A Beautiful Broken Soul by dancewithurheart08


Number of reviews: 41
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N: Sorry about not updating this in a while—I’ve been thinking of where to take this story, plus I’m getting ready for Nationals in July! So thanks for waiting!
----------
I’m so tired.

I just danced my butt off for a few hours today, but usually I’m not this tired.

I drag myself into the house to hear a video game being played following Justin and Trace yelling at the stupid thing.

I walk in further to the living room where they’re playing some car race game.

“Dude, you suck! No wonder you get driven everywhere you go!”

“Shut the hell up Ayala and just play!”

“You guys do realize this is a game, right?” I ask, making my presence known.

Justin turns his head to my position behind the couch and flashes a smile, “Hey Rach babe!”

“HAH! I WON!” Trace shouts.

“WHAT!?” Justin turns his head back to the TV to find a sign flashing on his side of the game saying ‘You Lose!’

“DAMN IT!”

“Eh, that’s what happens when a woman enters the room, J. You forget what you’re doing and put your attention toward them—and then you lose twenty bucks!” Trace says.

“Well that’ll be happening to you tomorrow, Ayala,” Justin says as he hands over the money to Trace.

“What’s tomorrow?” I ask puzzled.

Justin and Trace look at me as if I said some pathetic joke.

“Yo! Were you out getting popcorn the last couple of days?! Elisha plus I equals wedding tomorrow!” Trace says.

Wow I’m an idiot. It’s not like I was just with Elisha yesterday making sure my maid-of-honor dress fit.

“Sorry, I’m just not thinking clearly today,” I say.

“Then apparently yesterday wasn’t your day either with the macaroni,” Justin teases.

“Shut up! It’s not my fault someone forgot to put the water in while I was making the chicken!”

“Basketball game was on!” Justin pouted.

“Yeah, well that’s why the microwave still smells bad—burnt macaroni has an odd aroma..” I say thinking of the disgusting smell.

“Man, is this how it is when you’re married?” Trace jokes.

“Just you wait and see..” I say. “So what time’s the rehearsal dinner again?”

“5:00..in the afternoon,” Justin says.

“Na uh! I thought it was in the morning!” I playfully hit Justin on the head.

“Yeah, well either way be ready after I kick Trace’s butt this time!”

“Aw, hell no! You’re on pretty boy!” Trace teases.

“DON’T CALL ME THAT!”

I rush over to Trace and start to bow, “Mr. Trace, I worship you for saying that!”

If you wanna make my husband mad, calling him ‘Pretty boy’ will get to him. It’s pretty fun cause he has such a cow when you say it.

“You’ll be worshipping me tonight, babe!” Justin says.

And if you wanna embarrass the crap out of me, have your husband hint to your love life and what’s to come next.

I go upstairs to get ready while the kids—I mean the ‘men’—continue their rematch at the video game.

Everything’s perfect right now. No drama since last week with the whole Britney thing. By the way, she keeps trying to call both Justin and I, but thanks to Caller ID we ignore it.

Let me get just one thing clear—the boy is mine.

Hah, I love that song.

I put on my outfit for the rehearsal dinner, which includes my silky, turquoise halter top, one of my many short, black skirts, and my high, black heels.

Hearing Trace cheer and Justin yell again, I figure that’s my cue that it’s time to go.




“I dunno about this anymore!”

I sigh. It’s the big day for Trace and Elisha. I stayed with Elisha for the night while Trace stayed at our house with Justin and JC. And of course, like any other couple about to enter a marriage, both of them have butterflies.

Especially Elisha.

So that’s who I’m with right now in the dressing room as we wait for the cue as to when the wedding’s about to begin.

“Elisha, you’ll be fine! He loves you!”

“But what if something goes wrong?! What if I screw up?! What if I’m not good enough?!”

I hate to laugh, but its funny thinking that I had the same thoughts back in August.

“It’s not funny, Rach! I’m scared!”

Whoops—gotta get back to the bride in distress.

“Don’t worry about it! I had the exact same thoughts right before I was about to marry Justin—you saw me! I was a wreck!”

Oh boy was I ever.

“But look at us! We’re still together and it’s almost a year already! You guys are gonna have ups and downs like any normal couple does, but it makes you stronger and brings you closer together! You’re gonna make it!”

Hey wait a sec—it’s almost a year!

Holy crap.

“Thank you,” Elisha says as she hugs me.

“That’s what the Maid-of-Honor’s here for,” I say.

“Girls,” Elisha’s father pokes his head in, “It’s time to go!”

We both make last minute adjustments before the wedding starts.

“Good luck, girl!” I say to Elisha as I step in front of her.

When the flower girl and all the bridesmaids walk down the isle, it’s my turn. As I walk, I look at Justin, who’s standing right behind Trace as the Best Man. Justin flashes me a smile and a wink as I get to the end and join the group of bridesmaids.

Everyone stands up and looks towards the door, where a minute later Elisha and her father walk out of. I can see people get teary-eyed already and Trace all shocked on how beautiful she looks.

Man, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the boy that amazed before!

Elisha and her father reach the front of the church, her father gives her a quick kiss on the forehead, and Elisha joins Trace to be married.

I love weddings. They always turn out to be nice and a pretty scene.

Plus everyone’s in a good mood. Well hopefully everyone.

Pretty soon, everyone claps as Trace and Elisha seal the deal with a kiss.

Finally they’re married, it’s about time! And my feet hurt right about now from standing in these high heels for a half-hour; can we please go to the reception and party?!




Note to self: Dancing to ‘Cotton Eyed Joe’ is hard to do in a dress.

And so that’s what I’m doing right now trying to not trip on my dress. So far, I’ve been successful unlike some people. Justin thinks it’s funny that I keep looking down to make sure I don’t trip.

Okay, I’m sorry but I don’t want Trace and Elisha to remember me falling down and making a fool of myself when they look back on their wedding day.

“Rach, there’s a little hook on the dress that you put on your finger so you don’t have to keep picking the dress up!” Elisha shouts over the music.

Oh so that’s what that’s for. I’m an idiot.

I hook the little thing on my finger and find that it is MUCH easier to dance now. The song ends as the band kicks up a new tune.

“C’mon baby, let’s shake it!” Justin says as he grabs my hand and leads me toward the middle of the dance floor where the newlyweds are.

Pretty soon, I feel like the whole reception just turned into that Irish-dancing scene in Titanic due to the music being played and how everyone’s dancing. I look around as Justin continues to dance with me. Everyone’s having such a good time.

All of a sudden, I’m being dragged into a huge circle where everyone’s dancing. We all shout and cheer as we watch Trace and Elisha dance. And of course, Justin pulls me out into the middle of the circle and does some moves that make my face turn beet red.

But I get back at him and do some of my moves that a couple of the guys shout “Oh!”

A new song is being played again as we join everyone and dance our butts off as I laugh my head off.

Nothing’s wrong right now. It’s all perfect. Let’s keep it that way.
**********
“WE’RE LOSING HIM DOCTOR!”

The doctor rushes over to the patient to try and save him, but it’s too late as the heart monitor stops.

“He’s gone doctor..”

He sighs as he pulls out a clipboard, wishing he could have been there in time.

“Date of death: May 21, 2005—9:41PM.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki