This Way (Our Love Story Series part 3) by Coffee


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Emerald paced back and forth, running her hands over her now short brown hair. She was nervous and she didn't even know why. It was just her husband, it was just Justin. He left to go on tour 4 months ago and she was now a very big, very round, 8 months pregnant. Emerald paused, looking over their livingroom one more time. She could still remember the days before he left to start the 'Blue Eyed Soul' tour. Unfortunately those days were spent away from her, in the UK. The moment she found out he was leaving, wasn't the fondest memory she had.

"You're leaving?" Em looked up from the oven in surprise.

"Yeah, I have some dates in England."

"Wh-When?"

He hung his head slightly.

"Tomorrow."

"What?!" she put a lid on a pot and stepped toward him.

"I leave tomorrow morning."

"Tmoorrow? Tomorrow morning. And you're just NOW telling me?"

"Em, I forgot-."

"You forgot?!"

"Yes, things have been crazy. I've got dates flying all around me."

"Why do you have anything scheduled anyway? I'm pregnant and you're going away on tour in less than a week. I wanted to spend time with you, Isaiah was looking forward to spending these last days with you."

"It's only for like, 2 days Em."

"So what? That's not the point Justin. you're leaving and you didn't bother to tell me."

"Baby, I forgot."

"Oh-," she wanted to say more but bit her tongue, "Fine. Fine," she turned back to the oven, ignoring his presence.

"Em-."

"Fine Justin," he voice was firm, annoyed.

He hated that. Whenever something was bugging her, he would want to talk about it, she would say 'fine'. She heard only his heavy breathing for a moment before he huffed and stormed up the stairs.

How could he not tell her? How could he say nothing? Forget. Ha! Forget my foot. What the hell was he thinking just springing this on her? It was bad enough he was leaving her alone with a 7 year old to tour, now their 8 days were being cut short. With that in mind, did she really wanna spend the night being mad at him? Did she wanna sleep int he spare room down the hall and wake up to find him already gone?

Emerald stood in the doorway, the lights were off, the open window letting a glow enter. Justin lay in the middle of the bed on his back, staring out at the sky. She couldn't help it, she was angry with him, but she was entraced by him; and she didn't want to spend the night alone when she didn't have to. Walking over to the bed, she pulled back the blankets and laid next to him, watching him. He didn't speak, didn't move, but obviously he was aware of her presence. Sitting up on her knees, she placed one leg on either side of his body and laid on top of him, her body on his torso, her face on his neck. she breathed deeply, his scent overtaking her, consuming her, drinking all of her in.

His hands instinctively reached up to rest comfortingly on her back.

"Em I'm sor-."

"Don't. Let's not talk about it anymore."

He sighed.

"What do you want me to do Emerald?"

"Hold me," he arms slide under him and pulled him closer, "Hold me like you have to leave tomorrow."

That night hadn't been fun, but laying in bed with him had. She loved laying with him, laying in his arms. She needed that, she needed to feel him. She still wasn't completely over her rape, and she wasn't sure she ever would be, but she knew that when he held her, it didn't hurt as much. Maybe it was his strength, maybe it was the way she felt comforted and protected, maybe it was just the pure love she knew he held for her, but whatever it was, it was addictive. It got her through days and nights, memories and panic attacks. She didn't know how she made it through the last 4 months without it, but she didn't know she was ready for some major Justin loving, regardless of how big her belly was.

She stepped into the family room, spotting Isaiah playing some game on his Xbox, and nodding to the large man sitting next to him. Stone, that was his name. Her own personal bodyguard. First he got her an attack puppy , who turned out to be a lazy, greedy little dog named Sally, then he pulled a man more qualified than his own security to watch after her while he was away. She smirked to herself, if she even doubted that Justin would do anything to keep her safe, her doubts were silenced the moment he stepped into the picture.

"I do NOT need a bodyguard."

"I don't know Em," Justin ran his hand over his face, "I don't like the idea of you being here alone."

"Justin, anyone ever tell you you worry too much?"

"I'm serious Em. I just saw this show where they talked to sex offenders and one dude said he specifically looked for women staying home alone. They wait till you're asleep and vulnerable and then BAM!"

"Justin," she groaned his name, she was well aware of what happened after the BAM.

"Sorry baby," his hand fell on her thigh, "I just worry about you. I want you to be safe."

"I am. You set this house to be locked up tighter than Fort Knocks. And I'm not alone-."

"Oh sure, Isaiah and Sally," he rolled his eyes.

Sally sat up when she heard her name, looked at the two for a moment, groaned, and laid her head back down to continue her never-ending nap. Justin motioned to her as if to say 'see' and Emerald giggled.

"Justin," she sighed, "You've lost it."

"Emerald."

"Justin."

"Em."

"Just."

"Emmy."

"Justy."

"Mami-."

"Don't call me that. Save it for your songs, senor," she giggled.

"Senorita-."

"That's senora to you. I'm a married woman."

His arms circled her waist and pulled her into his lap.

"I'm aware."

He kissed her softly. She smiled gently and leaned her forehead against his, her hands resting on his shoulders. His kisses trailed down her chin to her neck, where he nibbled at the hollow of her neck.

"You're very married. And you're very good at it," she grinned madly, "You take care of me, and you're having my baby," he put his hands on her protruding tummy before sliding them around her to her behind and squeezing, "And you look so sexy doing it."

That got her, she melted in his arms with a giggle, and tilted her head to the side, allowing him to continue his nibbling.

Winston contined to wait in the living room. He hadn't heard a word form the family room in minutes. Deciding to check on them he made way down the hall, finally finding the couple perched on the sofa, rubbing noses and kissing tenderly.

"Ahem," he cleared his throat, not wanting to ruin their moment but having too.

"Am I still needed here?" he asked.

"Yes."

"No."

The answers were giving simultaneously.

"Justin," Emerald glared down at him.

"Emerald, yes."

"Justy-."

"Don't Justy me. Yes," he looked back at Winston to be sure he was understood, "Yes."

Emerald groaned and threw her head back dramatically.

"You'll live," Justin lifted her hand to his lips and kissed her fingers, "I promise."

"So Winston huh? No scary add on's? No Big before Winston? No nickname?" Emerald asked.

"They call me Stone. Cause ya know, Winston, ston, sounds like Stone."

"No," she giggled.

Stone rolled his eyes.

"But alright, Stone it is."

After askined the boys if they need anything, and getting a 'no' from them both Emerald turned and headed back towards the living room, looking out the window for any sign of her long lost husband. It wasn't long ago that she was standing in this exact spot, the same look on her face.

"I'm counting on your guys. She's my wife, and she's carrying my kid. I need you four to take care of her," Justin held onto Emerald with one arm and pointed at the guys with the other.

"Don't worry man," Joey slide his arm around Emerald's waist and pulled her to his chest, "We'll take extra special care of her," he wiggled his eyebrows mischeviously.

Justin frowned.

"Gimme that," he stole her back, "You stay away from her. You three take care of her."

"Justin, I'm a big girl. I can-."

"Shush Em, this has nothing to do with you," Justin rambled off about something while Emerald rolled her eyes with a smile and listened. She loved to listen to his chest rumble when he talked.

"Justin, if you don't shut up and say your goodybes you're gonna miss your flight," Mike spoke up.

Justin quickly hugged the guys and said his goodybes to them before taking his wife's hand.

"Let's go outside, we don't need an audience."

She nodded in responce. Once outside they embraced in a long much needed hug. It would need to last them four months. They pulled apart and he immediately gave her a kiss. It wasn't one of lust or hunger, but of need. He knew that he was going to need to be able to feel this kiss on his lips for the next four months.

"If I can, I'll fly back. Any little break I get, I'll be back here," they both knew breaks would be few and far between if they came at all.

He embraced her again and kissed her exposed shoulder.

"I'm sorry Em. I'm sorry I can't be here. I want to be here so bad."

"It's okay Justin," she giggled softly, "You'r a performer-."

"But I'm a husband and a father first-," he pulled back to look at her, "I shouldn't be leaving you and Isaiah here-."

"I wouldn't allow you to stay anyway. I'm gonna be fine, Isaiah will be fine, the baby will be fine. We've been through worse before. Besides," she smiled and nodded to the closed front door, "I've got those four goona and a marcial arts expert looking out for me."

"Yeah, watch out for Joey. I know exactly how sneaky he can be."

She laughed.

"Go. Hurry up before your late. They only hold planes so long for superstars."

He nodded and kissed her gently. Before he'd even completely pulled away she kissed him again.

"Isaiah! Come say 'goodbye' to Daddy!" she called to the little boy chasing Sally around.

Isaiah ran over, Justin dropped to one knee when he reached them and hugged him tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you little man."

"Miss you too Dad."

"Take care of your Mom for me alright?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Love you bud," he kissed his forehead before ruffling his hair.

"Love you too Dad," Isaiah shouted as he ran back to Sally.

"I love you too," he kissed her belly button, "And I love you," he kissed Emerald.

"I love you too Just."

He placed his hand on either side of her face.

"God I love you," he whispered before kissing her again.

She giggled against his lips and pushed him away.

"Would you go already?! Geez, you're making me crazy!"

In all honesty she wanted this to be over with so she could run to their room and cry. A horn honked for Justin and he took a step towards the driveway.

"Okay, I'm going. Love you."

She didn't even get to respond before his lips were on hers again.

"Bye Isaiah! Bye baby and baby," he kissed his fingers and placed them on her stomach as he kissed her for the millionth time.

"Love you Justin," she called to him as he ran to the awaiting van.

He turned and blew her a final kiss, signalling he heard her before climbing into the car. The door behind her opened as the van drove off. She quickly wiped a tear away as am arm was laid over her shoulders.

"It's alright Em, you still got us. You know we'll be there for you every step of the way till J gets back," JC said rubbing her arm.

She looked up at him, then at the other three before smiling weakly.

"Well, I could see how you'd be unhappy about those two, but me and JC..." Lance smiled.

Emerald laughed when Chris and Joey muttered and gave Lance a shove.

"It's only four months. You've survived worse right?" JC drew her attention again.

"Right, much worse."

Five years.

"So we're cool right?"

She nodded as he turned and lead her back into the house.

"We're cool."

"Good.

His arm was pulled from her shoulders as he called Isaiah into the house before following the others into the family room. Emerald hugged her arms to herself, thinking back to the last time Justin held her, and looked out the large window at the trail of dust the tires had kicked up in the driveway.

JC had kept to his word. He'd practically lived there with her during Justin absense. Taking her to appointments, getting up with her in the early morning to hold her hair out of her face while she pucked up everything in her stomach, going on grocery stores runs to satisfy her crazy cravings. He'd said it was like he was the one getting ready to have a kid, but thank God he wasn't cause he didn't know how much more he could take.

The woman checked her wrist watch. He was nearly half and hour late. What the hell was taking so long? He had called her this morning, saying his flight was leaving on time and he'd see her soon so what was the hold up? Just as she the idea of something bad begins to grow in her mind she sees a blue van turn onto the long driveway. She couldn't surpress the squeel of delight that leaves her lips as she quickly waddles from the living room to the front door, flinging it open just as he pulls his long body from the vehicle. He makes a mad dash towards her, skipping up the 3 front steps and coming to a halt just infront of her.

Her eyes look him over, he looked so good. His curls were growing back in a brown color and his face was clean shaven. He looked alittle bigger, probably from workin out and dancing daily again. Most of all those baby blues and white teeth were gleaming in her direction and she never felt more special.

"Oh my God, you're big."

There went that moment. She gave him a look before his arms encircled her. She sighed with contentment, her protected Justin comfort feeling returning to her.

"Thanks alot," she pinched his side, "I need to hear that."

"You're a beautiful big tho," he took her chin and gently kissed her before putting his hands on either side of her stomach and looked down in awe.

She stood there watching him, knowing exactly what he was thinking. She'd been thinking the same thing the past several days as she watched her body change and grow to accomidate the life growing inside. Before long, as expected, the moment was interupted by a seven year old who'd had entirely too many pixie sticks.

"Dad!"

Justin barely cause the flying child, but was immediately knocked onto his back. He chuckled on the floor with this son, exchanging 'hi's and 'how you doing's before they eventually got up. He said hi to Stone, who then left, leaving the family along.


"Your feet are huge."

"Shut up!"

"Look at those. I'm callin you Big Foot from now on."

She straightened her legs out next to his.

"Their smaller than yours."

"Good, I'd be worried if they weren't."

She laughed.

"You're evil."

"I'm not evil. I love you."

"You do not-."

"And your gigantic feet."

"Shut up!"

Justin smirked at her and watched as she pretended to pout before pulled in her closer, her body resting against his side as he lazily flipped channels on their bed.

"You've been saying it's been going pretty smooth so far right?"

"Yeah, everything normal. Including the morning sickness. I hate it, it's terrible."

"I remember the morning sickness from before I left."

"For some woman it goes away, but I'm not that lucky," she pouted again and he kissed her lips, slightly tugging on her bottom lip before pulling away.

"Think you're gonna pop soon?"

"People don't pop Justin."

"You know what I mean."

"Well, the due date is like a week away. you made it home in time."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," he smiled at her before leaning down to her stomach, "No, I wouldn't miss seeing you come into the world for anything. You're gonna be my little princess-.'

"It could be a boy ya know."

"Shush, it's not. It's my princess. Aren't you? And we're gonna name you Angel, aren't we? Yes. I know I was gone along time and I'm sorry, but now I've got so much to tell you. Remember your bone head Uncle Chris? Well let me tell you about this one time he called me on the road..."

Emerald smiled softly as her husband laid his head on her belly and continued his ramblings to his child. She didn't know where he'd gotten the name Angel from, but she could let him think that for the moment.

Justin talked to his 'daughter' for nearly two hours before looking up at Emerald, her eyes closed and her breathing was light, despite the fact that she was snoring softly. He smiled at her and placed a kiss on her stomach, then a lingering one on her lips before laying beside her.

After what felt like minutes but was really hours he awoke with a start and turned and looked at Emerald's figure in the darknss. Something was up. Suddenly her eyes shot open, stardling him.

"Em?"

Before he could even finish speaking she'd sprung from the bed and was in the bathroom. He laid motionless, listening to find out what she was doing. It was 3am, she was never up at 3am. finally she made a noise and cringed at her hacking.

He got up slowly and followed the light over to the bathroom. Pushing open the door he found her crouched over the tiolet, head in the bowl. Snatching a hairtye off the counter he pulled her hair back off of her face and then sat next to her, rubbing her back. After a minute she sat back on her legs and Justin wiped her face with toilet paper.

"Done?"

She nodded 'yes' before dropping her head back intot he toilet, heaving almost violently.

"Or not," Justin muttered.

He placed his hand on her back with a sigh. This was going to be a long night.


"Em, have you seen my guitar?" Justin pocked his head into the bedroom.

"Family room closet."

"Thank," he turned and headed down the stairs. He felt like writing, or playing around or... doing anything really. The baby was due any moment now and he was doing anything in his power not to sit over Emerald like hawk. He'd been caught doing that before and she kept saying it creeped her out.

"Oh my God!

"What?!" Justin was immediatly there again, "What is it?"

"They just cut him."

"What? Who cut who?"

"They cut Jamie."

His face was blank, "huh?"

"On Making the Band 2, white kid, rapper. Geez Just, your in the music buisness, you'd think you'd be up on this stuff."

Justin rolled his eyes and walked over to the bed, smacking his wife on the head with the paper in his hand and then heading for the door again.

"What was that for?"

"I thought you were in labor or something."

She smiled softly at the disappointment on his face.

"Just hold your horses big boy. The day will be here soon."

A few hours later Emerald made her way down stairs to the kitchen, the Making the Band marathon now over. She set her dishes in the sink and stood still for a moment. The house was silent, no music playing, no videogames, no nothing at all. Turning around she glanced out the window and there she spotted her family Isaiah was trying to get lazy Sally to chase the bubbles he was blowing and Justin was doing something with his blue guitar.

Emerald watched him curiously as his head bobbed slightly as he played before stopping to scribbling on a notepad next to him. Cocking her head to the side she quietly waddled her way through the doors and onto the deck.

"Hey," she spoke softly.

"Hi," he offered a hand to help her sit in the chair next to him.

"Whatcha working on?"

"Just a song."

"Ah. For the next album?"

"Maybe, it could be. I was umm... I was actually writing it for you," he smiled sheepishly.

"Awww. For me? Play it, play it."

"No."

"Come on! You can't tell me your writing me a song and not sing it for me," she tugged on his arm.

"It's not done."

"I don't care! Come on, come on, come on," she shook hims vigeriously.

"Alright! Alright!" he put a hand on her tummy when she stopped, "Just be care there, you're carrying my baby."

She nodded and he gave her a grin before starting to play. The song was slow, soulful. It soothed her instantly and she leaned her body against him, one arm going around his waist, the other laying idly on her stomach.

Girl I find you so amazing

With everyday I learn more about you

The way you work day out and day in

And still find time for us to grooze yeah

I love the fact that you're there for me when I feel down

No matter what I'm going through

Lately I've been questioning myself

Am I good enough for you?

Am I worthy of?

Am I man enough?

Am I strong enough

To maintain this love?

You got me questionin'

Got me wonderin'

Could I be that man

That can keep you happy?

"Aww Justy, that was so beautiful," she hugged him tightly and he blushed, "Ofcourse you're worthy baby."

He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead.

"Sometimes I'm not so sure."

Emerald looked up at him, reassurance in her eyes. She didn't have to say a word, just kissed him gently. His eyes traveled down to her stomach again and his hand rubbed her belly gently.

"You know, after the baby comes everything will be great. I can feel it. You, me, Isaiah, and the little princess are going to be just perfect."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki