A Beautiful Broken Soul by dancewithurheart08


Number of reviews: 41
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N: (This is just to say once again, thanks for all your reviews! I really do appreciate it cause I had no idea how people would think of the story, but I'm glad to know you like it! So yeah thanks for commenting--your reviews are always entertaining;) )
----------
Justin broke the kiss by pushing Britney away.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?”

“Justin…I’m sorry…I just had to…I miss you..”

Justin shook his head in disgust, stood up from the table and began to head toward the front door.

“Justin wait!” She says as she blocks Justin’s way out the door.

“We can talk this out..”

“What’s there to talk about, Britney?! We’re both married to someone else! I don’t know what’s been going on with you and Kevin, but I’m in love with Rachel! And speaking of those two, you just betrayed them! And even though it wasn’t my intention to kiss you, I betrayed them!”

“They don’t have to know about it, J..”

“Oh, but they do! I CAN’T keep this from Rachel! I don’t know what you’re gonna do about Kevin, but that’s not my problem, that’s yours!”

“J, you can’t tell her! We’ll loose our friendship!”

“Yeah well you should have thought about that before you went behind your friend’s back!”

As Justin opens the front door, he looks back to Britney for a moment, “I don’t want anything to do with you ever again. You not only lost one friendship, you lost two.”




Justin runs to his car and leaves Britney’s house. As he drives, he tries to call Rachel’s cell, but all he gets is her voice message.

Figuring she could still be at practice, he calls Wade.

“Yo!”

“Wade, it’s Justin! Are you guys still practicing?!”

“You mean is Rachel still practicing?” Wade teases. “No, I’m not even at the dance studio. I let them out a half hour earlier than expected.”

“Shit..”

“Is something wrong, J?”

“Kind of…I’ll call you later, Wade! Bye!”

Justin doesn’t wait for Wade to respond as he hangs up. He decides to head for the house to see if she went home before she decided to go to Britney’s.

Justin reaches the house and hurries into it.

“RACHEL?!”

He hears nothing but the echo of his voice.

“RACHEL, ARE YOU HERE?!”

Justin searches through the house quickly and finds no one.

“DAMN IT!” He pounds on the island in the kitchen.

He feels a piece of paper beneath his hand, picks it up, and reads it.

Justin

All I want know is how long? How long has this been going on? Has Britney been in the picture ever since we got married?


“…No..” Justin says. “She couldn’t have seen it…no..”

I cannot tell you how many feelings were rushing into me when I saw you and her kissing. Just know that you lost my trust.

I’ve gone away somewhere. I don’t know where as I write this letter, just as long as it’s away from here.

-Rachel


Justin read the letter again, went upstairs to ‘their’ room, and began to cry.

He felt as if his world had just crashed. He had hoped she would never see anything like that, but she did. And he felt horrible. He felt unclean after Britney’s lips touched his. He wanted that whole moment to go away.

Most importantly, he wanted his wife back.




It’s now nine in the morning and I’m at Elisha’s. I told her the whole story last night when I showed up at eleven and she couldn’t believe her ears. I cried the whole time I said it, too. Elisha’s the only one who knows I’m here. No one else. And she’s sworn to not tell Trace or Lynn or anyone.

Especially Justin.

God, it hurts to think of him. Every time I do, my mind just creates that picture of him and Britney kissing. It disgusts me. I thought I could trust her. I thought I could trust HIM.

Guess I was wrong.

“Rach, are you sure you’re okay?”

I hear Elisha come over to the couch I’ve been sleeping on.

She offered me the guest room, but I was just fine with the couch. I wouldn’t have gotten any sleep wherever I slept.

“I’m fine…don’t worry about me..” I say back.

Elisha sighs, “Rach, I still think you should talk to him. It might have been a big misunderstanding..”

“Oh yes, a BIG misunderstanding.”

“I don’t know what to say. I wanna help you as much as I can, but I can’t. All I’m saying is maybe you should hear what he has to say.”

“Oh yes, let’s hear ‘Sorry, but I moved on with the woman I actually love”it was nice while it lasted’…” I say as I begin to cry.

Elisha begins to come over until the doorbell rings.

“Don’t open it! It’s probably him!” I cry quietly.

“Rachel, I’m sure it’s not him. It’s probably Trace or my neighbors. Why don’t you go upstairs and take a bubble bath”that always calms me down.”

The doorbell rings again. I look back and forth from Elisha to the front door.

“Okay. Thanks.” I say as I head for the bathroom.




I lazily play with the bubbles in the tub. It’s calming, but not enough for this kind of situation.

Perfect by nature, icons of self indulgence
Just what we all need, more lies about a world that
Never was and never will be
Have you no shame, don’t you see me
You know you’ve got everybody fooled


I’ve thought of calling my Mom, but I always changed my mind. She has her own problem.

I’ve gotta deal with this one on my own.

I hear a knock on the door. “Rach, can I come in?”

I quickly close the curtain, “Sure.”

I hear Elisha come in the bathroom and see her shadow sit on the toilet.

“You were right, Rach. It was him.”

I’m surprised. I thought I was overreacting once I thought about it.

Score”two points right there.

“He was looking for you..”

“You didn’t tell him I was here, did you?!” I interrupt her.

“No, I didn’t.” Elisha says as I sigh of relief.

“What did he say?”

“He asked if I knew where you were and I said I had no idea. He gave me a disappointed ‘okay’ and began to walk away. I called him back to see what was wrong, just to see what he would say. He said that everything was wrong.”

I continue to twirl my finger in the bubbles as I listen to Elisha.

“He also told me that if I see you to tell you that he’s really sorry and that he’ll be at the house.”

We both are silent for a moment.

“Do you think he meant it?” I ask.

“Every word. He looked like a mess, Rachel. I really don’t think he meant for this to happen, which is why you should go talk to him. You’ll have to eventually.”

“I know…it just…hurts..I mean I never thought I’d see them kiss again, especially now that we’re married.”

“Well, I can’t say the same thing since Trace and I are just engaged, but I agree with the hurt thing. It always hurts to see the one you love show affectionate feelings to someone else. But that doesn’t mean Justin’s forgotten you. I don’t think he went over Britney’s for that reason.”

I think about it for a little. I can’t believe that he wouldn’t do something like that until I talk to him. I guess I do need to go back.

“You’re right…I should talk to him..”

“Good. I’ll let you finish up your bath and then you can get ready if you’re ready to talk to him. Just know I’m not trying to kick you out, you can stay here as long as you want.”

“Thanks Elisha. I appreciate it.”

“No problem.” She says as she leaves.

I think about our conversation for a little and decide that as soon as I’m ready, I’m gonna go talk to Justin. I shouldn’t give up on us yet. Last night, I immediately wanted a divorce.

But now after this morning, I think there could be an explanation I need to hear. I’m trying to think positive that it was a big setup. But it still hurts.

It never was and never will be
You don’t know how you’ve betrayed me
And somehow you’ve got everybody fooled


I just don’t know if I can believe it.
----------
Song credit: Everybody’s Fool”Evanescence


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki