A Beautiful Broken Soul by dancewithurheart08


Number of reviews: 41
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N: Sorry about the long update! I just got back from Nationals so yeah...thanks for waiting!
----------
May 22, 2005


“Remind me again why I’m here..” I say with a groan.

I envy Elisha right now. Right now she’s on her honeymoon in Fiji. And where am I? On one of the few golf courses in Los Angeles, California. My husband woke me up at freakin’ 8:00 in the morning to tell me about his little golf plans with Lynn and Paul and basically dragged me out of the house to come. Might I also add we didn’t get home from the wedding till 3:00AM.

Right now, Justin and Paul are getting ready to begin the game while Lynn watches and I chill in the golf cart, not really caring for the sport.

It’s not that I hate golf, I just suck at it. I’m so afraid I’m gonna hit someone with my club one of these days and give them a concussion. My type of golfing is mini-golfing. Yeah, now that’s the way to play golf! Nice, tiny holes without swinging the thing in the air.

But I still lose every time.

“Baby, come on and play!” Justin shouts over to me.

“Maybe when I find motivation..” I say.

“Come on, Mrs. RT! Show my son what you got!” Lynn replies.

“All I got is a disaster waiting to happen and a hospital bill waiting to be paid when I knock out someone!”

“It depends who you’re knocking out, Rachel!” Paul teases.

I laugh as I hear a new song come on my IPod that I brought along.

They got a lot of girls who know they got it going on
But nothing’s ever a comparison to you


“YES! IT’S MY SONG!” I shout and get a few stares from other golf players.

“Okay, that’s more of a reason why I want you on this golf course with me instead of you listening to Jesse McCartney on your IPod,” Justin says as he walks over to me.

“But…it’s Jesse McCartney!” I say as I start to sing with the song.

But it’s me! Justin Timberlake! Your husband!

She’s no you...oh no! You give me more than I could ever want...” I sing along with song, pretending I can’t hear Justin.

Justin continues to talk to me as he starts to get jealous, “You should be listening to ‘Like I Love You’, ‘Rock Your Body’, ‘Worthy Of’, hell you could even listen to ‘On The Line’, but not an 18 year old who is not as hot as I am!”

“So what if he’s only 18! His music is good and I like it!” I say.

“Fine. His music is good. Now will you please come play golf with us?” Justin pleads.

I don’t want nothing I don’t got, I don’t need nothing but you...” I stop as Justin snatches my IPod away from me.

“Justin!”

“Jesse McCartney will still be here when you get back from golfing,” Justin says in a motherly tone as he puts my IPod in my hidden Coach purse.

“Ugh..fine! I’ll play..” I say defeated.

“I thought so,” he replies as he leaves a quick kiss on my lips.

“And what luck! You’re next, hon!” Lynn says as I head over.

“Great..” I say as I put my tee or peg or whatever it’s called in the ground.

I try to get ready to swing, but I already know I’m holding the damn club the wrong way, “Justin, can you come help me?”

He walks over while he laughs and shakes his head at me, already knowing what’s wrong, “I don’t get it. You sing like an angel and you dance as if there’s another spirit in you, but you can’t hold a golf club the right way?”

“Shut up! You’re the one who’s making me do this!” I whine as he stands behind me.

“Alright, alright,” Justin says as he moves my hands in the ‘right’ position.

“Okay, you’re ready to swing! Just concentrate!” he says as he stands back.

Hah, good thing. Don’t need to send him back to the hospital.

I concentrate, I swing, and I hit the ball! Apparently, that’s not the only thing I hit as I see the tee go flying in the air as well.

Guess I didn’t put the thing in the ground hard enough.

“Oh dear Lord, Rachel!” Lynn says as she laughs along with everyone else.

“I told you I sucked at this!” I shout as I run to fetch my tee.

“Run, Forest! Run!” Justin shouts.

“Shut up!” I shout back as I retrieve my tee and head back to the group.

“You hit the ball, that’s a good thing. And it went pretty far, too!” Paul says.

“Yeah, so did the tee, but thank you,” I say.

“Okay, babe, let me show you how a REAL pro plays,” Justin says as he gets ready to swing.

“Oh, I can hardly wait,” I say sarcastically.

As if I don’t hear this everyday, I hear ‘Over and Over’ go off as my ringtone and pick up the phone.

“Hello?”

“…Rachel? It’s Mom..”

Uh oh, she sounds a little hesitant again.

“Hey, is something wrong?” I ask.

“Sweetheart…I don’t know how to tell you this…but..”

I wait for Mom to continue her statement until my concerned face goes to a shocked one. My eyes are wide, my train of thought is lost, and I feel a tear fest coming on.

“This…this is no sick joke…is it?” I ask slowly.

“…I wish it was, honey…I really wish it was..” Mom says as she continues to cry.

No…no..this can’t be happening.

“..I’ll be home as soon as I can, Mom…I love you..” I say as she replies similarly and we hang up.

Why? Why is this happening to me again? I mean, of course last time it ended up not really happening, but this is real this time. And I can’t believe it.

I walk over to the group as Paul gets ready to swing and tug on Justin’s shirt like a lost child.

He looks over when his beautiful smile turns into a frown as he sees me crying, “What’s wrong, baby?”

“…I think I need to go home..” I say.

“Okay..are you not feeling well, did something happen..” Justin says as he puts his palm against my forehead, checking for a fever.

“Something did happen..and I mean home as in Long Island..” I say between my tears as Lynn watches with worry written all over her face.

“Hey, is everything alright?” Paul asks as he walks over to us.

“You feel fine..” Justin says as he grabs a hold of my hands.

“It’s not that!” I start to get frustrated.

“I’m sorry, Rachel..just please tell me what’s wrong,” Justin says calmly.

“…MY DAD’S DEAD!” I say as I start to cry hysterically while everyone stands there in shock.
----------
Song credit: She's No You--Jesse McCartney


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki