Seeing Hayden Sequel to Your Child by JustinsCaramelSenorita


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 3

Kayla woke up to an unfamiliar feeling. She blinked twice to adjust her eyes to their surroundings. She rubbed her hands over her arms and felt goosebumps. She'd never leave her house at this cold a temperature, because of Hayden. She looked around and saw none of her things, then it hit her she had actually spent a night over Justin's house. She looked over to the other side of the bed and noticed that Hayden wasn't laying with her anymore. Of course thinking the worse she jumped up and looked over the side of the bed fearing he had fallen off during the night. She let out a sigh of relief.

She got out of bed and searched around the room. She rubbed her arms trying to warm herself. Searching around his anormous house, she smelled the faint smell of bacon. Justin wasn't all that great a cook, so she assumed he went and bought something. She tackled the stairs two at a time and stopped dead in her tracks at the sight in the kitchen. It was completely adorable. Justin had obviously bought a highchair. Justin was sitting at the regular table and Hayden was in the brand new highchair. And they were eating breakfast together. It was so cute, because Justin was actualyl talking to Hayden, and Hayden would answer back in gargle and Justin pretended to understand him. Knowing Justin, it wouldn't really surprise her if he had understood him.

Justin noticed a third presence in the room and diverted his attention towards her. "Well, Miss. Mommy you can join us anytime. I have your plate in the microwave." He turned his attention back to Hayden, who waved a slightly soaked in baby slob bacon at her she was sure. She waved back at him, before running over and kissing him all over his face. Justin laughed out loud at the sight. They were extremely cute together. Kayla was an awesome mother, he could tell. He hoped that someday he could become the daddy that everyone expected of him. She made her way over to the microwave and was surprised by a full plate of bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast AND pancakes. They looked homemade, of course looks can be deceitful. And even though it looks absoultely delicious, if it was made by Justin it probably had burnt pieces INSIDE the pancakes.

"Kayla ..it's okay, I didn't fix it. I had Ma throw something together." She let out a sigh of relief, while taking a seat across from Justin, and digging in. She met Lynn a couple of times, but was only introduced as a "friend." It didn't really matter to Kayla at the time how she was introduced, only that she could meet Lynn. Lynn was so friendly, and could cook the hell out of some food.

"She probably hates me, huh?" Assuming that Justin had given her the information. Justin was very close to his mom. She knew things before ANYONE else. When she didn't get an answer right away, she looked up to see Justin shrug a bit. "What does," mimicking his actions, and shrugged her shoulders. "mean? You DID tell her, right?"

"Well," He stuffed a bunch of pieces of bacon in his mouth, muffling his answer.

She reached across the table and discarded the pieces of bacon from his mouth. "You did tell her, right?"

"I did, alright? I just explained the basics." She settled back into her chair, ready to listen to whatever explanation he had to offer. "Look ..she was already upset about everything else with Michelle. I did tell her about Hayden ..I just," He held his head down in shame. "I just ..didn't tell her about the mom." She looked into his blue eyes. They looked like he was actually sorry about it. She shouldn't have felt like he owed it to her, to tell his mom. It just wasn't the right time. She shrugged it off.

"I understand." Noticing the tone of her voice, he tried to explain.

"It's not you ..I just don't think it's the right time. The big news is that I even have a son. The explosive news is who I have a son with, you understand?" He watched as she stared at her food in silence before looking at Hayden. She gave him a short nod.

"Do you think you could give him a bath? So, I can finish eating and wash the dishes?" He noticed that she was avoiding even looking at him.

"Yeah ..I can do that, but you don't have to worry about the dishes." As if nothing even happened her eyes found his, and she laughed.

"I eat here, too. It's no problem, really." She gave him a reassuring smile. Knowing that Kayla was very stubborn and hard-headed he decided to not even fight a losing battle. He picked up Hayden, and moved towards the upstairs. Kayla watched them until she couldn't see them anymore. She let out a disgruntle sigh, while picking up the dishes and making her way to the sink. She dumped the uneaten food into the trash can, before filling up the sink to wash 'em.

Why did it feel like he was hiding her all over again? Yeah, it surely shouldn't be something he should be proud of, but ...she was being left in the dark all over again. He was coming around, that's all she could ask for. She really liked his mother, and was already on odds end thinking she was going to hate her now.

Things would get better, they'd have to. She couldn't rush Justin, he'd let things out in his own time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knocking could be heard all over the house. Kayla stepped out of her room, the knocking was still persistant. She found her way downstairs to see Justin laying down watching t.v, and Hayden laying on his stomach asleep. It was the best sight she had ever seen, and wish she had brung a camcorder, a camera, and anything else to save this precious moment. But he could've atleast got up to answer the door. This was his house after all.

"Hey, Kay ..since you're right there, could you get the door?" He asked never taking his eyes off the screen. She groaned, why did he have to be so lazy? And furthermore why did he have to say Kay. Her stomach immediately filled with butterflies. Stupid feelings, don't they ever know when they're not wanted?

She'd walk right over there, and grab him by the legs and dump him on the floor, if it wouldn't wake Hayden. She jogged over to the door, and as soon as she turned the knob and the person behind the door revealed themselves, she thought she was going to have a heart attack. The wind was knocked out of her.

Michelle ..

"Michelle," She studdered out. To say that Michelle looked surprised to see Kayla IN her husband's house would be the understatement of the year. Kayla didn't know if she should invite her in, call for Justin, or just stand there looking stupid. She decided the best thing to do, obviously, was stand there looking stupid.

"Is Justin home?" Michelle didn't seem upset, but Kayla couldn't really tell.

"Yes, come in." When Michelle walked in after her, she felt stupid for inviting her into her OWN home. When they arrived to the livingroom, Justin looked over jumped up, almost knocking poor Hayden out of his arms. His reflexes jumped in soon enough, and he caught him before he even woke up.

"Michelle," He looked between his wife, and his baby's mother, and back between the two. He stood up with Hayden still wrapped carefully in his arms.

"Um ..I should probably get Hayden and leave." Michelle put a hand up to stop her.

"Don't be absurd." She gave her a soft smile. "I just need alittle time alone with Justin, if you don't mind." Kayla looked at her as if she had lost her damn mind. It's HER husband, yet she was asking her permission. She shook her head, while she grabbed her son, and made a b-line to the steps. Michelle looked around as though she was uncomfortable with her surroundings.

"Baby .." Justin took a step towards her, and frowned when she took two steps back.

"It's good to see you taking the first step and seeing your son. I'm proud of you, Justin." Her eyes glazed over, like she wanted to cry. "But ..why is Kayla here?"

"Hayden was fussy, and he wanted his mother. It's innocent, I promise. Kayla wouldn't --." She bit her lip and nodded.

"I don't have a reason to not trust Kayla, Justin. She's been nothing but perfectly honest with me. It's you who I don't trust." Her words were like little stabs penetrating his heart. It amazed him how one day she'd trust him with her life, and the next something could snatch that away so easily.

"I understand ..I--."

"No, you don't understand," She cut him off yet again. "You don't understand until you're married ..and your wife's ex boyfriend tells you she's been cheating on you." She took a step towards him. "You don't understand until the person you love and would do anything for, is the ONE person who hurt you the most." She took another step towards him until she was face to face. "You don't understand until the one person you couldn't see yourself living without, is the one person you can't stand to live with." She turned away, as the tears ran freely down her face. Justin wanted to console her, he wanted to hug her, but she'd probably kill him if she tried to do either one.

"I .." He stopped once he couldn't form the words to even begin to explain how sorry he was. He ran a hand over his face, and was surprised to that her words had effected him to the point of tears.

"Trace told me she was here." She told him, once she got alittle of her composure back. Justin knew that Trace was upset about the whole thing, but he didn't have to sell him out like that. Justin knew that Michelle was not ready to hear any of this.

"Michelle, I would've told you ..but you haven't been returning any of my phone calls."

"So, this is my fault? You're trying to turn it around on me?"

"Of course i'm not!" His voice had risen more than he liked. "I just ..you never really gave me a chance to explain. Or .." He raised his hands up in defeat.

"We obviously still can't deal with this yet. I'm sorry I bothered you." She turned around to leave.

"Michelle!" He called out to her. She only raised up her hand in a wave and left without saying anything else. He felt his knees wobble, and he made his way to the couch before falling to the floor and breaking down.

Kayla made her way silently down the steps. She had put Hayden in the bed and sat on the steps and listened to the arguement. It was powerful and heart-breaking. She had never seen nor heard Justin sound so broken up before. She knelt down beside him, it pained her to see him like this. Those damn feelings again. She wished she could just not give a fuck ..but the problem was she did give a fuck. She rubbed Justin's shoulders, trying to comfort him. He leaned into her body, and she took that as an opportunity to hug him. She didn't know what to say, or had anything to say that would make things better. All she could be right now was a shoulder to cry on.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki