Why Did You Mess With Forever? by ladylion5


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


"Jace!" Becca Carlson was surprised when she saw JC on the other side of her door. "I'm sorry, I just… You've never knocked before…"

"Yeah, well I just don't feel right walking in here anymore," he answered. Becca swallowed hard and nervously tucked a strand of brown hair that escaped her ponytail back behind her ear. His frozen voice chilled her bones. "Do you have my stuff?"

"Ye-Yeah," she said and then cleared her throat. It's in the bedroom." He stood in her doorway, his blue eyes looking everywhere but at her. "I guess I'll just go get it then."

He stepped inside the apartment he had considered home for nearly a year and for the first time felt like a stranger. Everything was still the same as he remembered, but the energy was different now. It was cold.

Becca returned with a cardboard box and looked almost frightened. "God, Jace, you're starting to scare me. I know you're not a total robot."

"You don't deserve my tears," he said harshly. She bit her lip and sniffed, and he saw the tears she was holding back.

Good, he thought stubbornly. Good, I hope it hurts her… I hope it's killing her, because it's already killed me.

And it had. He was numb to everything.

"So I guess this is it," Becca whispered as JC took the box from her hands.

"Not just yet," he said. Her green eyes looked up at him, hopeful. "Was it worth it?"

"What?" she asked in a shaky voice.

"Was it worth it?" he repeated in louder, firmer voice. "Was it worth my never coming back?"

The floodgates opened and she sobbed. "No, Jace it wasn't."

All of his anger and depression that had built up over the last week finally exploded. "Why? Why did you do this? Did you think I wasn't good enough for you? Did-"

"No, no! Jace, please, I didn't mean it!"

"How do you not mean to fuck someone, Becca?" The decibels his voice had reached nearly shook her entire floor.
She opened her mouth but he stopped her words. "And don't tell me it was because of the alcohol! How could be such a slut-"

"Stop, don't be so mean!"

"You made me this way!"

JC's face was beat red, and his entire body shook. Becca slid to the floor, her face in her hands, sobbing. He had finally broken her, and surprisingly enough it didn't bring the satisfaction that he thought it would. Suddenly, he was being pulled in different directions. Part of him wanting, needing, to stay with her because she had become all the he knew. Another part told him to walk away, leave her in her misery.

After a few minutes, Becca finally was able to rise to her feet. "You'll never know how sorry I am," she whispered as she stood in front of him. He looked away. She sniffed again and wiped the tears from her face. "Don't I at least get a kiss goodbye?"

"You already did."

Becca blanched and looked away. "I swear I didn't mean for it. I know there's nothing to say that can justify my actions I just… I had been so upset! I was so jealous that you were spending time with that girl, that producer and I… I only had two shots of vodka, and I knew exactly what I was doing but… I don't know why I did it," she admitted.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Becca," he said quietly. "Because you've lost me."

JC walked out the door, leaned against it, and slid to the floor. His breathing became ragged and his throat was tight. Soon the tears poured from his eyes as he struggled with the overwhelming urge to run back in the apartment, hold her, and cry with her. He wanted to assure her that everything would be fine, but he couldn't, because in the end Becca has lost faith in their relationship, and that, JC knew, was why she ruined their forever.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki