A Beautiful Broken Soul by dancewithurheart08


Number of reviews: 41
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N: (Sorry it took so long to update again—I’ve been busy for a little and have hardly been on the computer! But I finally got time to just sit down and write the next chapter:)Once again thanks for your reviews—I appreciate it!)
----------
It’s been a week since everything has happened and today, Justin’s FINALLY coming home. The doctors have been very pleased with how his condition gets better everyday and finally gave the thumbs up to release him. I cannot tell you how happy I was to hear this, but I think Justin was more excited.

“THANK GOD! I won’t be forced to lay in a bed all day anymore!”

Unfortunately, the doctors told him he still had to rest a little and he let out the famous groan we all know and love.

I sighed and laughed—I don’t think we need kids—he acts as if he is one.

It feels good to laugh and just smile again, well except for the other problems I have right now.

I bet you’re wondering where my so-called parents are. They’re staying at Paul and Lynn’s house here in California for a couple more days. I haven’t talked to them since the ugly confrontation we had last week. I just can’t deal with this right now. As for Lynn, I finally forgave her two days ago, much to Justin’s satisfaction. It wasn’t easy, but I realized that she didn’t give up on Justin on that February night. I still don’t understand why she didn’t tell me, but the important thing is that Justin’s alive and he wouldn’t be if Lynn hadn’t done anything. So we’re good now.

Except for the fact that she’s letting my parents stay in her house. Yarg.

So here we are helping Justin get ready to leave this place. He’s so jumpy to go home that he’s freaking out the doctors, scaring them that he’ll fall or something—it’s quite entertaining. But surprisingly, he’s fine. He’s walking around as if he was never in an accident. And he looks like he was never in one either. His stitches were taken out while he was in a coma and he only has one faintly bad scar on his back. But otherwise, he’s still the same.

Ever since this morning, he’s been saying on how he wants to make this all up to me. Like how he wants to just go back to the way things were. I get the feeling he thinks this is his fault, which it isn’t. It’s that stupid idiot who decided ‘Hey! I think I’m gonna go get drunk tonight and then maybe I’ll make the unwise decision to drive! Sounds like a good idea!’

Well obviously he didn’t pay an ounce of attention to the D.A.R.E program.

I found out yesterday that the guy ended up dying, which I feel bad, but I realized that Justin was about to die right with him and that got my mind off of the guy.

“Okay, I’m FINALLY ready!” Justin says.

“Wow, I think this is a record—you actually got ready fast,” I tease.

“Hah hah hah, very funny,” he replies as he leaves a quick kiss on my lips.

As he leads me out the door with his hand guiding me, I take a look back at the room before I leave. It makes me sad that Justin’s been in here for what seems like forever. It makes me sad that he was even in here at all. But it’s all done and over with. He’s coming back home.

We meet Paul and Lynn and the doctor in the front lobby, all three having smiles on their faces.

“Alright, Justin. You’re out of here—just be careful and take it easy for a few days,” the doctor says.

Justin rolls his eyes as the doctor looks at me.

“That probably means you’ll have to watch him like a hawk, Rachel, considering I got the eye roll,” the doctor teases.

Everyone laughs, except for Justin of course.

But then he has to open his big mouth.

“Don’t worry doctor, I don’t think she’ll have a problem with the ‘watching’ part,” he teases.

Now it’s my turn to roll my eyes and get red as a beet.

God, I hate it when he embarrasses me.

“Well how about we get home?” Paul asks.

Justin thanks the doctor for everything he’s done and after the rest of us does the same, we walk out of the hospital and towards Paul and Lynn’s explorer.

Surprisingly, I don’t see any frantic fans. Good, hopefully this hasn’t gotten out yet. We haven’t figured out how to tell this to almost the whole world, but that’s not on our minds right now.

Too bad we don’t see a couple of cameramen hiding behind a few bushes as we leave the parking lot and head towards home.



It’s about four in the afternoon and we’re at our home. Paul and Lynn were going to stay, but Justin and I both insisted that they should go home and get rest. Anyways, it feels good to be here again, especially for Justin. After a few minutes of persuading him (plus showing him my famous puppy lips) he’s laying down on the couch watching TV with a blanket covering him.

Meanwhile, I’m standing by the island in our kitchen trying to figure out what the heck I can make for dinner tonight. It’s been a while since I cooked something—except for macaroni and cheese and other microwavable things. I want to cook something nice for Justin’s ‘welcome home’ dinner, but some of the things he likes might be too much for him right now. I look through the cupboards and find spaghetti sauce. He always did like pasta. So pasta he shall have!

I don’t worry about banging the pots around while I get them out because I hear Justin laugh at Spongebob.

Oh boy, don’t get me wrong. I love Spongebob, but he really does act like a kid.

But then again, it is kind of pathetic for us to be watching Spongebob when Justin’s 24 and I’m 22. Aw come on, I know you can’t resist turning on Nickelodeon to watch that funny and adorable character.

So I begin to get out all the stuff I need to make the pasta after I begin to boil the water. I also decide to make a salad and get out that Italian bread we both like.

As soon as Spongebob ends, I hear the channels flipping until I hear Clay Aiken’s ‘Invisible’ echo through the room.

“If I was invisible then I could just watch you in your rooom, if I was invisible I’d make you mine tonightttt,” Justin sings out like he doesn’t know how to sing.

“I like that song so don’t sing it like that!” I say as I laugh.

“What else am I supposed to do?! I’ve been forced to lay down here so I might as well find something entertaining to do!” he teases.

“You could always go back to the hospital and entertain yourself and I by eating that ‘delicious’ food!”

“Yuck, don’t remind me of that disgusting crap!” he whines. “Speaking of food, what are ya cooking good lookin’?”

“I thought I’d cook pasta tonight, and nice pick up line. Cheesy, but nice.”

“I only speaketh the truth,” he says in a theatrical way as I laugh. “Do you need any help?”

“Nope, I’m fine. You just stay there until I say dinner’s ready.”

“Ugh. Fine!” Justin whines as he begins to flip through the channels again.

I shake my head as I prepare the salad while watching the pasta cook.

I begin to hear the opening music to MTV News.

“Hello there world! It’s good to be seen! I’m Sway and this is MTV News! Here is some surprising and shocking news to all you NSYNC and Justin Timberlake fans out there!”

As soon as I heard those words, I knew what was about to happen. I stopped cooking, turned the stove off, and quietly stood behind the couch that Justin was on while we both watched the TV.

“As you all know, Justin was in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver back in February and died. Or did he? Take a look at this--a couple cameramen from a local news station in Los Angeles, California caught this footage on tape ‘supposedly’ today of Justin, his parents, and his wife, Rachel Kenzington, walking out of a local hospital. So the question is—is Mr. Justin Timberlake alive or not? Was this all a joke? Once again, we have no proof that this was taken today, but we will let you know as soon as more information comes. That’s it for MTV News for now—have a good day!”

I stare at the TV in shock. We knew people would find out about this eventually, but not this fast.

Paparazzi should go to hell.

I look down at Justin and he looks like he’s about to cry.

I feel horrible right now. This wasn’t how his first day at home was supposed to be. I walk towards the front of the couch and kneel down in front of him.

“Justin…it’ll be okay…screw those cameramen. They’re selfish assholes.”

“…They think it’s a joke, Rachel. Why would I joke about something like this? I didn’t even know anything until I woke up in that damn hospital bed over a week ago!” he cries.

I lean over and hug him tightly as he hugs back and continues to cry.

“It’s not fair, Rach, it’s not fair…”

I couldn’t agree with him more. Sometimes being a celebrity pays it price.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki