This Way (Our Love Story Series part 3) by Coffee


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"Justin I am not going to name my child Angel."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to... now she's my kid-."

"She's mine too."

"But you didn't push her 8 pound butt out."

Justin turned and looked at his wife with annoyance.

"Fine, Angel can be her middle name, but we have to pick a different first name. What about Lyndra?"

Justin snorted, "What about Neveah?"

"Neveah? Isn't Neveah Angel kinda cheesy?"

Neveah was heaven spelled backwards.

"No, Neveah Angel Timberlake is perfect," he wrote it down on the birthcertificate and handed it over to the awaiting nurse.

Then he walked over to her and lifted the sleeping baby out of her arms, "Isn't it princess? Yes it is. Nothing's to good for Daddy's Angel."

"Just, can we go?" she asked.

"Yeah," he handed Neveah back and moved behind her wheelchair, "Let's go home baby."


When the couple reached the house, Emerald watched as Justin ran around to the backseat to get the baby, then headed towards the house.

"What the hell?" she watched him wide eyed.

Suddenly he turned and ran back towards the car. He opened her door and stretched out a hand for her.

"Sorry."

"Uh-huh," she glanced up at him.

"It was an accident."

"Yep."

He rolled his eyes, "You're not pissed off are you?"

"I'm not mad Justin, I'm tired. I just had baby two days ago."

"The guys are inside. They'll watch Angel and Isaiah while we get you in bed."

"Okay," she leaned her head on his shoulder as they moved up the front stairs and towards the door.

They stepped into the house and were immediatly surrounded by the guys. Emerald's Mom was there, and she gave her daughter a hug and a kiss before joining Lynn in the living, where she was trying to push the boys aside and catch a glimpse of their granddaughter. Emerald sighed and leaned against the wall, watching the scene before her. Her mind was lost in thought for several minutes, until she felt someone's hand on her shoulder. She looked up and stared into familiar blue eyes.

"Hey Jace."

"Hey," he leaned forward and gave her a hug.

Not a rushed congradulations hug, but a real hug. She didn't realize she needed one, till she got one. And she reveled in it. JC pulled back and looked her over carefully, something was wrong.

"You look good Ma," he complimented.

Emerald rolled her eyes, "You're just saying that."

"No, you look good. Especially for having just had a baby."

"Thanks," she blushed alittle and blinked slowly.

"You going to bed?"

"Yeah, it's just takin me a minute to get there."

"Lemme help you."

JC put her arm over his shoulder and his arm around her waist, taking her over to the stairs. He got her up to the bedroom and sat her on the bed before kissing her cheek and stepping back.

"Get some sleep Em," he turned to leave, "I'll see you later."

She waited for the door to close before she kicked off her shoes and slowly climbed under the blankets and settling into the pillows. In just two days her life had been completely turned around. One day her husband loved her, she loved him, they both loved their son, she was pregnant, and they were happy and content with theit lives. Now she was someone she didn't recognise.

She's spent the last two days laying in bed watching her son and he husband go ga-ga over her daughter. Then Justin named her without asking her ideas or opinions, then he'd forgotten her in the car and ditched her at the door. She'd probably still be standing there had JC not come along. It was like he was ignoring her, forgetting about her. Was he? Maybe she was just over reacting. That had to be it. Tomorrow. Things would look better tomorrow.


Tomorrow sucked.

And so did the day after and the day after and the day after that.

Things just weren't working out the way she had planned. Justin had been home for the past 5 days, which was both a blessing and a curse. For one he was keeping the baby busy, but that meant that his attention wasn't in any way directed at Emerald. Isaiah was in school, so during the day she was pretty much alone with her housewife chores. She hadn't gone back to work yet, but she couldn't wait to. It would give her something to do, something to take her mind off of the way that when people came to visit, they'd walk right past her and head for the baby.

She'd expected that, the same thing had happened with Isaiah when he was born. But never had it lasted for days. Never had EVERYONES attention been on him, someone was always there for her. She just figured that since Justin was there now, he'd split his time between them. If not for her son, who was almost as ignored as she was, she'd never have any conversation at all. She was feeling unwanted. Lonely.

She hadn't spent any time with her daughter. During the nights when she cries Justin was the one to get up with her. He fed her formula instead of letting Em nurse. Eventually, Emerald just stopped trying, she'd just watch him go. Because of the fact that during the hours Neveah was supposed to spend with her mother in hospital, were spent with Justin, that maternal bond had yet to form. She had yet to feel that that was really hr daughter, her child. It was more like she'd been hiding this present from him, and now that he finally had it, he was infatuated with it. It held no real meaning for her. And that hurt, because somewhere deep inside she was yearning to be a mother.

The backdoor opened as Isaiah walked in.

"Hey baby, have a good day at school?" she smiled at him.

"It was alright," he said shrugging off his backpack and unzipping it.

At the moment Justin came bounding down the stairs, Neveah's head resting on his shoulder.

"Dad! Dad look. I had to make this picture of my family in class-."

"Not right now Isaiah. Can you show me later?"

Justin smiled brightly at 'Angel' as he walked past Isaiah and into the family room. The little boy sighed and looked down, disappointment evident in his feature. Emerald frowned at how unfair it all was. Wrapping her arm around her son's shoulders, pulling him close to her side she smiled at him.

"You can tell me all about your picture baby," she said.

Isaiah smiled softly, turning in the direction of the stairs leading to his room, Em in tow.


Emerald sat at a stop light in the SUV, willing the aching in her head to go away. She'd been tired and achy ever since she got home from the hospital a week ago. Her cellphone started ringing and that noise didn't help. She grabbed it aggressively and pressed 'send' taking a moment to take a deep breath before answering.

"Hello?" she said as sweetly as possible.

"Mom?"

"Yeah baby, what's going on."

"Dad didn't come to pick me up."

"What?"

"He didn't come."

"Where are you baby? Are you still at school?" she got into the left lane, preparing to make a U-Turn.

"No, Billy's Mom was late so I'm at their house. Can I stay here?" her heartbroke at the saddness in his tone.

"Yeah, you can hang out there for a few hours."

"Kay."

The line was silent for a moment as she tried to think of something comforting to say.

"You know, I bet he thought you had soccer or that I was going to get you. I know be didn't forget."

"Yeah," he didn't believe her, "Well, I'll see you later Mom."

"Okay. I'll pick you up on my way home."

"Okay."

"I love you Isaiah," she hoped that meant something.

"Love you too Mom. Bye."

"Bye," she waited for him to hang up before she hung up herself and immediately she hit the steering wheel, pounding her fist into it.

How could he do this? How could he forget? What was happening between them was one thing, but Isaiah didn't need this. He didn't deserve this. He'd only had his father for 2 years and now it was like he was gone all over again. She picked up her cellphone angrily and pressed in the numbers for Justin's cellphone, wanting to chew him out, but not having the engery. Plus he head was pounding so hard she could barely hear the radio.

Justin laughed at Chris' muttered and set his soda down when his phone began vibrate in his pocket.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"Huh?"

"You were supposed to pick-up Isaiah at two. Where are you?"

"Shit baby, I forgot. I'm at Chris', I decided to bring Angel by."

Emerald sighed on the other end.

"I'll go get him right now."

"No don't, he's at a friends. I decided to let him stay there awhile."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not the one you should be saying that too. So I see you picked up Neveah's from your Mom's this morning."

"Yeah, I got her," he looked at the baby cooing from Lance's lap.

"Well, I have some stuff to do so you'll probably get home before me. I'm gonna pick up Isaiah on my way. And Just, please don't let Neveah go to sleep. You know she gets up all night."

She may not get up with her, but she was awake for every single cry.

"Em chill. I'm your husband, not a babysitter," he chuckled.

'Then act like it Mister,' she thought.

"Sorry. I know, there's just so much going on."

"I know," Neveah's cries sounded in the backround, "I gotta go. Bye,' he hung up before she could respond.

She made a tsssk noise and then tossed her phone to the back of the vehicle, not caring to have a conversation with anyone.

After running by the grocery store and a few other places she drove to Billy's house to get her son before heading home for the day.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Tyler," she smiled, "I don't know what happened. Miscommunication between my husband and I, I guess."

Isaiah snorted as he stood in front of her and she hugged him tightly in warning.

"It's alright, the same thing has happened with us, I'm just glad I came when I did, before something happened to him."

"Same here. Well Isaiah, we better get going, there's food in the back, I don't want it to spoil."

"Bye Mrs. Tyler, by Bill."

"Thank you again," Emerald led him to car.

The woman her son waved from the doorway as they began the short drive to their house.

"So, did you have fun at Billy's?" she asked.

Isaiah shrugged.

"What'd you do in class today, anything interesting?"

Isaiah shook his head.

"Do you really not feel like talkin right now?"

Isaiah nodded.

"Okay, I can understand that," she took his little hand in hers and gave it a squeeze before turning her attention back to the road.

The drive lasted only a few more silent minutes. When they pulling into the driveway Isaiah opened the door, trying to run into the house. Emerald grabbed his arm.

"Isaiah wait."

He paused and slowly climbed back into the car. Emerald opened her mouth and then closed it again, not really knowing what to say.

"Baby, I know you don't feel like talking, and that's okay. But I wanted to say that I know Daddy's been acting alittle... odd since the baby came. He's been alittle weird with me too. But I don't want you to think that this is anyone's fault. Things are just alittle weird right now. But I know he loves you very much, more than anything and he would never hurt you."

Isaiah didn't even look at her.

"He's very sorry about what happened."

"Why does he do it? He forgetted me today and he ignores me all the time. I tried to show him my picture and he just walk away. I asked him to play a game wif me or watch a movie and he always says he's busy with Neveah-Angel. I wish that stupid baby would just go away," he crossed his arms.

"Don't say that," Emerald touched his arm, "You don't mean that."

"Yes I do! Everything was fine before she came. I wish she never exsisted!" he jumped from the car and ran towards the house.

Emerald got out and ran after him, being that he was so much smaller, she caught him quickly and pulled him into her arms. Large tears rolled down his cheeks and he sobbed into her shirt.

"Honey I know things are weird, and you don't understand. But don't ever say anything like that again. That is your sister and I need to you love her and take care of her okay? Don't regret her, cause I don't."

He only sniffled and kept crying.

"Things are going to be back to normal soon. I promise."


That night things were quiet in the Timberlake home. Isaiah stayed in his room, away from his mothers concerned eyes and out of his fathers way. Emerald sat by herself, thinking. And Justin, he was completely oblivious to it all. He sat in the family room with his daughter watching some sport on TV.

The more that Emerald thought about it, the sadder she became. Her son was right, everything had changed when Neveah came, and she wondered what they would be like she wasn't there anymore. The thoughts worried her alittle, but she thought nothing of them. Everyone at some point in time asks 'what if...?'. It's nothing new, nothing different. But it was time for her to say something to Justin. Things had to change around here before she went crazy and flipped out on everyone.

"Em? I'm going to pick up JC. He's alittle... intoxicated and he doesn't wanna drive."

"Okay."

"I'm leaving Angel here. Take care of my baby," he breezed past her and out the door.

Emerald chewed her bottom lip a moment before sitting up. Maybe now was her chance to say something to him. If she didn't know, she may never have the courage.

"Justin!" she called him back.

"Huh?" his curly head poked around the doorway.

He stared at her with half-interested, anxious eyes. He really wanted to get going so he could get back and be with his daughter. Emerald on the other hand was having a hard time pushing the words forming in her head to her lips. She wanted to yell and scream, chew him out, rip him a new one for the way he'd been behaving. But somewhere deep in her throat the words evaporated and all that came out was air.

"Nothing," she said finally.

He nodded, and was out the door again. Emerald smacked herself the forehead.

"What the hell was that?" she asked herself.

Never had she acted like that before. She'd never been that intimidated by him before, and it made her feel so weak. She waited to hear the car engine start and slowly fade away before she moved from her chair and upstairs to the baby's room. She spotted her, laying in the crib, kicking her feet up in the air. As Emerald approached the baby bed, she gasped at the sight of her daughter. It was like she was seeing her for the first time. Curly dark brown hair, cute little pudgy cheeks, deep blue eyes. She was a female version of her father.

But none of this felt like it was real. Like it had some meaning. She was watching a movie, looking at someone else's child. This wasn't her baby. As she stared down at the little girl, the thought flashed across her mind again. What would things be like is she wasn't here? If she hadn't come along? Or if she was to simply, disappear? It happens, newborns disappear or pass on all the time. Maybe if she were to go away, she would get her husband, her family back. Maybe that was what needed to happen.

Falling back into reality Emerald backed up until her back hit the door. What had she just thought of? What was she thinking? She brought a hand to her mouth in realization. She had considered, for a moment, disposing of her baby. She'd thought of just taking her some place miles and miles away and just leaving her there to fend for herself. Tears rolled down her cheeks as the thought rushed into her mind again. This wasn't right. This wasn't normal. Something was wrong.

Neveah started to fuss from her crib and Emerald stood up not knowing what to do. What was she supposed to do? She couldn't pick her up, she was too afraid. What if she did something? What if she went off into her zone again and hurt her? Tossed her out the open window or pulled the blanket over her face. Oh God... she wanted her child gone. What kind of mother was she? What kind of person was she?

Emerald stumbled out of the room, closing the door behind her. She prayed out loud to God to give her strength as the tears kept coming. She didn't know what she was doing, or what was going to happen. All she knew was something had to change. When Justin got home, she pretended to be fast asleep, he never knew the difference. He didn't even reach across to her side of the bed.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki