Moving On by tikki


Number of reviews: 6
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


(one year later)

My breathing deepened until I was at the point of hyperventilating. I can't believe I just did that. No. I closed my eyes, hoping upon hope that I wasn't dreaming. I opened them as tears streamed down.

“Mama?” Jeremiah crept out of his room. Tears were streaming down his own chubby cheeks. “Why is Daddy on the ground? Is he dead?”

“No, baby. He's not,” I answered in one breath.

I've been planning this for awhile and there's no way I'm getting suck back into this hell.

I couldn't take my eyes off of Corey's still body. Shards of glass sprinkled the living room floor. Blood was on his shirt and face. But it wasn't all his. It was half mine. He was only bleeding because I was lucky enough to hit him over the head with the vase. And I thanked God he was unconscious.

“Miah? You remember those bags that you and Mommy hid? Can you go get them?”

He scurried away as I racked my mind about what to do. I should call the ambulance just in case. He is human. But my heart keeps screaming to let that son of a bitch die. He left me to die so many times. He'd rape me and beat me until I was on the verge of life. And he'd laugh. Just laugh. But I always hung through. I'd be damned if I left this life leaving Jeremiah with that bastard.

My five-year-old came in, dragging the two bags that I had packed for this exact situation.

“Where we goin'?”

“Away.”

“Is Daddy coming, too?”

“No, baby,” I smiled at him.

I am crazy. Certifiably insane. I don't deserve to leave. I made my bed and I should just lie in it. He loves me. And I just keep screwing up. It's all my fault.

“Stop. Shut up, Raquel,” I whispered to myself.

I picked Jeremiah up, not caring about my injuries. I buckled him up and told him not to leave, just in case Corey did wake up. I took the suit cases, ran back outside, and threw them into my car. My son just stared at me as I ran back and forth from the house and the car. Finally, having everything, I left. Not before calling an ambulance for that sorry bastard.

I sped away from the house, not looking back. Jeremiah eventually fell asleep as I made the hour journey to the house of a person I haven't seen in about a year.

I pulled into the drive way, fearful. I noticed two extra cars parked in his drive way, but I figured he had brought them in the time I haven't seen him. I got Jeremiah out of the car, carrying him on my shoulder. I walked up to the door, ringing the doorbell.

When the door was opened, I swear he was no longer JC. He looked just like a blue-eyed angel. My blue-eyed angel. Tears started at my eyes.

“Raquel?” He murmured my name, staring at me as though he's seen a ghost.

“JC. I know this is last minute, but-”

“Josh? Who's this?” A blonde model type chick came up behind him and wrapped an arm around his waist. It was then that I felt self-conscious enough to look at my appearance.

My button up blouse was ripped and my lip was busted. I know bruises were forming on my light chocolate skin. I bit my lip. “Sorry. I'll, um, be leaving now.”

I turned to walk away, but his arm caught mine.

“Josh? Who's at the door?”

Great. More people were coming and all I wanted to do was disappear. But this is the only place I have to go. I don't have enough money for a hotel. God, why me?

“Veronica, can you give us a sec?” JC asked the blond chick that was waiting in the doorway. “And could you please distract my parents?”

Veronica shot daggers at me as she left. But not before kissing JC fully on the lips, making known to me that JC was hers. Like I wanted him anyway......

“Your parents are here? Oh, great. This is a good way for Mom and Dad to see me. Just fucking great,” I whispered to myself.

“You left him.” It was a statement more than a question.

He reached over and gave me a tight hug. I really missed his arms. That was in the platonic way of course.......

“Daddy?” Jeremiah asked in a sleepy haze.

“No, buddy. It's me,” JC smiled, stepping out of my arms. He placed Jeremiah on his own shoulder.

“Uncle JC!” He smiled, getting excited for once. “I'm glad it wasn't Daddy.”

JC walked us into his house and upstairs, not stopping to talk to his company. He opened a bedroom door and placed Jeremiah on the bed.

“Go to sleep, buddy,” he whispered, kissing my son's forehead.

“Okay,” he yawned. He went to sleep with a smile on his cherubic little face.

“You need to get to sleep too,” he stared into my eyes and took a shuddering breath. I know he was staring at my bruises.

“They look worse than they feel,” I murmured.

“Stop making excuses for him, Raquel. Just go to bed.”

I nodded and slipped into bed with my son. I looked up into teary blue eyes. “Thank you.”

He nodded his head. “Your brother would kick my butt if he saw you right now. I promised him I would take care of you, Raquel.........”

“Tyrone would know it's not your fault. It's my own. It's always my own, stupid fault.” Tears ran down from my eyes.

“Go to sleep. We'll talk in the morning,” JC whispered, kissing my forehead.

I watched him leave before I broke down for the first time since I've been through this all.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki