The Prince & The Pauper by Laurencoz


Number of reviews: 333
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


*Epilogue*





A million thoughts raced through Emma’s head as she was driving toward the graduation ceremony. She wondered if Justin had already given up on her for good. Someone had once told her that if you shatter a man’s heart, part of him is broken and you can never get his trust back again. She hoped it wasn’t too late.

She pulled up to the high school and noticed the people pouring out the doors. Some were carrying umbrellas and others were just running toward their cars. The ceremony must have just ended she thought. She turned the car off, and got out, running against the flow of people. She reached the entrance and was stopped by a woman with a walkie-talkie. “Do you know where I can find the graduates?”

The woman shook her head. “Sorry hun, they’re already gone.”

Emma’s mouth dropped open. “What do you mean they’re gone?”

“Haven‘t you heard?” The woman smiled. “All of the seniors are taking one last class trip to Hawaii for two weeks. They all left for the airport immediately after the ceremony.”

Emma’s face fell and she quickly thanked the woman for her help. Then she heard her name being called out.

“Emma!” She turned around and saw Ryan and Olivia standing there. He stepped forward and asked her, “What are you doing here?”

“I came to find Justin,” She sobbed. “But it’s too late.”

“You mean, you were going to try to get him back?” Olivia said.

Emma nodded miserably, swiping her tears away. “By the time he gets back from the trip, he’ll have forgotten all about how he feels for me. I’m too late.”

Ryan shook his head and grabbed her hand to follow him. “We still have time. Let’s go!”




“Attention passengers, flight 103 to Honolulu, Hawaii will begin boarding in just a few minutes.” A voice over the intercom announced.

Samantha squealed in her chair next to Justin. “Aren’t you sooooooo excited, J?!”

He rolled his eyes and held back his smile. “Please tell me that you’ll let me SLEEP on the way there?”

She giggled. “Aw, don’t be so grumpy! We’re going to Hawaii!@”

He buried himself in his magazine, trying to pretend that he wasn’t just as eager as she was to go on the trip. He was excited, he really was. It was just that it felt better to sulk for awhile about his princess until they reached the island.

Sam kept going on and on. “…and I can’t wait to…and there’s going to be….and we’re going to see…and you’re white booty is finally gonna get a tan!”

Justin finally let himself laugh. Then he sat up to make sure his carry on bag was zipped and ready as a voice came over the intercom again. “Flight 103 to Honolulu, Hawaii will begin boarding at this time. Will our first class passengers please…”

“Justin!” He heard his name being called out and whirled around from side to side.

Sam looked at him like he was crazy. “What are you doing?”

“Did you hear that?” He asked her, not seeing anyone.

“Hear what?” She said, curiously.

“Justin!” It was slightly louder this time.

“Hear that!” He said, looking around him again.

“Are you hearing those voices in your head again? What are they telling you this time?” She said giggling.

“Sam this isn’t funny. I keep hearing my name,” He said frowning at her.

“Surreee. That’s what they always say when you’re going batty. Have you considered seeing a specialist?” Sam teased.

He groaned and stood up, shrugging it off. The announcement over the intercom told all passengers to board the plane and the entire senior class stood up to gather their things. As he picked up his ticket and made his way over to the door, he heard it again.

“Justin!!”

Sam stopped. “Okay, I heard it too. You know, it sounds a lot like…”

“Emma!” He cried, dropping his bag as someone nearly tackled him.

Emma‘s arms wrapped around his neck. “Please…don’t…leave…yet!” She said, trying to catch her breath.

“You’re here and …very wet,” He said, laughing as the droplets ran down her cheeks.

“I couldn’t let you leave without saying anything…Justin, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said before…”

“Shhh,” He said, as he cupped her cheek with his hand and brushed away the rain with his thumbs. “Don’t even worry about it.”

“No, wait. I really want you to hear this. I talked to your sister, and…” She began.

“My sister?” He questioned. By this time Olivia and Ryan had reached them.

Olivia hid her face when he looked at her. “Oops.”

Emma continued, “Justin, you’re the most honorable person I’ve ever met. I never should have judged you, and I should have known that you were the one for me. You are perfect for me in every way imaginable. I don’t know if you can forgive me, but I would really, really like it if you gave me a second chance. Would you consider it?”

He smiled and looked down at Olivia. “What do you think, Livie?”

Olivia smiled up at them and shrugged. “The girl does put up a pretty good argument.”

“Yeah, I think you’re right. Princess’s only come once in a lifetime, and I’m pretty sure this one’s a keeper,” Justin said, winking at Emma.

They smiled at each other and then looked over at Sam and Ryan. They were speaking french, and not the language either. Justin laughed, “So, I guess our friends are a little tongue-tied at the moment.”

Emma smiled mischievously at Justin. “Jealous?”

“Nah,” He said, smiling. Then he pulled her in for a kiss.

Olivia looked back and forth between the two kissing couples, both oblivious to the fact that the gate for the plane would be closing any minute. She sighed. “Beautiful!” She said, clapping her hands together. “Just beautiful!”

…and just like any other fairy tale, they all lived HAPPILY EVER AFTER.



A/N:
Okay so I'm a hopeless romantic and had to have the cheezy happy ending! Hehe. Thanks for all the feedback and reviews! That's all folks! ~Lauren



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki