of her. We already agreed that we're not gonna split up at all. Not when she's so close to her date."

McKayla had recently entered that zone where she could prematurely, yet, safely, deliver their baby. Not to mention that, thanks to numerous past doctor visits, they knew that they're baby was smaller than the average length and weight of an unborn baby. Combine those with the fact that they had chosen to not know whether it was a boy or a girl, and Justin had long sense decided that he wasn't going anywhere. There were just too many things going on and too many things he could miss if he was out of town for even one day.

His conversation with Nick ended shortly after that and he turned towards the family room after hearing the sound of McKayla's giggling. He'd read somewhere that pregnant women were pron to sudden mood swings, not that he, Justin Timberlake, had read pregnancy/baby books or anything lame like that.

"Look, Fran's pregnant too," she said, sensing his presence behind the sofa, "I'm not sure when she and Maxwell got married tho. One day she was in love with him, and when I woke up the next morning, they were married and she was pregnant."

Justin leaned down and kissed the top of her head before walking around the sofa. He'd also read somewhere that pregnant women needed extra attention and affection the farther along they got.

"I thought you hated this show," he said sitting next to her.

"What makes you say that?"

"You said, 'I hate this show.' right before you changed the channel."

"No I didn't hate it, just got tired of watching it. I mean, they got rid of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman to put this on."

"I'd rather watch this."

"Cause you think she's hot."

Justin made a noise, "She's like 20 years older than me."

"And?"

He rolled his eyes at her and she giggled. While she settled back into The Nanny he reached over and absent mindedly ran a hand over he belly. It didn't surprise him when the littler person in there kicked at him. It was already possesive of it's mother. But it had been really special the first time, real proof that there was something, someone, alive in there. However, it was kind of gross when you lifted her shirt because you could literally see it. It kind of looked like someone held up a bedsheet, and then punched into it, except instead of a bedsheet it was her skin.

"That's definately your kid in there, dancing around on my appendixe like that," McKayla mutter while bitting one of her nails.

Justin just smirked in responce.

"Are you excited about tomorrow?"

Lynn had demaned to put together a babyshower for them at a family friends' house. Despite the fact that they didn't need anything, she'd forced them to register at Babies-R-Us and Target a few months before.

"Um... yeah," she shrugged. That was her code for 'Kinda, maybe. Not really', "Are you?"

"Yeah. I mean I haven't seen the guys in awhile, and your Mom's flying in so that should be cool."

Uncharacteristly of McKayla, she's actually been missing her mother a lot. She spent a lot of time on the phone with her during the day and was looking forward to her mother coming in the next morning. It was probably because she was getting nervous about delivering the baby and her mother was someone close to her who understood what she was going through. Ofcourse, when she couldn't get her mom on the phone, Justin's mother was there for whatever she needed.

McKayla nodded, "I'm just hoping it doesn't last all day. I don't think I could take all that noise and having to be nice to people for very long."

Justin chuckled and patted her hand.

"We have to stay for a few hours. But once you think you've had enough and you can't take anymore, fake labor or something-."

His sentence was interupted by her laughter and he silently prayed that their child had her laugh.

"Or you could pull on your ear or something."

"Okay, how about I do this?" she scratched at the back of her neck.

"Neck scratching, got it."

"And if someone's talkin my ear off and I need to you save me, I'll go like this," she scratched behind her ear."

"Alright, and if someone's bothering me, I'll go like this," he waved at her.

"Discreet, Randall. Real slick."


"Randall, Randall look. Randall you're not looking," McKayla was scratching furiously at the back of her neck.

"I'm ignoring that," Justin made the turn into the driveway, "Seeing as how we haven't even gotten out of the car yet."

"I know, but I've seriously had enough and I can't take it anymore, hi."

Lynn opened her door for her and smiled as she offered a hand to help her out of the car.

"Hi, sweetheart, how are you?"

"I'm doing great, my backs been buggin me alittle bit lately but other than that I'm good. Thanks," Justin appeared next to him mother.

"That's good Justin but I was talkin to the one with the baby," she said reaching up to give him a hug.

"Fine, I see how it is."

"Your backs hurting? Wanna talk about back pain, I can tell you about some back pain."

Lynn giggled at them both before turg to her daughter-in-law, "So how are you honey? Other than the backaches."

"I'm doing good. Ready to let this person out of here."

"Well, just 2 more weeks left to go."

"Thank God. So where is everyone?"

"In the yard. You're Mom's back there but no one knows you're here, I only heard you because I as in the kitchen."

McKayla nodded and scratched the back of her neck. Justin just took her hand and lead her through the gate and into the backyard. Though the house looked small from the outside, judging by the size of the backyard it had to be bigger than it looked. The yard was huge, and lead down a hill to another platto where some younger kids were playing. Justin spotted Joey's Brianna right away, rolling in the dirt while wearing a pink and white dress.

"McKayla!" Justin turned to see Lorraine enveloping her daughter in a tight hug.

"Hi Mama."

Lorraine pulled away long enough to give Justin a hug as well.

"I have missed you two so much. It's so good to see you."

"You two Mama," they hugged once again before Lorraine led them farther into the yard.

Off to the right were several tables with large khaki colored umbrellas proving shade, and a long booth in the middle. All of the guests were seated, chewing away at whatever was on their plates and talking amongst themselves, until they saw the approaching couple that is. Before they could make a general 'hello' everyone was on their feet and advancing towards them, giving hugs and kisses whether they wanted them or not. McKayla was scratching at her neck with both hands.

Justin followed his wife as she slowly made the rounds, saying hello and making short chit-chat before thanking everyone for coming and moving on. It was because he knew her so well that he could see she was on auto-pilot. Thankfully though, no one else could tell.

After seeing some of her family members, most of his relatives, all of the guys, and family friends, they stumbled across a couple than neither of them knew, but Justin said looked familiar.

"Hi, I'm Kathy," the woman extended her hand, "And this is my husband John. This is our place."

"Oh," McKayla watched as Justin stepped forward and shook John's hand, letting him speak for them both, "Hi, it's nice to meet you. You're home is beautiful, thank you for letting us have it here."

"Oh it was no problem. We're happy to have you. Congratulations on the baby."

"Oh thank you," they replied in unison.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"

"No, we decided not to know," McKayla reached for her husband's hand.

"Really? We did that with our Erin," she pointed off to a little girl, whom Brianna gave a look before walking away, "I thought it would be much more exciting that way."

"So did I," Kayla nodded.

"So what do you think it is?"

"I say girl, he says boy."

"Men, they always think that. He was dead set on her being a boy. Was sighing her up for little league and everything."

The conversation between the two ladies continued on. John excused himself to run off somewhere else, and Justin was scratching at his ear. McKayla was trying her best not to laugh in his face about it. Finally, he squeezed the crap out of her hand and she glanced at him. He nudged his head in the other direction and gently tugged on her arm.

"I'm sorry Kathy, but I think I hear someone calling my name. Would you excuse us?"

"Oh sure."

Once they were safely out of ear shot McKayla let out a laugh and looked up at him.

"Obviously we need to go over our signs again," he said.

"Maybe you do. That just wasn't your sign, nerd."

"McKayla, sweetheart, come sit down and eat," Lorraine motioned to the chair next to her. She was sitting at the table closest to the backdoors with Lynn, Paul, Randy, and Lisa.

Justin pulled it out for her before sitting down himself.

"Are you gonna eat honey?" Lynn asked.

McKayla turned and looked over her shoulder at the buffet. It seemed kinda far away and she'd just sat down. She didn't know which one she wanted more, food or rest. Food. Rest. Food. Rest.

"Do you want something baby? I'll get it for you," Justin asked.

She nodded her head slightly. She hated to have him get it because it sort of felt like she was using him as a slave. Then again, she was pregnant, so she figured it was kind of his job at the moment.

"What do you want?"

She shrug, "You know what I like."

He leaned forward and gave her a small kiss before getting up and heading towards the table.

"That's my boy," Lynn smiled.

"So how's baby? You just went to the doctor the other day right?"

"Yeah. Everything seems fine, still set for the Tuesday after next."

"Did they ever find out why the baby was small?" Lorraine leaned forward.

"No, but they said that it's healthy and they don't predict any problems. Chris said it's probably a miget."

The two women giggled as Justin returned, setting down a plate in front of McKayla. It was filled with fruit, and a piece of bread.

"That's what you wanted?" Lisa asked from across the table.

"That's all she'll eat, well other than ice cream. Anything else makes her sick."

"That explains why I'm so fat," she said through a mouthful. Justin descretly popped her on the arm, and she gave him a look like,'what?'

"So what are the names?" Randy chimmed in.

"Oh that's true, you didn't tell me names. What are ya'll plannin?" Lynn turned to them.

"We're not telling names," McKayla supplied.

"What?" Lorraine gave her daughter a look.

"We decided not to tell names until the baby's born."

"Why?"

"Just to torture you," Justin grinned.

"I wouldn't doubt it sweetie," Lynn smacked her son's head before moving her eyes back to McKayla, "We have some fun games planned for later."

"Really, like what?"

"Well, there's the traditional ones like, you pass out pins and whoever crosses their legs has to give up their pin. And there's the one where measure you with toilet paper," her mother supplied.

"And we came up with a good one for the guys, where they have to see who can drink beer the fastest...."

"Count me in," Justin raised his hand.

"...But they have to do it through a baby bottle and wear little bibs."

Justin groaned.

"And we expect you men to compete," Lisa patted Randy's arm.

"But we came up with a really special one for the baby," Lorraine said, "We got birthday cards for all the really 'special' people, like me and Lynn and Paul and Randy and Lisa and the guys, and everyone will get a birthday card and fill it out now. So every year for the baby's birthday you'll be able to give it a card from someone who was the party."

"Oh, that's really cute Mama," McKayla gushed. Justin took the opportunity to steal a piece of watermellon from her plate, "But actually I'm anxious to see Justin here suck on the baby bottle."

"I'm gonna win," he put his hands behind his head and led back arrogantly.

"Justin can't play."

"Why?" he sat forward again.

"You're driving aren't you? Well you're not drinking anything as long as my daughter is in the seat next to you."

"She can drive home."

"Nope. I'm too big to fit behind the wheel in the Escalade."

"No you're not."

"Maybe not but I don't want to drive."

Justin let out an annoyed sigh and Lynn made an 'awww' noise and patted his arm.

"What about a baby pool? Are you doing that?" Paul asked.

"Yeah, everyone sighed up for that on their way in. I put my name down for Monday."

"I'm not due till 2 Tuesday from now."

"I know. I don't think you'll make it. I think you'll have tomorrow and then you're done."

McKayla giggled, "Gee, thanks Lynn. I appreciate that."

"Well I'm down for this Thursday."

"Mama, not you too."

"I just think you'll deliver alittle bit earlier than expected, that's all."

"What about you Justin, what do you think?" Randy asked.

"Five minutes from now."

McKayla smacked his arm and he grabbed her hand to kiss the back of it. After he did and made a noise and sat up alittle straighter.

"Oh! Is the baby kicking?" Lisa sat up excitedly.

"No," Kayla chuckled, "but if you want it too just ask Justin to put his hand on my belly, it'll do the 'Bye Bye Bye' dance all over my organs."

"Bye bye bye, don't really want you touching me. I just wanna tell you get your hand off my Mom, bye bye," Justin sang.

McKayla giggled, but rubbed his cheek, knowing that in a way, deep down it kinda hurt his feels alittle.

"Justin put your hand on her stomach," Lorraine requested.

He did as told and sure enough in a matter of seconds something was hitting his palm. Lorraine replaced his hand with hers and let out an excited squeel. Immediately Lynn and Lisa were on their feet fighting over who's turn it was next.

* * *

"Okay," Justin pushed open the door to their home and held it for her, "just set that stuff right there."

McKayla did as told, and the put her hands to her back.

"Do you need help with the rest of that stuff?"

"No, you go sit down. I got it."

"Okay," she retreated to the family room sofa while he went back outside.

It took a good 4 or 5 trips out to the car before he got everything in the house. They had one, and sometimes two, of everything they could possibly think of, including a dirty diaper bag dispenser that stuck to the inside panelling of the car. Why she couldn't just put a few in the diaper bag she didn't know, but apparently it was a 'must-have' for new Mommies.

"That everything?" she glanced over and down the hall when she heard the door close.

"That's everything baby," he dropped his keys on the table and headed towards her.

"Do you want to put it all up now?"

"Nah, it can wait till tomorrow. You're tired and so am I."

"No I'm not," she managed to mutter through a loud yawn.

Justin glanced over his shoulder at her with his look. He'd been giving it too her since she become 'really' pregnant and he had to sort of in a way take care of her. It read 'listen to me, I know what's best for you' and she hated it because usually he was right.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," she scooted forward alittle.

He nodded and headed towards the stairs. McKayla waited till he was out of sight before sticking her tongue out at him and attempting to stand. Her first attempt failed and she took a second before she tried again, pushing alittle harder. When her butt didn't even lift off the seat in the slightest she sighed and sat back for a second before she tried again. As hard as she did, she barely moved.

With a giggle, she scooted back in the chair to where she had been before and called out.

"Randall!"

"What?" came his distant voice.

"Baby," she laughed, "I'm stuck!"

She could hear him laughing as he made his way out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

"As soon as you sat there I knew that was gonna happen."

"Don't laugh," she scolded with a smile, "This is your fault, you did this to me."

"Yeah I know," he extended his hand and helped her, "It was kinda fun."

That earned him a pinch on the arm as she walked with him to the stairs. He took her hand and put it on the rail before turning to her.

"You okay? You got it?"

"Yes," she rolled her eyes at him.

"You sure? Here, I'll walk behind you just in case."

"Shut up," she gave him her best evil look.

His reply was laughter before he said he forgot something, "You go on upstairs, and whatever you do, don't sit in the chair by the window."

"Oh, but it's so pretty outside."

"I know, but don't sit there. You'll just get stuck again."

She grumbled something and continued walking. Justin retreated to the kitchen to put the food his mother had packed up at the shower away, and then grabbed an orange from the basket on the island, knowing she was going to ask for it in about ten minutes.

"Justin!" her voice came floating down.

He rolled his eyes with a smirk, already walking towards the stairs.

"Yeah?"

"You know that chair by the window?"

"Yes."

There was a dramatic pause, "I'm stuck again."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki