Moving On by tikki


Number of reviews: 6
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +



“JC! You can't be serious! You're gonna actually let her stay here?!” A familiar female voice screamed.

“Yes! Veronica, it's not as big as you're making it.” I could imagine him pleading with her with his gorgeous blue eyes.

“JC, how would you feel if I let some strange guy stay with me?”

Silence.

“That's what I thought.”

I heard JC sigh. “Raquel isn't a stranger, okay? She's family.”

“How the hell can a black girl be your 'family'?”

“It's a long story. Her brother died. Her parents died. I was there for her. And my family was, too.”

“So, you have no interest in her at all?”

There was the famous Chasez aggravated groan. “Veronica, just go home, okay? I'll call you later. I'm not in the mood for this.”

After hearing the front door slam, I figured it was okay to go downstairs. I crept down the stairs and into the kitchen. His back was to me and he was sipping on some tea.

“You still haven't learned not to eavesdrop?” He asked, softly, still not facing me.

“No. Where did Mom and Dad go?”

“Back to Chicago. Their plane left this morning.”

“Oh. Sorry I caused an argument between you and Veronica.”

“It's all right.”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No. Do you?” He finally turned around and looked at me, cocking his eyebrow.

I swallowed, not knowing what to do. Deep down, I wanted to tell him. Then, there was the other part of me that was still scared. Corey had threatened to kill me if I ever told. But then again, JC already knew. He might know even more than I thought he did.

Indecision tore at my heart and sobs started. I felt younger and younger each time I was with him. I was no longer that 25 year old woman, but more like I was seven years old.

“What am I gonna do with you?” He whispered, pulling me into a hug. “It's gonna be okay. You don't have to be afraid anymore.”

Although he said that to make me feel better, it didn't help. No one knows Corey like I do. And I know last night won't be the last time I'll see him. God help me, because it won't.

“JC?” I whispered.

“Huh?” He looked at me from where my head rested on his shoulder.

I kissed his cheek, “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” he smiled. “More than you'll ever know.”

My heart stopped. I don't think I was suppose to hear that. He must've meant as 'family'. Friends. Brother and sister. Right? Only I doubt he tells Heather he loves her like that.

I looked into his blue eyes, trying to think clearly.

His head bent toward my mouth. I tensed up in his arms. He came closer until he was an inch away from my lips. I took a deep breath.

“Mama!” Jeremiah screamed, breaking us apart. “Mama! Daddy's gonna get me!”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki