A Beautiful Broken Soul by dancewithurheart08


Number of reviews: 41
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


It’s the first day of May and I’m sitting on the back porch viewing the beach while Justin’s nearby playing basketball with Trace. Every once in a while I’ll laugh cause of Trace’s shots he makes or when Justin tries to slam-dunk.

Justin’s extremely happy to be back up on his feet and doing normal things again. I would say he’s officially better. Except for the incident last week about the cameramen. We let the world know three days later that he is alive and we only told them bits and pieces of the story. We basically said that we had lost him for a little, but wanted to keep him on life support just incase and it turned out to be a miracle. We didn’t want anyone to know because we weren’t sure of ourselves if he would have come through or not.

Hey, I like that version--no drama included.

My parents left just a few days ago. The only words I said to them basically were ‘okay’ and ‘goodbye’. So that means any day now, I’ll probably be receiving a phone call from Mom. It’s not that I hate her; I just don’t understand why she took Dad back. Yes, she loves him, but the guy cheated on her! The bonus fact is that he’s married!

That man needs to read his bible more often.

‘Do not commit adultery.’

Hah. Funny.

Maybe if I were in Mom’s situation I’d do the same thing, but let’s not think about that.

I hear Justin shout ‘April Fools!’ at Trace as I just shake my head.

Justin just realized today that he didn’t get to celebrate his ‘favorite’ holiday”April Fool’s Day. So now, he’s making that day up to all of us by doing random jokes and tricks.

Like this morning when I was making breakfast for us, he kept giving me this funny grin and I immediately knew something was up. As I would continue to make breakfast, he would watch my every move to make sure he wouldn’t miss something.

“Is there something I need to know, Justin?”

“Nope, just remember that I love you.”


Now I always get all happy inside every time he says those words to me so I began to forget about what he was trying to do.

That is until I walked over to the refrigerator.

I opened it up to get milk out and I scream out in terror as I see bugs arranged around the milk container.

Justin laughs his head off and stands next to me.

“What’s the matter, Rach babe?”

“There is like a million freakin bugs right by the milk!”


Justin begins to laugh again and opens the refrigerator. He picks up one of them and I realize that these stupid bugs are plastic, fake toys.

April Fools!” he says as he flings the plastic bug right at me.

I scream once again cause I can’t stand bugs. Then I pick it up and throw it right at his head as he’s taking out the rest of the ‘toys’.

Lucky for me, the toy went down his shirt and he started to freak out.

I laugh my head off as he frantically shakes his shirt until the toy comes out.

Remember this moment next time you decide to pull a trick out of your hat on me,” I tease.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..” Justin groans.

So ever since this morning, he’s only done jokes and tiny tricks to me like ‘Your shoe is untied’ when stupid me looks down not realizing that I don’t even have shoes on.

Sigh. And this is the man I married?

I hear the porch door open and close as Elisha comes out.

“Okay, I’m finally here!”

“It’s about time,” I tease, “these two are driving me crazy!”

“Yeah, well that’s what men tend to do,” Elisha jokes.

“Trace wouldn’t be bad if Justin would stop pulling April Fools jokes on him.”

Elisha laughs, “He found out he missed that day?”

“Yes, unfortunately. All day, he’s been doing jokes and tricks and some of them I actually fell for.”

“Haha! Oh boy, you have got to remember that Justin is always a jokester.”

“Oh I remember very well, especially after the bug incident I told you earlier.”

Elisha laughs her head off. She thinks that joke is the funniest thing ever.

I can’t help it”I don’t like bugs!

“Hey Elisha!” Justin shouts. “Your shoe’s untied!”

“Nice try, Justin! I have flip-flops on today!”

“Damn it!”

Everyone laughs at Justin’s first failed joke of the day. Finally someone shows him he can’t trick everyone.



It’s eight in the evening and we’re all sitting on the couch watching one of my favorite movies of all time”Airplane.

I can’t believe I never saw this movie until two years ago when we were at Lance’s house for a get-together. For some reason, we were in an 80’s mood that night and Lance decided to put on Airplane to everyone’s entertainment.

I was clueless about this movie. Everyone couldn’t believe I never saw it before and insisted that I watch it.

It sounded like it was going to be one of those stupid cheesy movies, but after I watched the intercom fight at the airport, on which gate was which, I was laughing my head off through the rest of the movie.

So after that night, I HAD to buy the movie and every now and then, we’ll put it out for a good laugh. No matter how many times you see this movie, it can’t get too old.

“Surely you can’t be serious!”
“I am serious, and don’t call me surely!”


The four of us laugh for what seems to be the millionth time ever since we put on the movie. I told you it couldn’t get old.

“Pass the popcorn, dawg,” Justin says to Trace.

Trace ends up throwing the bag and almost ended up hitting me in the head if Justin didn’t catch it.

Aw. My hero.

But then again it was just popcorn.

An hour later, the movie’s over and Trace and Elisha just left.

And now, I’m helping Justin clean up all the popcorn on the floor cause it was such a bright idea for him and Trace to start having a popcorn fight by throwing it at each other.

Yup”these two definitely grew up together.

As we’re almost finished, I hear my ring tone ‘Over and Over’ start to play.

I stand up from the floor and rush over to answer the call.

“Hello?”

“Rachel, it’s Johnny. How are you?”

Uh oh. The manager’s calling. Don’t get me wrong, I love Johnny and think he is the greatest manager out there, but when he calls, it usually means business. But sometimes, he’ll throw some curves and invite us out or something.

“Pretty good. Let me guess”you called for a reason?” I joke.

“Haha, well of course I did. We have a meeting about setting the date to release your album tomorrow morning at 9, if you remember.”

“Oh my god, I forgot!”

“I figured,” Johnny teases. “You didn’t make any plans, did you?”

“No I didn’t but..” I look over at Justin as he finished cleaning up, “Hold on a second,” I say as I walk into another room.

“Alright, I’m back. I didn’t make any plans, Johnny, but…it’s just…I don’t know if I’m ready for it go out yet or not.”

“Is something wrong, Rachel?”

“No, everything’s actually going right for once, but some of those songs I wrote are based on Justin after the accident and I don’t know if I’m ready for the world to hear it yet. I don’t know if I’m ready for HIM to hear it yet.”

“I see. I’m not trying to throw this out at you, but you do have a single out already since you wanted it out earlier than the middle of this month. I think it’s too late.”

I sigh. I want this album to come out, but it’s really personal and I just don’t know if I want Justin to hear how I was feeling the past two months. I’ve told him a select few things, but definitely not everything.

“Alright, I’ll be at the meeting tomorrow.”

“Okay, see you tomorrow, Rachel.”

“Bye.”

I walk back out into the living room to find the lights turned out.

Hmm.. Justin must have already gone upstairs.

I head upstairs to our bedroom and sure enough, Justin’s already asleep in bed.

I quickly change into my PJ’s and head into bed.

Before I turn off the light, I kiss Justin on the forehead and watch him smile.

I don’t know how tomorrow’s going to turn out. I want Justin to hear the songs, but then I don’t.

I guess I’m all mixed up right now.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki