This Way (Our Love Story Series part 3) by Coffee


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"Oh, hold on Mama, someone's on the otherline."

"Alright."

"Kay," Emerald clicked to the other line, "Hello?"

"Hey baby."

Her forehead crinkled.

"Justin?"

"Yeah. Who else?"

"Uh... I-I'm just surprised to hear your voice that's all. You know, Neveah's not here, she's with your Mom."

"I know. But I didn't call for her, I called to talk to you."

"Me?"

"Yeah. How's your day?"

"Um, fine. I haven't done much of anything yet. I'm considering it my day off since no one's home."

"Good. You deserve a day to yourself."

Emerald smiled alittle.

"Justin are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"I dunno. Your just acting alittle... different."

"I am different Em. I'm gonna be different for you."

She nodded, though he couldn't see her.

"I--I'm gonna try to be different for you too Justin."

"Okay," he sighed,"Well I gotta go."

"Alright."

"I'll call you in a couple hours, before I leave here."

"Okay."

"Okay. Hey, I love you baby."

"I love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye," she bit her lip as she listened to him hang up, before she clicked back, "Ma?"

"Still here."

"Sorry about that. It was Justin."

"Ahh. Things back on track for you two?"

"I guess. Things have been better for us."

"He apologise?"

"Yeah..."

"But?"

"But things are still just little weird between us. Alot of things happened ya know?"

"Yeah, but you have to forgive Emmy. Love is forgiving, it does not dwell on the mistakes of others."

"I know Mama, it's just alittle difficult at time is all."

"I know. But I'm sure you and Justin will work things out some how. You always have," she chuckled.

"Yeah. Well I better go, Lynn's going to be bringing the kids back in a few hours and I desperately wanted to get some cleaning done."

"That bad huh?"

Emerald looked around the living room and nodded, "Yeah, that bad."

"Alright. I'll talk to you later. Tell the kids grandma says 'hi'."

"I will Mom. Love you."

"Love you too dear. Bye."

"Bye."

Emerald clicked the 'off' button on the phone and looked down at it for a moment. Talkin to her mother was getting more and more difficult by the day. The woman wanted them to have the perfect marriage so bad, but she had no idea the problems surrounding her daughter and her family. She knew nothing about the pills, nothing about the fight, nothing about the kiss.

Emerald let out a sigh, allowing her eyes to leave her lap and float upwards towards the ceiling. Thank GOD her mother knew nothing about the kiss. That would have to be one of the most humiliating things she'd ever done in her life. 'Hey Ma, I know your proud of me for sticking with Justin and having kids and doing so well, but I screw it all up and got addicted to pills. Sorry.' She could just image her mothers face already. The shock, the horror, the shame. The last time her mother had given her a look anywhere close to what she was imaging was when she had told her about her rape. Her rape. Her shoulders slumped and her breathing slowed as those moments came flooding back into her mind.

Emerald walked out into the main part of the club and through the doors. She pulled her coat tighter around herself when the freezing midnight air hit her body.

Her body shuddered.

She pulled open the door, but before she could step into the car someone grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back. She tried to scream but a black-gloved hand was covering her mouth.

"Don't move...," a husky voice whispered in her ear.

Her chin quivered and she wrapped her arms around herself.

He grabbed her again and held his hand over her mouth once more and he drug her towards the alley behind the building. He threw her down onto the ground, Emerald immediatly began kicking and screaming as she tried to get up.

A lone tear made it's way down her cheek.

He pulled at her pants, the elastic band had been tied but it only took seconds for him to rip them off of her... Her clothes were roughly pulled from her body, she cried the whole time... She blocked out his groans and turned away when he tried to kiss her. She had never felt so horrible in her life. She wasn't even a person anymore, she was a piece of meat, some play thing he wanted. Only now he had her.

She sniffed and cleared her throat, wipping her face free of all the tears. It was moments like these that she missed her husband the most. Moments when she felt weak, fearful, and powerless. Moments when she needed to be held by the person that was there for her, the person that understood. The person that knew how to tell her everything was going to be okay, without saying a word. But he wasn't there. He hadn't been inawhile and she wasn't sure that he knew her well enough to be that person again, or if she knew him well enough to let him be.

The phone rang in her hand and she jumped. She'd forgotten she was even holding it.

"Hello?"

"What's up?"

"Hi Jayce," she wipped her face again and tried to speak as professionally as possible.

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking about cleaning. You?"

"Thinking about going out."

She snorted, "Yeah that's almost the same thing."

"So," he began slyly, "How are things?"

"Good. We talked."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we more than talked."

"Huh?"

She rolled her eyes. She wanted to talk to him about this, but somehow tellin him the details of their sex life was alittle weird. Actually, talking to him about their personal life all together was feeling alittle weird now.

"We, ya know," she hinted.

His end was quiet and she could tell he was trying to figure it out.

"JC, oh my God come on, think about it."

"I don't get it."

"We did the thing, the deed, ya know?"

"The thing... oh. Oh! You did that?"

"Yeah."

"So that means things are okay now?"

"I dunno. They're better now, he just called me alittle while ago and he hasn't done that in forever. But I just felt like he was using out physical relationship to get to me. Like sleeping with me was going to make everything okay. It kind of cheapened it in a way."

"I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. He probably just wanted to make sure you knew that he still wanted you. That he wanted to make things work."

"Yeah, well whatever, I dunno. But I do know I need to get my butt up and start doing some work around here before the Health Board comes sniffing around."

JC laughed.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

She hung up and put the phone on the table. She smiled to herself, thinking about her friend. How odd that he always seemed to call right when she needed someone too.

"Oh well," she sighed, "Now. Clean Emerald, clean."


"Dude, what are you doing? That is not the exit to get home," Chris pointed.

"I know that, we need to make alittle stop first. Chill."

"Where are we going?" his voice was weary.

"I need to stop by the mall."

"Justin this is no time to feed your shoe fetish. I'm tired," Chris shifted in his seat.

"I'm not. I need to stop by 'Bath and Body Works'."

Chris' head whipped around.

"Why the hell are you going to 'Bath and Body Works'?"

"I need to get something for Em. She loves things that smell nice."

"You know, I've noticed that everytime I see her she smells different. And I've seen her a hell of alot of time."

"Yeah, you should see her side of the bathroom."

"I've seen her side of the bacthroom. It's crazy. But it pales in comparison to your closet," Mike sounded from the backseat.

"Hey, A) leave my shoes outta this. Em and I are two different cases. I have a slight addiction. She, she is obsessed. B) When were you in my bathroom?" Justin glared at him through the rearview mirror.

"The candles," Mike changed the subject and looked at Chris.

"I'll valch for the candles," Chris nodded.

"What's with the candles? They're everywhere. She put some in the studio. In the studio."

Chris groaned and shook his head as Justin continued.

"I'm like, 'Baby, you've got them everywhere....'"

"Everywhere," the two other men said in unison.

"...'Everywhere else, why did you have to put them in my studio? My studio. I don't like them. I don't want them. Get them out.'"

"Did you really tell her that?" Mike asked.

Justin hesitated with a smirk.

"I told her they were great."

Chris and Mike didn't even bother trying to contain their laughter.

"She has got you wrapped around her pink finger so bad," Chris chuckled.

"But I don't mind. If it makes my woman then I'm all for it. You don't know Emerald when she gets angry."

"Hello! I was your friend all three times she left you."

"Yeah, that's the point. When she left me, I couldn't see how upset she gets, now that we're married she can't leae. So she has no choice but to let it out, on me."

"That's the reason you married her huh? So she'd quite leaving you."

Justin laughed.

"Yeah. No. I love her, and I wanted the world to know it."

Chris patted him on the back.

"She's rubbing off on you man. You're turning sap on us."

"Turning?" Justin eyed him, "When it comes to my wife I've always been a sap. Personally, I think it makes me more masculine."

They laughed at that.

"What?" he asked innocently, "It does."

~*~*~*~

When Justin arrived home that evening, he was surprised to find his wife standing near the door when it opened.

"Hi," he glanced at her as he dropped his jacket in the closet.

"Hey, I was just making sure it was you, not one of your crazy friends looking for you."

"Nope, only crazy me."

She smiled slightly and turned to walk away.

"Oh hey," he stopped her, "I got you this."

Emerald slowly took the red and gold bag from his hand and looked at him hesitantly.

"You got me something?"

"Yeah. Open it."

"What is it?"

"Open it," he insisted.

She set the bag down on the entry table and dug into it. When she pulled her hands back out she found Sweet Pea lotion and body spray, honeydew soap, strawberry shampoo, and a red teddybear.

"You got all this stuff for me?" she questioned.

"Yeah, I hadn't noticed any new freaky scents coming from the bathroom lately."

She smirked. He was putting effort into their relationship and she had good feelings about that.

"You like my freaky scents and you know it."

He shrugged, but revealed nothing.

"So I was thinking today and uh, you and I haven't been alone together for awhile. I thought it'd be a good idea to take a little trip up the coast for the weekend. Spend some time alone. Have alittle time to talk."

"Just you and me?"

"Just you and me."

"I think that's a good idea. I think we need that right now."

He smiled that Timberlake grin that made her heart skip a beat.

"Good. Me too."

She smiled back. But a tug on her pantleg cause her brow to furrow and her attention to be diverted to the floor. There, sitting next to her, smiling a toothless grin, was Neveah. The baby cooed, her eyes shining brightly as she reached up towards her mother. Emerald looked up at her husband, her eyes full of confusion. Why was the child reaching for her? She hadn't been around her in so long she was positive that Neveah didn't even know who she was anymore. Now she'd managed to crawl her way from the familyroom to the foyer, and was trying to stand up using the material on her leg as a ladder.

Justin watched as his wife looked from him to the baby, and then back again not entirely sure of what to do. He took matters into his own hands, reaching down to lift up his daughter, he kissed her forehead before handing her to Emerald. She shook her head, not wanting to take the child, but he put the baby in her arms anyway. She was frozen at first. It was like she had forgotten how to be a mother, like this little person was a foreign consept. But when Neveah giggled and took her mothers face in her hands, Emerald smiled too and slowly began to feel at ease.

"Hi little one," she said smoothing her hand over the baby's hair.

Justin watched the interaction as mother and daughter took the first and most important step in bridging the gap between them. He smiled proudly, only sorry that he'd deprived them both of eachother for so long.


"So you have my cell number right?"

"Yes."

"Justin's cell?"

"Yep."

"The hotel number?"

"Emerald. Get out," Lance chuckled.

"Hey, don't take that tone with me mister."

"Babe, come on, we need to go if we wanna get there before sunset," Justin touched her arm.

She glanced at him before sighing and looking to her son.

"Come give Mama a hug."

He walked over, wrapping his arms around her waist. Emerald kissed his head, and he told her he loved her before letting go and heading towards the familyroom. Justin handed Neveah to Emerald before walking after him.

"Hey, I," he called.

Isaiah stopped and turned to look at his father. It was obvious Justin wasn't his favorite person at the moment. Justin got down on his knee, to his son's level.

"Hey buddy."

Isaiah didn't say anything.

"Listen, I know things haven't been the best between you and me and me and your Mom. And that's my fault. It has nothing to do with you, or your sister, or your Mom. It was me. But I haven't been the best Dad to you and I'm sorry. But I promise, starting right now, things are going to be different. I'm going to try very hard to make it up to you. Okay?"

"Kay," Isaiah nodded.

"Can I have a hug?"

The 7 year old put his arms around his fathers broad shoulders. Justin's eyes slide closed as he realized he hadn't held his child in a long time. He planted a kiss on his son's head.

"I love you bud."

"Love you too Dad."

He squeezed him alittle tighter before pulling away.

"Okay, now you'll be good for Uncle Lance?"

Isaiah nodded enthusiastically. He knew that as soon as his parents left he would be off to Uncle Chris's house where he could stay up late, eat candy for breakfast, and play paintball all he wanted.

"And you'll keep an eye on your sister?"

"Yep."

"Okay," Justin ruffled his hair and the boy groaned.

"See you later."

"Bye Dad."

Justin returned to find Neveah on Lance's hip and Emerald tapping her foot impatiently.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Yep."

She smiled at her baby before opening the front door and heading for the car, Justin in tow.

"Have fun," Lance waved with a grin.

~*~*~*~

Around 8pm that night the couple sat in a hotelroom of the El Captain, a shoreside hotel. It was bright and pretty, lots of flowers and rose pattern. Romantic. Her guess was that was why it was chosen, Justin wanted it that way. What was happening however, was far from romantic. They were seated on the sofa in the mainroom, one of them on each end of the couch, the television playing something stupid, but was serving the purpose of keeping the two of them from having to do the one thing they dreaded. Talk. The tension and uneasiness could be cut with a knife as she shifted uncomfortably. Then he did too. And that was it.

Emerald sighed and picked up the remote, turning off the TV before turning to her husband of 2 years.

"Can we talk?"

"Right now? We just got here."

"Well, I thought it'd be better to get it over with now. I mean, I know we're both thinking about it. But if you wanna wait that's fine too."

"No. Let's, let's talk."

"Alright," Emerald settled back against the couch.

And then there was silence. They'd agreed to talk, now what would they say?

"So are you gonna hate me forever?" Justin broke the silence.

Emerald shrugged and shook her head at the same time. She had to be honest, part of her did hate him. She was damaged. But all of her still loved him, he was her everything. That was why it hurt so bad. She'd been rejected by the one person most important to her.

"Em, I know I was wrong, and I've apologised and I'll apologise again. I am so, so sorry. But I need to know what you need me to do."

"Why? Why did you treat me that way?"

"I've felt so guilty about my relationship with Isaiah. I missed his first step, first word, everything. I didn't want those regrets with Neveah. I want her to remember her father being in her life, I want to be in every picture. But I took it to far, I was so caught up in that."

"Justin," she sighed, "you have to let go of that."

"I can't let go of that Em," he interupted, " I missed everything. I'm his father and I wasn't around. I'll be damned if I was going to do the same thing to my daughter."

"Justin he knew you loved him. He knew that every moment of every day, and there's no way Neveah could have grown up without knowing that too. You weren't there in the beginning but your here now and that counts for something too. You have to forgive yourself, you have to forgive me for that."

Why was she comforting him? Wasn't he supposed to be trying to make her feel better?

"That wasn't your fault. I was the one being stupid."

"I didn't exactly help. I mean, taking prescription drugs wasn't the best thing to do."

Justin looked at her, his eyes sympathetic. She didn't know she wasn't hooked on anything. She didn't know about the conversation he'd had with her doctor. Should he tell her? She had a right to know what was going on with her body and her mind. But he didn't want to embarass her further. Maybe it was a lesson she needed to learn.

"You keep asking me what I need Justin. But the truth is, I don't know. I've never been in this before, I don't know what to feel, what to think, what to want. But, I think right now I need you to want me. I need you to want to be with me."

Justin reached out to take her hand and spoke carefully.

"Ofcourse I wanna be with you. Those papers scared me to death. I don't know what I would do if I lost you again."

"I don't wanna lose you," her thumb rubbed the back of his hand.

"Your not going to. I'm stuck like glue."

Her body leaned forward, pressing against her husband as she hugged him tightly. He sighed into her hair, squeezing her so tight it almost hurt. But she loved it, and she smiled to herself. Her heart wasn't mended, but it was positive that it would be eventually.

The weekend continued on, all tension and uneasiness completely disappearing. Time alone was exactly what they needed. Time to figure out who they were, who the other was, what they were together. What they needed from their relationship. Time to strip down from the labels that were plastered onto them everyday. Time to not be Emerald and Justin Timberlake. Time to not be Mom and Dad. Time to not be anything but husband and wife. They spent the day splashing in the ocean, the night at a small resturant, followed by a hot session on bed late that night, ending with watching the sunrise from their balcony. But the time it was time to head home on Sunday afternoon, they felt like a different couple. So good and completely different that they almost didn't wanna leave. But they needed to see if they could make it at home. If they would still be okay once they left the fairytale land and returned to the real world.

You're here, I'm pleased I really dig your company. Your style, your smile, your peace mentality. Lord, have mercy on me I was blind, now I can see. What a king's supposed to be. Baby I feel free, come on and go with me.

Justin slowly turned in a circle as he danced. Emerald looked up from the suitcase she was packing and giggled at him.

"I love this song. Come on dance with me babeh," he grabbed her hand and pulled her close.

Let's take a long walk around the park after dark. Find a spot for us to spark conversation, verbal elation, stimulation. Share our situations, temptations, education, relaxations. Elevations, maybe we can talk about Surah 31:18.

"Justin, we're dancing in a hotel room."

"So?"

"So don't you think it's alittle chessy? I mean I feel like I'm in a Julia Roberts movie."

"Em," he kissed her forehead, "Shut up."

Your background it ain't squeaky clean shit. Sometimes we all got to swim upstream. You ain't no saint, we all are sinners. But you put your good foot down and make your soul a winner. I respect that, man you're so phat. And you're all that, plus supreme. Then you're humble man I'm numb. Yo with feeling, I can feel everything that you bring.

Soon the song ended and before they could pull apart Avril Lavigne's voice filtered through the speakers. Emerald pulled her arms from around him and stepped back over to the bed.

"Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated? I see the way your acting like your somebody is gettin me frustrated," Justin sang loudly before playing air guitar.

Emerald shook her head while folding one of his shirts.

"I'll never understand. I think if you could you'd marry her instead of me."

Justin shrugged.

"Well..."

She looked up sharply at his hesitation. He gave her a charming smile and she inturn picked up a pillow, hitting him on the head.

"What?" he looked flabbergasted, "Avril's hot, what can I say?"

"Yeah I got your Avril right here," she hit him again.

"Hey, watch the hair."

Smack.

"Emerald if you hit me again-."

Smack.

"I'm serious-."

Smack again.

He didn't say another word, simply lunged at her, knocking her to the bed. she let out a shriek and immediatly began to wiggle as his fingers tickled her sides.

"Justin-stop-ah-this is not fair. Your in trouble now me," she put her knee to his chest to ty to push him off but all that did was give him ammunition. He grabbed her ankle and began to tickle the bottom of her foot as well.

"Are you gonna stop hitting me?"

She replied with a laugh.

"Are you?"

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes Justin?"

"And...?"

"Yes Justin the almighty king, most awesomest beatboxer in the world and man I love for all eternity."

He leaned down and kissed her knee.

"I love you too."

The moment he climbed off of her and turned around, a pillow hit him on the back. He turned again to see an innocent smile on his wife's face.

"What?"

He let out an animalistic growl and pounced on her. She groaned when his weight landed on her torso. He laid there a moment before shifting so he wasn't crushing her any longer.

"Am I hurting you?"

"No," she hooked her hands in the waistband of his jeans.

He raised his hand to her cheek, "I love you so much."

"I love you too Justin."

"We're gonna be okay right?"

She nodded, "We will be."

He gave her a gentle kiss, and then another, and then a third before a longer kiss laced with passion and love. He pulled away slowly, regretfully, and ran a hand down her face.

"You should attack me with pillows more often."

"I will."

"Good."

He lowered his head, meeting her lips again. The kiss grew rapidly, in an instant his hands were snaked under her shirt and resting against the skin on her back.

"If you keep doing that, we're not going to get home on time. And you'll have to explain it to Lance why we didn't releave him of the brats on time."

"Okay," he agreed.

Emerald giggled.

"And you'll have to explain to Isaiah why we were late. And you know he can tell when your lying, so he'll hound you and hound you till he finds out the truth."

Justin paused, one of his eyebrows arching. Put his hormones in check and get up, or explain the birds and the bees to his 7 year old.

"Alright," Justin sat up, "come on, we have 20 minutes till check out."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki