Diary of an Affair by Coffee


Number of reviews: 6
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Sixty percent of married men, and fourty percent of married women, cheat. I just didn't know I'd be one of them. We met at a friends house party. Nothing big, just a small get together with about 8 people or so. I was attracted to him, he had these beautiful green eyes. They were very soulful, they put me at ease. He told me his name was Lance, and he had this deep southern drawl, I found that comforting, and alittle romantic. He wasn't loud and obnoxious like other people at the party. He was shy, and a bit reserved. I was comfortable about him, and I felt like he really listened to me. I didn't worry about how I looked or how I sounded when I was with him.

We developed a relationship, and started to spend alot of time together. We'd mostly sit at his apartment playing videogames or watching TV, talking about nothing. We were comfortable just being together, we didn't need to be out doing something, spending alot of money to be happy in eachothers company.

After a few weeks we had grown closer, and we started talking about how cool it was that we liked eachother so much, and how it was such a coincedence that we met that night. I had become even more attracted to him as time had gone by. He was sweet, and charming, and funny, and I couldn't help but want him. But he was very shy, and I knew that if I didn't make the first move then nothing would happen between us because he wouldn't. So one night we were laying on the sofa, and I leaned up and kissed him. It was slow, and sensual. Very romantic. It was definately the best kiss I'd ever had.

Very quickly after that things started to move along. We spent even more time together, we got along even better. It was like this was the relationship I was born to be in, there was no one more suited to me on this Earth. We fell head over heels fast. It was only three months into the relationship when we first had sex. I figured I loved him, and I wanted him, and I was ready to be with him. It was very sensual, and sensitive. There was alot of kissing, and carressing. I realized Lance was very much my rock, my stability in the world at that time.

We had been dating for four years, and things were starting to get boring. We weren't unhappy together, but we knew that it time for something else to happen. Everyone was waiting for us to take that next step in our relationship, and it seemed like the thing we were supposed to do, so I asked Lance to marry me. I wanted him to be happy, and I didn't want him to become bored with our relationship. It was nothing fancy, I didn't get on my knees or anything, I just kinda turned one day and casually asked, "Would you marry me?" and he said, "Yes."

Almost immediately after I started to think about what this meant, and how this was going to completely change my life around. I wasn't positive that this was exactly what I wanted, but I didn't say anything. Lance was very excited, my family was happy, we were already making plans. How could I undo all that and say, "Sorry, I changed my mind?" It doesn't work that way.

Lance wanted a slightly non-traditional ceremony, and we decided that instead of a priest we would have a close friend of ours do the ceremony. We asked a mutual friend of ours, Dennis, to perform the ceremony. Dennis and I had had a brief relationship before my relationship with Lance.

We'd gone out once or twice, very casual. Nothing physical had happened between us. I thought Terri and Lance were good together. I looked at it like, "Here's two of my friends getting together. They're happy." There was no bad blood or jealousy or anything like that.

Things after we got married were fine in the beginning. There wasn't a big change in our relationship. It was new for a moment but then we realized it pretty much what we had been doing before, only now there was a bunch of legal stuff. Lance and I had been pretty good about spicing up things in the bedroom. We liked to try new things, keep eachother guessing, but after a certain point there was nothing left to do. It was just dull and felt like we had fallen into the same routine over and over.

Around that same time Dennis started hanging out with us me. We had grown closer as friend since he performed our wedding ceremony, and it wasn't uncommon for him to be over at the house or to go out on the town with us. He was like our sidekick.

Terri and I are both big flirts, whereas Lance is a little quiet, generally keeps to himself. Terri and I did flirt alittle bit when we were together, but neither of us felt as if it was crossing the line. We weren't doing anything physical with eachother, and the amount of flirting we did did seem to increase with time.

The flirting did begin to grow into more. It became a touch here, a kiss on the cheek there. Nothing that I really thought would lead into more, but at the sametime I knew it was something we shouldn't have been doing because we were careful not to do it infront of Lance.

One night we were in her car, leaving a friends' party, and we started kissing. Kissing lead to touching, and touching lead to alot more. I figured that since it was done, and we had slept together that now it was over. We had gotten it out of our systems and everything between us could go back to normal. We could go back to being friends.

Sleeping with Dennis didn't really weight heavily on my mind. I was still having problems with coming to the realization that I was a married woman, and that I was partaking in actions that I shouldn't have been. I didn't want to be married, no matter how perfect Lance was. I wanted to be young, and single, and carefree. I felt like since I was married the only thing left to do was have kids, and then my life would be wrapped up and I'd never get to experience all the things I wanted too.

One night we'd all gone out to a club and we got back rather late. We sat up watching television for awhile, and it was decided that Dennis would stay the night. Lance had picked him up, and Lance had been drinking and I didn't want him out driving like that.

Lance went to bed before either of us, and once he was gone Terri asked me to go on a walk with her. So we got up and walked out the door. I had a feeling of what she wanted, and part of me knew it wasn't a good idea for us to be continuing to be intimate with eachother. I thought the first time that it was done, it was out of our systems, and it was over, but obviously it wasn't.

I knew as we were leaving the apartment what was going to happen between Dennis and I. That was when I realized I was having an affair.

We found some quiet little place to do it, and we did. It was rough, it was aggressive. Afterwards we acted like it was nothing. We kept it to ourselves. At the apartment I laid down on the couch, Terri got in bed with her husband. I think the next morning he drove me home and that was it. It was like nothing happened.

Almost immediately after I realised I was having an affair I started to feel guilty about it. I didn't want to hurt Lance, but at the same time it was hurting me to keep this bottled up inside, and I knew it was going to start affection our marriage soon. I decided I wanted to try counceling, and Lance was very apprehensive at first. It's kinda funny how I was the one who was cheating, but I had to convince him to go to counceling with me.

Terri had been acting strange ever since that night, and I knew she was starting to think about telling Lance about our affair, she was starting to think of ways for us to get caught. I had no interest whatsoever in getting caught. I didn't think it was a big deal. It was just sex. It was just friends getting together, and we had dated before so you couldn't deny that there had to have been some physical attraction there.

During one of our sessions the therapist asked what I really wanted to be doing. I said I really wanted to live alone for awhile. How could I know that I could take care of a family, and take care of Lance, if I didn't even know if I could take care of myself. Lance was pretty shocked, he was pretty hurt. We had a big fight when we got home. He told me to leave, said it was pretty obvious I didn't want to live with him, he didn't understand how his wife could say that. That's when I told him about Dennis and I. I think part of him already knew, but he didn't want to say anything. He didn't want to believe that his wife and his bestfriend were doing this behind his back. That night I packed some of my things and went to stay at my Mothers.

Lance filed for divorce two days later.

Terri was really broken up about the divorce with Lance. She had been holding on to this fairtale dream of meeting her prince and living happily ever after and it was hard for her to see that that wasn't what was happening. That was when she really started to turn up the charm on me. She started coming over more often. She'd come over and get drunk on purpose so she'd have to spend the night. I wasn't interested in a relationship with her, and I told her so.

There is no relationship with Dennis anymore. I realized that my life was much better without him. Lance and I still talk once in awhile, we're no where near as close as we were before or during our marriage. I can see myself married again one day, but for the right reasons.

Lance Bass declined his invitation to participate in this interview.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki