The Prince & The Pauper by Laurencoz


Number of reviews: 333
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


*Chapter 11*





Justin looked over the garden and was sure he had made a good decision. Never in his life had he seen so many flowers. Everywhere he looked there were more, and small lights were hidden in each group of flowers, making the garden have an almost magical look. Although he didn’t watch many chick flicks, he guessed that this sort of place would fit perfectly into a romantic movie. The only thing besides the flowers was a winding brick walkway, just for him and Emma.

He glanced over at her slightly and noticed her wistful look as she enjoyed the cool breeze of the night. He couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she was. It was so cliché that she was actually a princess, because she definitely looked like one. He watched as she raised her head to the sky and smiled, looking at each star. When she felt Justin’s eyes on her, she tore her gaze from the sky and looked at him. “This is so beautiful. I never realized how perfect this place was. You must bring all your girls out here,” she said, teasingly.

“Nope, just you,” He said. “To be honest, I have a lot more important things to worry about besides girls lately.”

She looked at him curiously. “You mean you actually care about your kingdom these days?”

He smiled and pointed to a bench where they could sit. “I guess I deserve that. I think my family and I really need to change something. Our focus should really be on the people, instead of on being so 'proper'.”

Emma’s mouth dropped open. It was the first time, she had ever seen this side of Ryan. She joined him on the bench. “So you don’t think your family gives to others enough?”

He shook his head. “I mean, we spend so much time listening to what everyone tells us to do, and instead we don’t get anything done. We worry about appearances, and what others think of us. When really, there are a lot of people who need our help.”

She thought for a moment. “I guess my family is the same way. I have such a crazy schedule and it’s supposed to prepare me for the future, but I’m not doing anything for the good of others.”

He nodded. “Exactly.”

She smiled, impressed at his compassion. “I think someone is growing up.”

He shook his head. “No. I’m just a different person, now,” He said, with more truth in it than she was aware of.

“Well, I’m beginning to think I like this new Ryan,” She said, winking at him.

Justin’s felt butterflies in his stomach as he contemplated her words. Could if be possible that she liked the real him more than she liked Ryan? He looked to his left and spotted a pink and white tulip peeking through the bench. He plucked it out and gave it to her. “Do you like tulips?”

“They’re my favorite,” She said, taking the flower. “Sometimes I think they’re too perfect, like a little piece of paradise.”

He nodded and spoke up before he could stop himself. “Just like you.”

She smiled, surprised at his sweetness. She leaned over and kissed his cheek.

***


Ryan and Sam’s feet dangled as they sat on the tower’s balcony, leaning against the guard rail. They had been talking for almost an hour straight and watched as the sun began to set. As the two looked out across the distance, it was finally silent.

“Hey Sam?”

“Yep?”

“You’re ugly.”

“Hey Justin?”

“Yep?” Ryan said, feeling weird answering to that name.

“You’re skinny.”

“Ouch!” He gave her high five. “Good comeback.”

She slapped his hand and laughed.

“So, what’s your biggest fear?” He said, leaning back against the tower.

“You first,” She said, leaning back next to him.

“Okay. Promise you won’t tell?”

“Yeah, J.”

“Pinky swear?” He held up his pinky.

She hooked his pinky. “Pinky swear. Now what is it?”

He hesitated. “…Poodles.”

She tried to keep a straight face. “That’s mine too! They‘re so....…scary.”

“I know, right? With those eerie barks and those evil little teeth…”

She finally laughed out loud. “Boy, you are crazy.”

He laughed too, and yawned. Then he smiled at her, looking in her eyes.

Sam met his gaze and then turned away, afraid of the feelings she was starting to have. ‘Was I just thinking about kissing him?’ she thought. ‘He was giving me that look.’

Ryan closed his eyes and leaned against her shoulder. He felt so relaxed to just be sitting with her and not worrying about what anyone would think, or what he should be doing. He was tired of schedules and being told what to do. This was exactly the type of break he needed, and he knew that Sam was exactly the type of girl he wanted to be spending his time with.

She finally broke the silence. “Justin, something is wrong.”

He opened his eyes and looked at her questioningly. “What?”

“Something is so different about you lately, and I can’t figure out what it is.”

“Why is that wrong? Is it a bad kind of different?”

She shook her head. “No, I didn’t mean it like that. You just seem like a completely different person, lately.”

“Well would you rather have me act like I did before?” He said.

“Justin, you know you’re my best friend and I think you’re awesome no matter what. It’s just that the seeing you relax and have fun is really great. I love being around you when you’re like this…maybe a little too much,” She said, looking away.

He smiled to himself. “Are you saying that being best friends isn‘t enough?”

Samantha panicked. It scared her a little that he might want more than friendship. If she was honest with herself, she was scared because she wanted more than friendship, too. She tried to avoid the subject and stood up. “It’s getting late. You probably have to go pick up Olivia soon, right?”

Ryan nodded. “Yeah, we can go.”

He had a feeling she would react this way, but he didn’t give up. He was going to let her know exactly what she was missing without him, even if it meant making Justin stay prince a little longer.




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki