Something Like You by Chasexy76


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Six

"What the hell is your problem, Angel?" Glancing over at her girl friend, Angel let a groan escape her lips.

"I don't wanna talk about it, Steph."

"Doesn't have anything to do with Justin being engaged to that skank now, does it?" Rolling her eyes, Angel glanced back over to Stephanie one more time. She'd known this girl for years, ever since she'd moved to New York. She hated the fact that she knew everything, just by looking at her!

"Am I that... transparent?" she asked, running a hand over her face. It'd been two long weeks since she found out about Justin's engagement to Britney, and she'd still not heard from him. Not that she expected to, of course. He owed her nothing. Why on earth would he want to contact her, after the way she'd screamed at him on the phone? But still, part of her kind of wished that he would make some attempt. He did care for her... right?

"How long have I known you now? I can tell when something's bothering you, Angel! And seeing that you spent a week with that asshole, with him giving you absolutely no indication of his plans to marry Britney? Yeah. I won't say that you're transparent, but I know you." Pushing the door of the small cafe opened, she ushered Angel in, before following after her.

"I just... ugh! I'm not so pissed that he's getting married, you know? He's a grown man, it's no secret that he's always been wanting to settle down..." she said, picking up the menu, glancing over it before snapping it shut. "You know what? I just... ugh! Who does he think he IS, Steph? I mean...ugh!" Unable to contain it, a small giggle escaped from Stephanie's lips.

"You're so cute when you get all flustered!" She smirked, nudging Angel under the table with her foot when she groaned. "No, no. In all seriousness? I understand. Completely. I'd be pissed off if you just went out and got engaged to some guy without telling me. Hell, I'm sure Justin would get pissed off too!" She reasoned. She knew that her friend was most likely kicking herself for reacting the way she did. "It's understandable. No one wants to be left in the dark when it comes to their supposed 'best friend'."

"Then why do I feel like complete crap for yelling at him?" She asked, dropping her head to the table. Making a disgusted face, Stephanie nudged her again.

"That is so unsanitary! You're about to eat!" She chided, reaching into her purse for a wet napkin, swabbing the table clean where the distraught younger woman had just placed her head. Shaking her head, Angel let out a small laugh at Stephanie's display.

"Why am I friends with you again?" Rolling her eyes playfully, Stephanie crumbled up the used napkin, before giving Angel an award winning smile.

"What else would you do for fun?"

~*~

"Two weeks!" He snarled, his hands drumming angrily on the steering wheel as he swerved in and out of traffic. "Two weeks, Jace! Two weeks and not one phone call, not ONE apology from her!"

In the passenger seat next to him, JC gripped the seatbelt strapped across his chest, his knuckles turning white. Why did he always agree to ride with Justin?

"Why uh... why haven't you called her?" JC asked, not taking his eyes off the road. If he was going to die, he wanted to at least be aware of it before it happened!

"Call her?!" Justin asked angrily, turning his head to glare at his friend. "Why should I call her? She's the one who screamed at me like a damned fool!"

"JUSTIN! Eyes on the road!" JC screamed, reaching over to grab the steering wheel to steer it back over into the correct lane. To the right of him, a car honked, giving Justin an angry one-fingered salute. Grumbling angrily, Justin waved his hand in apology, turning his attention back to the road ahead of him. But that didn't shut him up.

"Why should I call her?" He demanded.

"Well... you weren't... you weren't exactly being a good friend yourself," JC reasoned, his voice tight. He made a mental note to ride with Lance next time.

"What in the hell are you TALKING about, JC?! I shouldn't have to tell her every single aspect of my life!"

"You'd be pissed as hell if she accepted some dude's marriage proposal and didn't tell you, J." Mulling the older man's words over, he realized JC was right. He'd come to that conclusion on his own, weeks ago. However, he didn't always want to be the one who was wrong in the situation.

"You're right," he admitted. "I'm such an idiot!" Bringing his hand off the steering wheel, he slapped himself in the forehead. "I'm going to call her!" He decided, searching his pockets for his cell phone. Slumping down in his seat, JC raised his eyes to the sky, praying to God to get him to the studio safely.

"Justin! Can you at least wait until I'm safely out of this death trap?!" He asked incredulously, seeing Justin slowly inching over out of his lane again. Bringing his hand up, he covered his face. If he was gonna die, he decided, he'd be better off not knowing!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki