The Prince & The Pauper by Laurencoz


Number of reviews: 333
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


*Chapter 12*





Justin woke up the next morning and after hearing his plans for the day, he slipped downstairs to the main Dining Hall where breakfast was served. Ryan’s parents were waiting for him at the table. They seemed so small compared to the enormous table, but that didn’t seem to bother them as they munch on their breakfast. Ryan’s mother smiled at him. “Good morning, sweetie.”

“Good morning,” he said, amazed at the size of the meal prepared for him. There were pancakes, pastries, fruit, bacon, eggs, sausages, and much more. If Olivia could see this, he thought, she would flip. He started on some of the fruit.

“How was your night with Emma?” Ryan’s father asked.

Justin smiled, remembering the previous night. “It was really nice. She liked the walk in the garden. Hopefully, she’ll want to come over again, soon.”

Ryan’s mother smiled knowingly at his father. “See what I mean? Ryan has stars in his eyes.”

His father picked up his fork. “Whose idea was it to stop pushing them together and let them come together on their own? If I remember correctly, that was mine.”

His mother squealed, “Isn’t it exciting!? They’re falling love!”

His father rolled his eyes. “Alright, no more talking like that or you‘ll ruin what they already started. See he‘s already looking embarrassed.”

Justin looked back and forth between the two and tried to keep his cheeks from turning red. “Emma is a good friend of mine and nothing more as of right now. There are a lot of more important issues besides who I’m interested in.”

Ryan’s mom dropped the bite of roll that was on the way to her mouth. “Is something wrong, Ryan?”

“Yes, something is terribly wrong. There are thousands of people in our kingdom, and we haven’t even met half of them. I was discussing with Emma last night that we don’t reach out to those who need help and I haven’t spent any time with the teenagers. We seem to have forgotten the reason we rule,” He stated, with more confidence than he really had. He looked at them for a response, but they were both shocked into silence.

Ryan’s father was the first to speak. “You know, Ryan, this year we’ve been pretty tough on you. We’ve made you take classes all day without any free time or chance to be social. We were afraid that by giving you freedom to be with other teenagers that you’d be influenced into acting irresponsibly. It’s happened before with you, and as Prince of this kingdom, we just couldn’t let that happen again.”

Justin nodded, quietly. He tried to see where they were coming from and allowed the king to continue. “Judging by what you just said alone, I can tell you’re ready for another chance of responsibility. I see a lot of leadership in you, son. The question is, can you prove to me that you can be a leader in social situations?”

“I would like to be given another chance,” Justin began. “I know I haven’t made all the right choices in the past, but I really have a new passion for the people. I want to do something to help them, but still be able to be with them personally. Is there any way I could be let out into the public?”

His mother sighed. “It’s dangerous out in public. Ryan, we just can’t agree to something like that…”

His father interrupted her. “…well not entirely anyway. I’m going to give you your chance. Why don’t you bring the public here? If you can organize something to be done in the palace, then we have a deal.”

Justin smiled. “I have an idea. What if I brought teenagers in for a charity dance?”

“Like a ball?” His mother asked, excitedly. “How about a ball for Halloween?”

“Halloween would be perfect. Maybe even a masked ball. It will be for teenagers only and all the money received from the tickets will go to the people.”

“Wonderful, Ryan!” His mother yelled, clasping her hands together. “I’ll tell William to start working on details! A masked ball!”

***


Ryan and Sam sat in the computer lab during the last class of the day. They were supposed to be listening to a guest speaker about software management but instead were sending messages back and forth through the computer.

HOTSTUFF321: Smelly Sam!

SAMROX8: Hey fatty.

HOTSTUFF321: Whatever girrrl, don’t hate cuz I’m bootylicious yo

SAMROX8: Hey “hot stuff”, you’re white!

HOTSTUFF321: I’m white and thirsty! Go buy me a drink you crazy hoe

SAMROX8: Take that back, boy.

HOTSTUFF321: Aight suga. Just kidding. I’m sorry, Sam. You’re not a hoe.

SAMROX8: That’s what I thought. :::cracks whip:::

HOTSTUFF321: So why didn’t I get a kiss goodnight yesterday?

SAMROX8: Maybe cuz you’re my fat white friend.

HOTSTUFF321: Or could it be because I’m ugly? Yeah that’s it.

SAMROX8: Either way, you’re not getting a kiss. You should come see me at work tonight.

HOTSTUFF321: Why? You miss me already?

SAMROX8: J, you’re across the room.

HOTSTUFF321: Well I miss you!!

SAMROX8: Don’t you have some guy to go make out with?

HOTSTUFF321: If I did, would you be jealous, Sam?

SAMROX8: Oh yeah. In fact, I’m daydreaming of you eating my face right now.

HOTSTUFF321: Sweet, yessss!

SAMROX8: Bell’s gonna ring. If you get bored come see me at work tonight, k?

HOTSTUFF321: Aight babe. Much love.

Sam rolled her eyes and logged off the computer. She looked across the computer lab to see Ryan getting ready to go. ‘Why is Justin so attractive all of a sudden?’ She thought to herself. She didn’t know what was so different about him lately. Maybe it was just that she was starting to have new feelings for him and noticing all the cute things he did and said. As the bell rang, he glanced across the room at her. He smiled and held a peace sign up to his chest, posing like a thug and then walked out of the room. She laughed to herself and realized she was falling for him fast.




A/N: What do you guys think so far? Anything I need to improve? Post reviews! ;) ~Lauren




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki