Something Like You by Chasexy76


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Two

"Angel? You ready to go?" Sliding a pair of dark sunglasses over her blood shot eyes, the young woman gave a nod as she brushed her hair back over her shoulder. Dressed from head to toe in a black suit, the twenty three year old walked towards the black limousine and climbed into the back, followed by her mother and father. She offered her mother a weak smile and reached over to grab her hand. Only a week prior, her dear grandmother had passed away and now she was on her way to the funeral. She smiled to herself when she remembered all the fun times she'd had as a child playing in her grandmother's house with him. Her smile fell immediately when she thought about him.

It had been years since she'd seen Justin. She'd moved away from Millington when she turned 15, after her father had accepted a new job in New York. While she'd been crushed at the thought of leaving the place she'd called home for so long, she quickly realized that it was for the best. Though she'd talked to Justin a few times on the phone, their communication eventually died out completely. A single tear slid down her cheek at the thought before she brushed it away.

Pulling up to the cemetery, she climbed out and held a hand out for her mother, helping her out. Linking fingers with the older woman, she offered her mom another smile before they walked over to where her grandmother was set to be buried, alongside of her husband. Taking a seat in the row of chairs that had been provided in front of the casket. She watched as people filed into the graveyard, taking their places behind the family. As the man spoke, blessing her grandmother, she felt a tear slide down her cheek once more. She bowed her head, her body becoming overtaken by emotions when she felt a hand clamp on her shoulder from behind. Turning around, her eyes widened when she saw him.

~*~

He watched as she bowed her head, her shoulders shaking with silent sobs. Gently pushing a few people aside he moved so that he was standing behind her and reached down, squeezing her shoulder gently. He knew from the look on her face that he was not expected. When Lisa had passed along the information of the death of Mrs. Hayes, he knew he had to come back to Millington. He'd spent many afternoons at her house with Angel, running all over the place and playing in the attic. Even years later, he could remember the distinct smell of the house. He had to come back. He needed to be there to pay his respects to a woman who was like a grandmother to him. And if he was honest with himself, he had to come back in hopes of seeing her once more.

He didn't speak right away. Everything that he wanted to say, he knew he needed to save until they had some alone time. He had a lot of apologizing to do. Turning his eyes back to the casket, he squeezed her shoulder once more and smile when he felt her bring her hand up to pat his gently. He couldn't help but think that maybe things would be okay after all.

~*~

"What are you doing here?" She asked softly. Having gathered at her aunt's home after the funeral, she found it the perfect time to seek Justin out to speak with him. Everyone was busy consoling one another and celebrating the life of her grandmother, they could have plenty of privacy. He turned when she spoke and offered her a small smile. He grabbed her hand gently and pulled her outside so that they could speak alone, without having to talk over the clatter of silverware and idle chatter. Taking a seat on the back step, he patted the spot next to her. He looked over at her.

"When Lisa told me that your grandmother passed, I knew I had to come back," he told her, closing his eyes against the cool breeze that blew. He missed Tennessee. He wasn't here nearly enough. He turned and looked her over. "You look good, Angel." She blushed furiously at the compliment. Removing the sunglasses, she pushed them up onto the top of her head so that she could look clearly over his familiar blue eyes.

"Do you have any idea how much I've missed you?" She asked softly, bringing her hand up to rub his hair gently. "You cut all your curls off," she said, frowning just a little. She'd always loved his curls. They had always been a source of comfort for her. When they used to hug, she would always bring her hair up to twirl his curls in her fingers. He smiled just a little as he brought his hand up to rub his head as well. He moved and pulled her into his arms, rubbing her back gently.

"I've missed you too," he said softly. "I hate how we fell out of touch, but when you moved... that's when NSYNC formed and I was just... I was so busy Angel. I would be rehearsing for hours at a time and I just..." he shook his head with a sigh. "I didn't have time for everything. As much as I hated it... you know? I mean, I don't regret it... but I just... I feel like I missed out on a lot of my childhood, and a out on a lot of time with you," he told her softly. He brought his hand up to rub her cheek gently and went to say something else, though sighed when he felt his cell phone vibrating in his pocket. Pulling his phone out, he sighed when he saw the caller ID.

"Who is it?" She asked, frowning.

"Britney."

"You're still with her?" He gave her a smile.

"Yeah, I am," he said softly. He felt her tense up and then pull away from him. He had no idea that his relationship with Britney had been one of the things that had pulled them apart in the first place. He watched as she stood up.

"I should umm... get back in there. It was nice seeing you against Justin."

He watched, completely dumbfounded as she walked inside the house, closing the door behind her.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki