This Way (Our Love Story Series part 3) by Coffee


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Emerald rolled over, trying to find a more comfortable position. Her back just had this thing that wouldn't go away. It was almost like a bubble, just this pain that kept sticking out. It would fade away, and just when she started to drift off, it would come back again. She changed positions again and an unconsious Justin puts a hand on her hip, tellin her to hold still or go somewhere else. Her eyes pop open where there's an oldly familiar sensation down below. Woman know it well, when something's coming out and they didn't plan on that happening.

Then she feels it, that bubble starts to grown and press into her spine she sits up swiftly. The bubble grows alittle more and her breathing become labored as she tries to figure out what's going on. Was this labor? Sure she'd been through it before but Isaiah didn't feel like this. His pain was much more... blunt.

"Just. Justin," she shakes him roughly once the bubble begins to desolve for the moment.

He mutters something incoherant.

"Justin. Wake up," she shakes him again.

"Go away Em."

"Justin. I think it's time."

"Noooo... we just went to bed, it's not time to get up. Don't worry I set the alarm, go to..." he started snoring and she outright shoved him.

"What?" he gave her a look, his eyes squinted.

"It's time, we need to go to the hospital."

"Time? Time. It's time? Now?"

She nodded and he sat up immedaitely, springing from the bed and running over to the closet.

"Where's your bags? Where are my pants? Did you call someone to come watch Isaiah? Naw, your in labor, you don't do stuff like that."

Justin was running around like crazy, trying to do a dozen different things at once. He had the house phone on one ear, his cell on the other, as he tried to pull his clothes on as she carried her stuff to the door. It was so cute seeing him nervous and alittle shaky like that. She almost smiled at it, almost. She would have, had that damn bubble not come back.

They finally left the house 20 minutes later, moving only when the bubble was hiding. Justin called the guys from the car. JC met them at the hospital and took Isaiah so Justin could be rushing into a delivery room with his wife. Emerald was only 3 centimeters dialated, but it felt more like 19, especially when they had to put their hands places to check stuff. She wished she wasn't wearing that paper gown because she wanted to kill the next person who came towards her with latex gloves. She went through her moods, trying to find someway to deal with the pain. She laid on the ball, she stood up on all fours, she laid on her side, she walked a circle around her room. At one point she was laying nakes on the bed, the meer thought of the blanket being laid over her becoming an irritation.

But after coachin her through another contraction and giving her the best present in the world at the moment, a bucket of ice chips, Justin convinced her to let him cover her up. As soon as another contraction hit she gave him a glare, told him she hated him, and squeezed the hell out of his hand.

"Mr. Timberlake?" a nurse stuck her head in the door, "You've got a few gentlemen out here who wanna say 'hello'."

Justin looked down at Emerald.

"Honey, do you feel up to seeing the guys?"

She sighed as the pain came to an end and nodded.

"Let 'em in."

The nurse stepped out of the way and allowed the guys to file through the door. They greeted the two on the bed with hugs before sitting down.

"How are you?" Lance asked.

"Never better," she smiled.

"Excited?

"You have no idea-," before Justin could finish Emerald groaned and arched her back slightly.

"Another one?"

She nodded her head vigerously, holding back to words that ached to spill from her mouth because of the guests in her room. Justin's hand moves down to her stomach, rubbing in small cirlces as he watches the monitor intently. She groaned again and he laid his other hand on her head.

"Just breath... half over... okay the worst is over... almost over... there back at zero."

She sighed and didn't open her eyes for several moments. When she did , four pairs of amazed eyes stared back at her.

"Woah..." Joey breathed.

"You could say that again."

"Woah..."

"Have you had one of those epadural things?" Chris leans his elbows on his thighs.

"No, not yet."

"You should get one. We were watching this show in the waiting room-."

"Chris... there's no need to talk about that," JC stopped him.

Hanging out in the waiting room, was anything but fun.

Things were unexpectantly quiet. Too quiet. JC opened one eye and studied the group before him. Emeralds parent and the girls hadn't arrived yet, it was just the other three members and he. Theys at infront of him staring at the TV. They were entraced. Something unusual for them.

"Oh my God," Chris leaned closer to the screen.

JC looked over just in time to see a woman being wheelin out of her room and hear the narrator say, "If Dr. Jankens doesn't get her patient into surgery now, she could bleed to death."

"Excuse me!" he called loudly, "Can we change the channel? This isn't the best thing to show in a waiting room."

"I, for one, thought it was interesting."

"Joe, you find pepperoni interesting," Lance rolled his eyes.

"Well think about it, how do they get those little things in the meat?"

Before Emerald could finish laighing she moaned again. This time louder and more intensly than before. Justin stood up and placed his arm behind her to help her sit up.

"Are you having another one?"

"This one's worse."

Justin pushed the call button before turning back to her.

"Breathe, control your breathing Em, come on," he demonstrated by doing her lamase.

After a few 'he-he-hoo's she joined in, relief evident when the pain started to fade from her mind. Once she felt she finially has a hold over it, she diverted her eyes to other aspects of the room. whens he focused on the guys she giggled inwardly and nodded her head for Justin to look as well. They were breathing along wit her, most likely subconciously.

"Did someone ring-?" the nurse paused when he spotted the four grown men breathing rather exaggeratedly.

"Looks like you've got plenty of moral support," she smiled.

Emerald hardly found it funny. The woman had thrown off her concentration and she was back in mind-blowing pain. Justin didn't miss the wy her grip tightened on his hand.

"Uh.. she's gonna be need that medication soon."

The nurse nodded.

"I'll call your doctor."

A few moments later there was a quick knock at the door before a man walked in.

"Someone said I was needed?"

Emerald's groan was her only responce.

"She wants-."

"Drugs! Of any shape or form."

Everyone in the room stiffled a laugh. Dr. Masters checker the monitors at Emerald's besdie before nodding to the nurse that had accompanied her.

"Well fellas," she turned to the guys, "If you want to leave, now would be the time. It's going to get ugly from here on out," she began to put Em's feet in the sturops.

Joey and Chris were out the door in a flash, a shouted 'bye' echoing down the hall after them. Lance hung back long enough to say good luck before chacing after them. Josh walked to her bedside and kissed her forehead, an act that made Justin scowl inwardly. Being affectionate with her was fine before, but she was his wife now. He didn't find it appropriate anymore and he'd never be comfortable with it. It was a supposed to be a secret that JC felt something for her, thought if you knew him, the signs were plan as day. Justin knew that nothing would never happen between them. JC was too good of a friend and Emerald was too devoted to him for their emotions to ever get the best of them one night. But still, in the far corners of his mind, he always wondered, and he was always worried.

"Keep them outta trouble will ya? They're just iching to break something out there," Emerald said.

"I'm on it. I've been Dad longer than you've been Mom."

She nodded and turned her head when he turned to leave.

"Oh! Jayce! JC come back," she grabbed his hand when he returned.

For a moment she didn't say a word, but JC's face controtrd in pain as her fingers tightened on his. Justin smirked for a second, better JC's hand then his. Served him right for liking his woman anyways.

"Jayce," Em finally spoke, "Do me a facor?"

"Okay," he hastily pulled his hand away when her grip loosened, but she grabbed his shirt collar instead.

"Bring me ice."

"Ice?"

"Yes, lots and lots of ice."

"Okay," he was slightly confused.

"Good. Thank you," she released him slowly.

JC shot Justin a look of pleading, he clearly didn't have any idea what to do, and didn't want to be in that position. Justin returned it with a nod.

"I'll get the ice," he said.

A few moments later, just as Justin returned with the bucket a woman walked in with a bright smirk and cute little ponytail. Emerald hated her automatically. Maybe it was mean, but she wasn't going to like anyone who was cheery while she was suffering.

"Mr. and Mrs. Timberlake? I'm Dr. Methodust, I'll be your anestigiologist."

"Thank God you're finally here," Em sat up, "I need something. Anything. Whatever you've got I want."

Dr. Methodust chuckled at her enthusiasm, though she'd heard that same plee several times before.

"There's just one or two things I need to discuss with you," she spoke while writting something on a paper.

Emerald rolled her eyes and laid back. She wasn't in the mood to hear anyone talk either. She really just wanted to get this baby out and go home.

"Alright Mrs. Timberlake, this is how the epidural will work... I'll inject it here, just outside your spinal sack. It should kick in rather quickly unless there's fatty tissue or something blocking it. Now, here's the needle I'm going to be using."

Emerald turned her head, "I don't wanna see it, I don't wanna know about it."

Justin on the other hand, wasn't listening to her.

"How big is that?"

"About 10 centimeters, but only 8 will actually be in her body depending on-."

"Shutupshutupshutup!"

The minutes clicked by and Emerald's labor continued on for another few hours before she was finally told to start pushing. Things progressed slowly, and she started to run out of steam in the final few minutes.

"Come on Em, you can do this baby," Justin pushed her damp hair off of her forehead.

"No, I can't," her head lolled to the side.

"Yes you can, you had Isaiah, you can have Angel."

"Justin I don't like that name," she whinned.

"Well we'll talk about it, but first you gotta have the baby. Come on Emerald," he put his arm behind her back, helping her sit up again.

The doctor told her to start pushing again and Justin counted as she did.

"One more good push Mrs. Timberlake and you'll meet your daughter."

She pushed again, as hard as she could and became completely still when the doctor told her to stop. He told her not to push and she sat frozen, staring at the mirror in front of her.

"It's a girl!"

"It's a girl! It's a girl Em, I told you it would be a girl, I knew it! It's a girl," Justin jumped up and down beside her.

The crying baby was layed on her stomach and the couple looked down, crooning over her.

"Mr. Timberlake, would you like to cut the cord?"

Justin looked at the doctor, to Em, to the doctor again.

"I dunno, I might mess up something."

"It's foul-proof. Come on."

Justin moved down the end of the bed and did as the doctor told him, letting out a sigh once the cord was cut. A nurse picked up the baby, saying she was going down the hall to take the baby's measurements and clean her up while someone would take Emerald to a room. Emerald nodded and closed her eyes when Justin kissed her forehead. She laid there for a moment, waiting for someone to say something to her. When no one did she opened her eyes and looked around. The room was empty. She'd been left in the delivery room alone, except for the lone nurse cleaning up the mess.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki