Something Like You by Chasexy76


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Five

Throwing the phone onto the couch angrily, Angel pushed herself to her feet and stomped into her bedroom. Pulling out the pictures that she'd taken in California, she grabbed a pair of scissors and returned to the living room, having decided to make a few... ahem, adjustments to the pictures. As she cut his face out of the pictures, she felt the angry tears sliding down her cheeks. She had acted overly irrational, and she knew it. But she was hurt. He claimed that she was his best friend and he couldn't even share the news of his engagement with her.

When she had finished cutting his face out of the very last picture, she dropped her scissors and sniffled, wiping the tears away from her face. She couldn't believe this. She'd just spent an entire week with him and he'd not once mentioned his plans to marry Britney. And then a thought hit her... was she upset that he hadn't told her that he was engaged... or was she upset over the fact that he was engaged. Her eyes were wide when she realized the answer to that question. Was it that really what it was? Was she jealous of Britney?

Pushing herself up off the floor, Angel sat down on the couch, pulling her knees up to her chest. Her heart was pounding in her chest at her realization. She wasn't mad that Justin had not shared his news of the engagement, no. She was mad that he was engaged to someone other than her. She shook her head, trying to dismiss the thought. No way. She didn't feel that way about him... did she? She'd been apart from him for years and had just recently gotten back in touch with him. There was no way she could develop feelings for him that quickly... unless the feelings were always there...

~*~

"Justin?"

"Hmm?"

"D'you ever think about how things are gonna be when we're older?" With a loud sigh, Justin paused the video game that had held his attention for over an hour now. He let his eyes glance over her face, wondering why she was asking such ridiculous questions.

"Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Ang?"

"I mean when we get older... we're always gonna be friends, right?" She asked, pausing until she saw him nod in response. "When we get older, I'm gonna marry you," she declared. nodding her head for emphasis. The older boy shook his head.

"Don't be ridiculous, Ang. I'd never marry you" He told her, laughing at her outraged expression. He had to admit, his nine year old counterpart was a weird one.

"Why not? I'm just as good as any ol' girl!" She said, putting her hands on her hips. She scowled when she heard his laughter amplify. "You'd better stop laughin' at me, Justin Timberlake. I'll come over there and knock that stupid smile off your face!" She said, taking a step forward. "I'm not kiddin'! Stop laughin' at me, Justin!" She whined. He shook his head with yet another laugh. "I'm serious! Why won't you marry me?"

"'Cuz I ain't gettin' married," he told her with a shrug of his shoulders. The divorce of his parents had really gotten to him. Though he was just a baby when it had happened, when he was finally old enough to understand that while mommy and daddy still loved him, they weren't together, he quickly made up his mind about this stupid marriage business!

"Oh...well... if you was gettin' married, would you marry me?"

"No."

"Well why not?!" She asked in a huff, her arms crossed over her chest. "That ain't very nice, Justin."

"Cuz you ain't a normal girl, Ang. You're my best friend. That'd just be gross. So sit down an' shut up. I don't wanna hear about this marriage stuff no more, okay?"

With a loud sigh, Angel complied with his request, but she wasn't please. How dare he say that she wasn't a normal girl! Of course she was! There was a slight pout on her lips as she thought about what he'd said.

"I'll show you," she thought to herself with a sigh.


~*~

Driving around Southern California while in a bad mood was not a smart thing to do. It was hot and there was traffic like nobody's business, which seemed to put Justin in an even angrier mood. Did Angel really have the right to get so upset with him? With a sigh, he had to admit to himself that of course she did! He'd put so much time in the past month trying to convince her that she was his best friend and he'd completely destroyed it by keeping his engagement a secret from her.

"If I was in her position, I'd be pissed at me too," he thought with a sigh. If she was engaged and hadn't told him, he would have been pissed too. However, at just the thought of her being engaged caused him to feel sick. Biting his lower lip, he'd never felt more confused in his entire life. Did he like her? In a more than friends way? He shook his head, clearing the thoughts. No way. She was his best friend, end of story. But if that was all he felt for her, why did he have to try so hard to convince himself of it?


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki